+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Couple in danger, looking for private sponsor

Couple1985

May 28, 2019
Serbia
Category........
Hi, we are one couple hiding from Kosovo authorities for our political views. Right now we live on small city in Serbia. Want to know how to find someone who can help us:( with private sponsorship refugees?!
More information at: agronreal@hotmil.com

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, we are one couple hiding from Kosovo authorities for our political views. Right now we live on small city in Serbia. Want to know how to find someone who can help us:( with private sponsorship refugees?!
More information at: agronreal@hotmil.com
Unfortunately there are no private sponsors here.

You can try reaching out to organizations on the Sponsorship Agreement Holder list on this site. Note that many / most of these organizations are no longer accepting new sponsorship agreements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada/private-sponsorship-program/agreement-holders/holders-list.html

If you have family or friends in Canada, you can also see if they can get a group of people together for the Group of 5 sponsorship process. However to qualify for this process, you would first need to be officially recognized as refugees by UNHCR - which requires you to leave Serbia and move to another country. You cannot be recognize as a refugee from within your home country.

Reactions: Couple1985

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018

You can try reaching out to organizations on the Sponsorship Agreement Holder list on this site. Note that many / most of these organizations are no longer accepting new sponsorship agreements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada/private-sponsorship-program/agreement-holders/holders-list.html

If you have family or friends in Canada, you can also see if they can get a group of people together for the Group of 5 sponsorship process. However to qualify for this process, you would first need to be officially recognized as refugees by UNHCR - which requires you to leave Serbia and move to another country. You cannot be recognize as a refugee from within your home country.
OP is not from Serbia, they are Kosovan and living in a small city in Serbia.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Out of curiosity and no judging intended, unless you have a family member or a friend in Canada, what makes you wanna cross halfway the planet to seek asylum in Canada while Serbia is surrounded by multiple EU states where you can seek asylum there? I understand the ethnic/geopolitical/religious complications of the Balkan states as a whole, just trying to point out that nowhere else in the world has options for genuine refugees as in continental Europe. Good luck to you.

Couple1985

May 28, 2019
Serbia
Category........
Out of curiosity and no judging intended, unless you have a family member or a friend in Canada, what makes you wanna cross halfway the planet to seek asylum in Canada while Serbia is surrounded by multiple EU states where you can seek asylum there? I understand the ethnic/geopolitical/religious complications of the Balkan states as a whole, just trying to point out that nowhere else in the world has options for genuine refugees as in continental Europe. Good luck to you.
Yes of course thet EU countries can offer asylum protection, but we need to go so far as possible because we have fear that some paid terrorists can find us and kill.
So for that reason need to go so far as possible.
Thanks

Couple1985

May 28, 2019
Serbia
Category........

Yes I know that list, but always they say sorry we don’t have place for this year. So they push to move illegal way, beacuse my hopes for Canada private sponsor is so low.!! Do you know anything address or something that I can contact!! Who really help with sponsor, not like SAH holders!!!
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes I know that list, but always they say sorry we don’t have place for this year. So they push to move illegal way, beacuse my hopes for Canada private sponsor is so low.!! Do you know anything address or something that I can contact!! Who really help with sponsor, not like SAH holders!!!
Thanks
Have you been officially recognized as a refugee by UNHCR?

Couple1985

May 28, 2019
Serbia
Category........
Have you been officially recognized as a refugee by UNHCR?
No, because I don’t think the keep secret my informations, if I go through them will take years to move in Canada. But I need something fast, we are in very difficult situation!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No, because I don’t think the keep secret my informations, if I go through them will take years to move in Canada. But I need something fast, we are in very difficult situation!!!
In that case your only option is to get a TRV (tourist visa) for Canada, travel to Canada and then claim asylum once you are here. A TRV is something you must apply for yourself. None of us here can help you with that - you have to qualify on your own. This is the only option.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Private sponsorship can takes years to arrange and qualify for it isn’t a fast process plus you’d need to be officially recognized as a refugee. Other European countries will likely be a better options if you need to try something quickly. Without being employed and living in a 3rd country you will have a hard time getting a TRV but you should try.