+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa ONLY - Post your timeline here! faster processing?

Supertramp048

Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 5, 2012 (federal)
Nomination.....
7 april, 2012
AOR Received.
june 20, 2012
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
not known
Med's Request
20 june, 2012
Med's Done....
26 june 2012,, In process June 24, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
September 19, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
i am in canada applicant
sarayu said:
Hi MM_Sask,

I believe, this 11 months processing time starts from the day they issue the AOR. Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Sarayu.
The time is counted from the LOCK IN date......Lock in means CIC gets a complete package and puts the file in the system.....you can find the lock in date in your GCMS ....Also the application recieved date is the lock in date in most cases

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
Supertramp048 said:
The time is counted from the LOCK IN date......Lock in means CIC gets a complete package and puts the file in the system.....you can find the lock in date in your GCMS ....Also the application recieved date is the lock in date in most cases
Hi Supertramp048,

Thanks a lot...it's first time for me to hear about Lock-In date...thanks for letting us know.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
I made a CPP-Ottawa spreadsheet - feel free to fill in your info so we can all have a better idea about processing times!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AieZfLOxQt2FdDgzNTFmc2E2bjJjVUhGVlhPMEcwbWc

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Earlier Buffalo later on xfered to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hi Guys,
I am the applicant from CPP- Ottawa. Recently I got an email from CPP- Ottawa that I should send my/dependents passports to Detroit Consulate office, RPRF fees, passport size PR pictures etc. I have my timelines added to my signature. I have few questions, really appreciate if you could answer them (Note: I have send a query to Detroit consulate but no reply from them).

1. As per the email which I received, it says RPRF fees can be paid in US or Canadian dollars to "Canadian Consulate General" but when referred to Detroit Consulate general's website it says:
if RPRF paid in US Dollars: it is payable to "the Consulate General of Canada" in the form of certified cheque or demand draft.
or if RPRF is paid in Canadian Dollars: it is payable to "the Receiver General for Canada" in the form of certified cheque or demand draft.
Since I am located in Canada and want to make RPRF payment in Canadian dollars, should I make instrument payable to "The Canadian Consulate General” (as per email) or payable to "The Receiver General for Canada" (as per website)?

2. My daughter is US citizen, so do I need to send my daughter's original or photocopy of passport? as email refers to citizen who doesn't need Canadian visa, can send a copy.
3. As we are located in Canada, can I send all of our passports to Detroit consulate address with self address envelop enclosed with commercial courier, is it normal to send passport across the border?
4. Do I need to write name, dob at the back of photos, please that studio has put a stamp indicating when picture is taken?

Really appreciate your help in the matter.

Thanks,
Canadabie

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadabie said:
Hi Guys,
I am the applicant from CPP- Ottawa. Recently I got an email from CPP- Ottawa that I should send my/dependents passports to Detroit Consulate office, RPRF fees, passport size PR pictures etc. I have my timelines added to my signature. I have few questions, really appreciate if you could answer them (Note: I have send a query to Detroit consulate but no reply from them).

1. As per the email which I received, it says RPRF fees can be paid in US or Canadian dollars to "Canadian Consulate General" but when referred to Detroit Consulate general's website it says:
if RPRF paid in US Dollars: it is payable to "the Consulate General of Canada" in the form of certified cheque or demand draft.
or if RPRF is paid in Canadian Dollars: it is payable to "the Receiver General for Canada" in the form of certified cheque or demand draft.
Since I am located in Canada and want to make RPRF payment in Canadian dollars, should I make instrument payable to "The Canadian Consulate General” (as per email) or payable to "The Receiver General for Canada" (as per website)?

2. My daughter is US citizen, so do I need to send my daughter's original or photocopy of passport? as email refers to citizen who doesn't need Canadian visa, can send a copy.
3. As we are located in Canada, can I send all of our passports to Detroit consulate address with self address envelop enclosed with commercial courier, is it normal to send passport across the border?
4. Do I need to write name, dob at the back of photos, please that studio has put a stamp indicating when picture is taken?

Really appreciate your help in the matter.

Thanks,
Canadabie
1. Pay what the instructions in the email say. Not the website. "Canadian Consulate General". That's what I did and it went through fine.
3. You can either send it directly or through the PO Box at Windsor. I believe that choice is provided in the email instructions, is it not?
4. Best to have the studio stamp but your DOB etc. not required. You will however need to put some details in a separate blank sheet. I'm guessing you've seen that?

