Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: A MASTER THREAD of some of my posts here >>>

qorax said:
PR Cards Arrival

Just for info... Our PR Cards arrived on Friday (25-6-2010), 43rd day of landing. All came together (Self, Spouse & 2 kids').

Qorax
Congrates Qorax,

its starts of new life there.
i seen one post in this fourm but dont remmber name.he got PR Card in 13 days time

Regards,

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010

I am a doctor planning to immigrate to canada. I am planning to send my document to visa office. Read you post about doctor job in canada. This really saddened my mind. I comfirmed it by going through some of their website. Is canada really worth coming for doctors. How are doctors in canada managing to survive. Hope their dreams in life is not marred with delays and denials. How are they coping. Any hope of getting to US to work as a doctor.

What is canadian government doing to ensure doctors get job. why did they include doctor in the NOC when they know there is no space for them. Is it that people are not qualified or that their is really no spce. Are the canadian doctors bringing doctors to canada to spoil their lives. These are too many question they is killing my heart.

Anyway congrat for your PR card.

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

trust me qorax...i was cumulation ur legacy with me and was thinking of requesting u to post a master...thaks buddy

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010

Qorax please help

I am a doctor planning to immigrate to canada. I am planning to send my document to visa office. Read you post about doctor job in canada. This really saddened my mind. I comfirmed it by going through some of their website. Is canada really worth coming for doctors. How are doctors in canada managing to survive. Hope their dreams in life is not marred with delays and denials. How are they coping. Any hope of getting to US to work as a doctor.

What is canadian government doing to ensure doctors get job. why did they include doctor in the NOC when they know there is no space for them. Is it that people are not qualified or that their is really no spce. Are the canadian doctors bringing doctors to canada to spoil their lives. These are too many question they is killing my heart.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

TJ2010 said:
Qorax please help

Hi,

Unfortunately doctors r the worst affected lot in the Canadian PR process. No, u cannot work w/out being reTrained & Certified here. No, no, NO. And that'd take 4yrs+. And yet, there's an unsurity... Getting the residential pre-practice is quite a hassle. Many Sr. Resident Doctors, usually, do not support newcomer doctors on it.

While, not all get stagnated... Many get thru the system as well. But generally in 4-6yrs. Sometime more, till about 8-9yrs. Meanwhile only starter jobs, in unrelated field, could be your Survival Tactics. Getting something in a Clinic, as a Lab Assistant, or a Medical Record Keeper, or a Registeration Clerk etc. is the best u could do... Which r rare vacancies though.

Regretfully, if u r doing a good & profitable practice, or employed gainfully in your homeland, I wouldn't advice u to go thru the PR process. But, that's purely my opinion.

Good luck.
Qorax

ASMAFIR

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

qorax said:
No. They'd go by the package Receiving Date @ the CIO.

Regrets.
So what happens to my application now, do they encash the DD, or send it back as it is and in how many days,approx?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

ASMAFIR said:
So what happens to my application now, do they encash the DD, or send it back as it is and in how many days,approx?
Keep the faith & await their further info. As the system is just implemented, who knows, they might relent & accept it too, giving some cushion time, for the 1st timers. Pray for it.

However, if they do not accept your file, they'd not encash the draft too. And u'd get the full package returned in due course. How many days it'd take, is unsure.

Best of luck.

Qorax

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010

what is my chance of getting to US to do residency if one does USMLE there residency exam. I am on an online masters program in surgery what is my chance of getting an academic or research job with this.

what do you mean by retrain. Do I have to go through medical school again. What do you mean specifically by retraining.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

TJ2010 said:
what is my chance of getting to US to do residency if one does USMLE there residency exam. I am on an online masters program in surgery what is my chance of getting an academic or research job with this.

what do you mean by retrain. Do I have to go through medical school again. What do you mean specifically by retraining.
As of date foreign med quals, like MBBS, MD etc, r not recognized here. It's a highly regulated profession in Canada & one needs to be Canadian qualified. The path to get into a practice here is given at my Doctor's thread, which u have already read.

US is another ball game altogether. Given that u have a mode of entry there, u have a better & easier chance to get accepted in the US.

Munnimehek

May 4, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 2nd AOR : 17-02- 2010
File Transfer...
07-02-2010, In Process- :01-02-2011, after 1 yr. Update doc sent: 23-01-2012. Real IP: 13-04-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012 Med's send: 01-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012

Hi Qorax,

Wanted to join this thread & lastly found,,,,gr8t work.

monica2ca

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010

jazz2 said:
Good information!

This one should be a Sticky Topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over to you the Administrator:::
~ All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare. ~

Great work Qorax :=)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

Hi Qorax just a quick thought on your settlement process in Canada. How do u rate it....i mean job hunt housing etc...what did u find easy n tough...is Canada meeting ur expectation...i mean what u looked forward for....cheers....
Generally speaking, I'm having a Ball of a Time here.

1. Expectations? It exceeds... Though I've been to Canada before, but as a PR I'm viewing it in an all new perspective. Between u & me, Canada is a darn good place. There's just no problem anywhere, albeit nothing wrong with Canada per se, contrary to all the negative opinions posted on many sites... Problems, if any, lies within ourselves.

2. Settling Costs? I came from Dubai, which is another Godly place... But alas, the Citizenship! Which sure makes Canada quite lucrative for ppl like me. There r taxes here, things r pricier, but in comparison to my 12yrs in Dubai -there's not much difference in the settling down process. The additional costs here is just a 19:20, not overboard & definitely not a cause to worry.

