+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copr after March 2020 ( spouce sponsor)

wishfullman

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Hi
I sponsored my wife and she got copr 4 months ago (oct 2020).
I went to visit back home and now i will return to canada with my wife.

Can my wife enter canada or do the travel restrictions prohibit her?

JC000

Dec 23, 2019
Peru
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
09 Oct, 2019
Med's Request
20 Jun, 2020
Med's Done....
08 Jul, 2020
Passport Req..
15 Dec, 2020
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan, 2021
LANDED..........
30 Jan, 2021
She can still come if her COPR is valid, but starting Feb 3, 2021, they are going to be tightening Covid-preventive measures.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2021/01/government-of-canada-introduces-further-restrictions-on-international-travel.html

So, assuming she lands after these new measures are established, not only will she have to get a negative Covid test before boarding her flight, she will have to reserve a room in a hotel approved by the government and take a Covid test. Trudeau said that this might cost $2000, but details are still up in the air.

Reactions: wishfullman

wishfullman

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
She can still come if her COPR is valid, but starting Feb 3, 2021, they are going to be tightening Covid-preventive measures.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2021/01/government-of-canada-introduces-further-restrictions-on-international-travel.html

So, assuming she lands after these new measures are established, not only will she have to get a negative Covid test before boarding her flight, she will have to reserve a room in a hotel approved by the government and take a Covid test. Trudeau said that this might cost $2000, but details are still up in the air.
thank you guys for the responce.

Does she need anything else to enter other than her COPR and passport with visa stamp?
does she need authorization or something like that?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Does she need anything else to enter other than her COPR and passport with visa stamp?
Proof of immediate family relatonship (ie marriage certificate). Best to check with the airline what is needed.

There is also the covid test (new requirement), and quarantine arrangements (seems paid in advance, but govt information not yet published).

There is an arrivecan app, also look into that.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

Just to clarify, the date for the new quarantine restrictions at a hotel are not in effect on Feb 03, they haven't yet announced an effective date for that.

JC000

Dec 23, 2019
Peru
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
09 Oct, 2019
Med's Request
20 Jun, 2020
Med's Done....
08 Jul, 2020
Passport Req..
15 Dec, 2020
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan, 2021
LANDED..........
30 Jan, 2021

What I brought with me when I landed:
  • Passport with visa
  • COPR
  • Negative Covid test (less than 72 hours old from boarding the plane)
  • ArriveCAN app with all the details filled in (name, date of birth, flight number, where's the traveller going to quarantine at, etc)
  • Marriage certificate
I didn't need to show my marriage certificate, but it's not a bad idea to bring it. And it's always a good idea to check with whatever airline she's flying with, like @armoured said.

@wishfullman just to let you know, if you're coming to Canada from another country with your wife, you also need to show a negative Covid test and use the ArriveCAN app.

Reactions: wishfullman

wishfullman

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Thankyou JC

Do my wife need to show proof of funds at the border like regular landed immigrants (skilled workers?