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Thanks RG2012 for the information. I also heard from immigration in the meanwhile, they said that make payable as per the website. I have attached a separate sheet for eye color and height per instructions.

Did you send your passports to Detroit Consulate, how long did it take to get them back?

Thanks again RG2012

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadabie said:
Thanks RG2012 for the information. I also heard from immigration in the meanwhile, they said that make payable as per the website. I have attached a separate sheet for eye color and height per instructions.

Did you send your passports to Detroit Consulate, how long did it take to get them back?

Thanks again RG2012
Yes, I sent it via the Windsor drop box. From what I recall, it took a total of 10 days for them to return it back to me.

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Thanks rg2012 for quick reply and information..

Regards,
Canadabie.

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
MM_Sask said:
First thanks everybody for sharing your experiences.

Arrived Canada on Work Permit May 2009
Granted Saskatchewan Nomination Feb 2011
Applied Buffalo May 2011 - Received June 2011
Medicals received November 2011

Since then nothing, so two weeks ago I e-mailed updating some minor changes to my circumstances and asking for reassurance that my file is there. Received automatic reply

"Please note: if the information requested is available on our website at ********,or your application is still within standard processing times (***********), we will not provide a response to your message." (links removed)
E-mail referred to above sent 6th Nov. Reply received 29th Nov

Your file has been transferred from the former Visa Office in Buffalo to this office in Ottawa for processing and it represents only one of thousands of files that we need to integrate into our own workload and this process will take several months to realize fully. Nevertheless, we are actively reviewing files on an ongoing basis to ensure that priority be given to those clients whose files have been transferred from Buffalo and whose applications were submitted at an earlier date than those who have applied more recently to our Department. You can rest assured that we are making every effort to offer fair treatment to all our clients, on a first-come, first-served basis.
It also said on a positive note: That medicals would be extended to allow for the delay and gave some idea of expected times for my case. weeks to months.

So if that is typical for others then there is good news around the corner.

MM_Sask

malisa

May 15, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP=Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
9-06-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
3-08-2012
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Jan18, 2013 (45 days)
Passport Req..
Ppr, 28 sept 2013. in process...23 aug 2013, decision made 28 sept, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2013. PR card..Jan 2014.
Does the UCI is same for me and my husband, or i should leave blank for my spouse application for open work permit.

KY2CA

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 27 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 20 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 22 2013
Is the PR quota for 2012 complete? I am waiting for almost 12 months since the medicals were done. No update from CPP-O

also, I read this Operational Bulletin 481 - November 21, 2012

Pilot Project to Print Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Documents and Permanent Resident Visa Counterfoils by the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (CPP-O)

is this good news? Does that mean folks outside Canada dont have to undergo the passport request and simply do the landing based on the COPR sent by Ottawa.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
KY2CA said:
Is the PR quota for 2012 complete? I am waiting for almost 12 months since the medicals were done. No update from CPP-O

also, I read this Operational Bulletin 481 - November 21, 2012

Pilot Project to Print Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Documents and Permanent Resident Visa Counterfoils by the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (CPP-O)

is this good news? Does that mean folks outside Canada dont have to undergo the passport request and simply do the landing based on the COPR sent by Ottawa.

Where did you find this?

KY2CA

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 27 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 20 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 22 2013
Please refer the CIC website for 481 operational bulletin.

Is this good news for folks residing in US? Does that mean no more need to visit VO with passport request?

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
hello guys, I need help with some questions. My timeline is on the left under m profile.

First of all, are there people in this forum applying from the USA that have the work permit or visa expiring soon, and still have not heard anything from CIC?

I live and work in the US on work permit and it is about to expired in January and i have not heard anything from CIC on my application yet. Please, advise me what i can do because the work permit i have is not renewable, actually its an OPT (Optional Practical Training) which you received after graduation.
I have written several messages to CIC, but it seems like they are not even checking them. No response.

My question here is, has anybody been in the same situation, or heard of anybody in the same situation that was able to resolve the issue with CIC, and How? Please, i seek desperate answer.
Thanks

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hi Guys,
My application status has been changed to "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. " I have already submitted my passport to Detroit consulate a week ago based on their request, does it mean that they issued the visa and documents they were asking (RPRF, photos etc) have been received by them and they are satisfied with it? How long will it take for them to send the passport back, please note that I had enclosed Xpress post envelop with the packet?

Regards,
Canadabie.