+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
I am in Canada, My family in India. Our COPR expired in Jul 2020, Opened multiple request with Ready to Travel. But no update yet.
last week i called IRCC, they said my medical extended till May 2021, but my families one only upto Nov 2020. so i dont know when will i receive AL or i also will get re-medical. This is frustrating. staying alone is horrible

Reactions: kabzik

chintanapatel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
There is no source for this info, but can be evidently noticed with the trend of applicants receiving re-medicals requests last week.

So, you can say, anybody whose medicals are expired, if you add additional "6 months" to it and if still it doesn't cross today's date, then most likely you'll 100% receive the re-medicals request.

This is what have been noticed, and basis this people have received re-medicals request or will receive it soon.
Hi, Nitin. Please check your inbox. Thank you.

nikivin

May 10, 2019
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey folks, I'm an in Canada applicant. I just finished my virtual landing over a call. The officer said I should be receiving an email with further instructions within this week. How long does it actually take to receive the email?

iamr12

Jul 25, 2019
Hello -

How long did it take for you to get the AL from the date you resigned? I find it quite risky to resign from my job without knowing how long the whole process would take - considering i might have to redo my medicals as they expire soon.. it is a bit confusing in terms of time-frame. I understand it is a waiting game but risking not having a monthly income these days is also tough! Good luck to all.
I am yet to receive AL. My profile is just updated with new counterfoil details.

Vivi8524

Oct 26, 2020
Hi all,

My CoPR and my wife's COPR were approved on March 20th, 2020 and we have raised multiple webforms. Is there anyone whose CoPR got approved after March 18th, 2020 and able to see a progress? Please help. We got a response saying the documents have been verified and sent to the the responsible office. Is that a positive response? Also, can someone explain the 4 point mail which you are receiving?

Thanks.

Last edited:

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
I’m glad.! Forgot to mention you have to pay to aramex for the courier charges of your passports return(from Abu Dhabi embassy to your home) it comes around 65AED or something. (Dubai to visa office courier fee depends on how many passports you are submitting). Make sure you put that return slip also along with your passports.
also ask your studio to stamp with each and every photo and write your name and DOB and the date of which the photos were clicked ( it shouldn’t be more than 6 months old) too.
Of course, thanks again!

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Exactly. This is very upsetting. In this case though I replied back on the four point mail back on 8th October I will not be eligible as my 6 month auto extension on IME will expire on 1st November which is just a week away. I still have no reply on my four point mail response even though I have the option of employment as soon as I reach Canada.
to all those who are upset with Re-Medicals. Think a little outside your comfort zone - Canada wants to make sure that newcomers are healthy and will not be a burden once they land - in the current pandemic situation every healthcare worker, every hospital bed is precious.

Reactions: Nimz10 and crackMBA

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hey folks, I'm an in Canada applicant. I just finished my virtual landing over a call. The officer said I should be receiving an email with further instructions within this week. How long does it actually take to receive the email?
I received it exactly 45 minutes after the call

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
COPR/PPR/PRTD in Ukraine - I'm looking to connect with others from Ukraine who is waiting for Kiev to process CoPR/PPR/PRTD. Thanks

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
to all those who are upset with Re-Medicals. Think a little outside your comfort zone - Canada wants to make sure that newcomers are healthy and will not be a burden once they land - in the current pandemic situation every healthcare worker, every hospital bed is precious.
You are right my friend but remeds for granting ALs do not make sense when people are willing to book flight and travel as soon as AL is approved. They have already extended meds for 6 months so for ALs they can go for additional one more month.

Yes, without a doubt remeds should be encouraged if new CoPRs and PRVs are issued with one year validity. This is worth for money, effort and risk involved in visiting the hospital for doing remeds in this CoVID19 times.

Anyways if IRCC asks for remeds then what other choice we have :/

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hi! How did you get a landing telephone interview? What did you do to get an appointment? And when did you get your copr and the expiration? Sorry i have a lot of questions. I am also inland and not yet landed, my family is outside canada. Been sending webform since april asking for my copr to be validated but with no luck

dynamano

Oct 26, 2020
Hi! How did you get a landing telephone interview? What did you do to get an appointment? And when did you get your copr and the expiration? Sorry i have a lot of questions. I am also inland and not yet landed, my family is outside canada. Been sending webform since april asking for my copr to be validated but with no luck
To further this question, if you're already in Canada on a TRV but the application is being processed outside of Canada, can you still get the virtual landing or telephone interview? Wondering how on earth to land again without leaving Canada and thus needing to quarantine for 14 days upon returning. Is flagpoling the only option? or can you organise a visit to a VO or ircc branch in Canada?