+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I saw few movements in my profile but no remedial request :(
I see everything except new CoPR in my CIC account. Also received 2 ghost updates last week. What if they are waiting for this auto extension period of 6 months to expire and then come with some email regarding remeds. meh! Well then lets visit the hospital in this Corona period to do the remeds. Bring it on!

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
But last time they gave appointment on the basis of their medical request.Have you come across someone who was able to take the without any letter.
Varies from one medical centre to another. In New Delhi, Max Health Centre never ask for any invite letter and you can easily get upfront medicals. However, in Mumbai, Leelavati hopsital do ask for request letter in order to proceed with medical request.

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
Date of your visit to Medical Centre - Is your Medical Start Date
One Year from the date of your visit to Medical Centre - Is your Medical Expiry Date

Add 6 months to your Medical expiry date, that gives you extended date of your medicals.
I had my medicals done last week of May'19. However, I was informed by the IRCC agent that my medicals have been extended till 31st Oct' 20. I got this information in July' 20. Are there are chances of being extended till Nov?

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Crystal clear now. Thanks for the help!
I’m glad.! Forgot to mention you have to pay to aramex for the courier charges of your passports return(from Abu Dhabi embassy to your home) it comes around 65AED or something. (Dubai to visa office courier fee depends on how many passports you are submitting). Make sure you put that return slip also along with your passports.
also ask your studio to stamp with each and every photo and write your name and DOB and the date of which the photos were clicked ( it shouldn’t be more than 6 months old) too.

Reactions: dn3

Canigo

Aug 4, 2020
Hello guys,

Just checked my profile. I got an updated(done today) counterfoil number with validity till 30th November. Haven't received any email with AL though.

I had sent only 2 webforms one in May and one in July, not with any detailed plan, just mentioning I am ready to travel.

I had received 4 pointer email on 29th September. Replied on 6th October.

My original counterfoil had expired in July,2020.

In my settlement plan, I mentioned my accommodation with a friend with proof and also flight tickets and airbnb both of which I had to cancel but I booked refundable ones so no issues.

Other details:

Individual candidate
No job offer
NDVO
One ghost update last week and after that change in the latest update section from last 4 days-from medicals to final decision.

Last edited:

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hello guys,

Just checked my profile. I got an updated(done today) counterfoil number with validity till 30th November. Haven't received any email with AL though.

I had sent only 2 webforms one in May and one in July, not with any detailed plan, just mentioning I am ready to travel.

I had received 4 pointer email on 29th September. Replied on 6th October.

My original counterfoil had expired in July,2020.

In my settlement plan, I mentioned my accommodation with a friend with proof and also flight tickets and airbnb both of which I had to cancel but I booked refundable ones so no issues.

Other details:

Individual candidate
No job offer
NDVO
One ghost update last week and after that change in the latest update section from last 4 days-from medicals to final decision.
Good news. Congratulations. Hope you get that letter really soon. I think NDVO will roll them out in bulk like they always do.
When did your CoPR and medicals expire?
What date you received ghost update?
Thanks.

Canigo

Aug 4, 2020
Good news. Congratulations. Hope you get that letter really soon. I think NDVO will roll them out in bulk like they always do.
When did your CoPR and medicals expire?
What date you received ghost update?
Thanks.
COPR expired July 17th.
Medicals expired August.
Ghost Update on 21 October, Wednesday.

Bina5

Dec 21, 2019
Hi All,
My COPR has expired in March.I am unable to travel currently from USA due to visa issues. Are there anyone is who is not sure when they will be able to travel again and if we are not able to travel this year will it be impacting to us?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thanks.

I visited on Jun 13th, 2019. It got updated as passed on August 19th, 2019.
Your medicals got expired on Jun 13th 2020 and you probably got auto extension of additional 6 months from Jun 13th 2020 (actual medical expiry date). Thats why you got AL without remeds as your medicals are still valid.

Congrats for your new CoPR! Wait for actual AL to come over the email which might take 2-3 days (Do check your spam folder and CIC account). Best of luck.