3. House? There r many varieties of housing here. It depends on one's lifestyle & budget. But, rest assured no one's homeless here. From $650-1750/month u can rent a decent acccom for your family in Canada, any province. $650-750: 1BR basements... $1750: Indep Town House. And mind u, this figure I'm giving u for decent/good/family friendly neighborhoods, not shady ones.

4. Jobs? Any new land would pose problems on this front, won't it? As a newcomer no one knows u (especially no one knows your worth) so, it takes time. But, not a reason to worry. No newcomer remains jobless here beyond 3 months. The way to succeed on it is provided in my 'Jobs Thread'. Practically, I haven't met anyone who's in job trouble here. All folks known to me, & those landed from Dubai (who I know -we had a group) r all employed... Few in a month's time, while the delayed one in max 3 months. I'm gainfully employed too, though not for someone.

5. Weather/nature/environs? One word... Awesome! Period.

6. Humane/Friendliness? I've seen the world. I'd say, canadians r one of the most friendliest ppl in the Globe. I haven't met anyone here who has a distorted view of the ppl of the planet. Even the guy in the street would nod & smile at u, if not greet u outrightly. There's no problem of color, creed, faith, social-status here, at least not observed by me. Ppl r generally good & accommodating. Again, as I said before, if there's a contradiction, the problem lies in ME, not in OTHERS!

7. MY STATS:
-Got my full (G) Driving License in 23 days.
-SIN cards in 7 days.
-PR cards in 43 days.
-Bank A/c: TD Canada Trust.
-Cellphone: WIND Mobile ($45/month, unlimited I/c-O/g, there's a promotion).
-Cable/Sat: Bell Canada ($43/month, Asian Ch. Free, there's a promotion).
-Internet: Bell Canada (iPad Data Sim: $35/10Gb/month, there's a promotion).
-Newspaper: Toronto Star ($40/quarterly, there's a promotion).
-Car: Used Mercedes ML350 (2007 model, got a deal from a friend's referral).
-Residence: New 4BR Townhome, Mississauga ($1750/month).

I hope that suffices.

Regards,

Qorax

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Dear Qorax,

I am not sure about ur profession. But based on your experience of few months in canada can you through some lights on accountants and auditors if there is any.

Regards,

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008

Dear Qorax very informative and interesting thread from your side and you like a evry honest guy I am browsing through these threads every day but there is technical question and nobody is sure about it and I think it needs some research and about which I am sure that I cannot do it and dilemma is facing all of the applicants who applied to CIO in the month of June. The question is:
My application was received on the 21st of June by CIO but after I sent the application I realized that I made mistakes with the following

1. I wrote Islamabad instead of London in the specific visa office box which they had changed it recently in April but I never saw anything on their website about this change.

2. On my parents passport they do not have family names so only wrote the given names and left the family box empty "I should have wrote N/A".

3. On the dependent form I forgot to fill the "Eye Color" boxes blank.

4. In the Representative address column I left it blank instead I should have written "N/A".

These are the mistakes I made and probably they will return my application, if they return my application there can be two scenarios of their statements with the words (a) "Your application is rejected for the above mistakes" (b) "Your application is returned for the above mistakes and if want to resubmit the new application with corrections you can do it".
So what are my chances of the lock-in date with the CIO or it will be a fresh application after the June 26th changes.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

eemmoo1 said:
Dear Qorax,

I am not sure about ur profession. But based on your experience of few months in canada can you through some lights on accountants and auditors if there is any.

Regards,
tinuadeadebola said:
qorax

I think your first assignment when you land is to get an office and register an immgration consulting firm. you have indeed be a blessing to this forum please dont stop even after you land. please can you advise on choosing between writing ACCA or going for an MBA while one is waiting for a PR. Am kind of confused. i am an accountant from my country but hungry for am MBA haven worked for over ten years. But i also learnt that ACCA gives accountant edge in canada thus i dont know which to go for.

whichever one i am going to UK in september to do either. other seniors can also assist
thanks.
Tinu
qorax said:
Hi,

As I have replied to u eralier in the other thread, Finance & Accounts is another highly "regulated" profession in Canada. We need to do a 'Canadian' qual in this field to be acceptable in this profession. I'm not from this field, but have a general opinion though.

MBA-Finance is a good qual. In most places taken at par with CA, CMA etc. But, the ques here is that of a Canadian Qual & not of an International Qual. Unfortunately in Canada, only a "Canadian qual" will work in a 'regulated occupation', period.

So, it'd be wise that u try & gain such quals from a Canadian Univ. Not from another International Inst., be it in the UK, US or elsewhere. As I understand even an MBA-Fin from, say UBC, would work. And off course, like member 'Accounts' suggested, a GCA and/or CMA should work too, I guess.

Qorax
Hi Eemmoo,

I had replied to a similar query earlier, as quoted above. Now to further it, plz note that for an Accounts/Financial position here, u must get the above quals + a License, if u want to practice.

The process takes around 4+ yrs. With your previous overseas quals u'd get some leeway, as some papers would be waived. But, u'd still require around 3yrs of Canadian study. And thereafter, 1yr of practice under a Certified Accountant/firm to sit for the Licensing Exam. Once u obtain your license, u r permitted to practice/get an Accounting Job.

The path is hard & time consuming... But many newcomers have done that & r currently successful Accounts professionals here.

Best of luck!
Qorax