Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: A MASTER THREAD of some of my posts here >>>

Sat, Jan01 2011, 2:25:49 PM | The Canadian Press

One GTA winner for $50-million Lotto Max jackpot

What a way to ring in the New Year!
There is just one winning ticket for the $50 million New Year's Eve Lotto Max jackpot -- and it was sold in the Greater Toronto Area. Sarah Kiriliuk of Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. says since Lotto Max launched in 2009, it's the first time the $50 million has been won by a single ticket in Ontario. She says it's the sixth time a $50 million jackpot has been won by Lotto Max players across the country.

Kiriliuk says the jackpot winner should go to a retailer and validate the ticket or call OLG's customer service line, but she notes the prize centre is closed on Monday for the holidays.

There were also 21 MaxMillions up for grabs Friday night, and eight of the one-million-dollar prizes are being claimed. Three winning MaxMillions tickets were sold in Ontario, and three were purchased on the Prairies. Two MaxMillions prizes will be split by ticket holders in Ontario and B.C., with each of the four tickets worth $500,000.

The jackpot for the next Lotto Max draw on Jan. 7 will be an estimated $23 million. There is a winner's handbook the OLG provides that suggests winners find a financial manager to help them put their money in a safe spot, said Kiriliuk.

*Kurt and Claude Blanchette-Ebert, a gay couple from Vancouver, won the $50-million lottery jackpot from Oct. 29.
*Gerry Clement of Ottawa split the $50-million jackpot on Aug. 13 with a group of 10 people from Lac St. Jean, Que.
*Clarence and Delores Durocher of Saskatchewan won half of the $50 million Lotto Max jackpot on June 25.
*The other winning ticket was from Happy Valley Goose Bay, N.L.
*Last February, one ticket each in Quebec and B.C. split a $50-million Lotto Max draw.
*While Marie Fontaine of Pine Falls, Man., won the $50-million jackpot in November 2009.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Nice Snaps.... cool weather, I used to stay and already passed 8years in heavy snow area.
OMMkumar

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11

Dear qorax,

I want to know what is the advantage of Qubac immigration as compaired to FSW ? What is the benefits one get by selecting Qubac ?

Regards,
Mayank

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

hey qorax bro

thanksa a lot for evrything

see u in some weeks in toronto

wishing u a rocking 2011 ahead

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

Better Primary Education "India" or "Canada"?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/better-primary-education-india-or-canada-t60925.0.html

ARYAN99 said:
Yes. I think you also referring the same news which I also read in newspaper where children in US/Canada are too much into drugs and all and forcing old parents to old age homes which is something never part of Indian culture.
QUESTION: Better Primary Education "India" or "Canada"?
ANSWER: One word -- "Canada"!

Why?
Most guys tend to forget [along the long gestated PR path] the core issue of moving here [or wanting to]... towards the western hemisphere... 1)Better Education, 2)Better Family-Lifestyle, 3)Better Living standards, 4)Better Housing Conditions, 5)Modern Way of Socio-Cultural Enhancement, 6)Lack of Pollution, 7)Better Social Security, 8)Good Old-Age Pension/Care, 9)Stability of Life, 10)Better Healthcare... etc. (I could go on) If it weren't so, we wouldn't be applying for this PR in the first instance itself, would we? We did... but along the way, mostly when we achieved it, we tend to loose sight & get distracted with trivia.

Now, do u think all these were possible if the Edn System of Canada was flawed? Or, if there were discrepancies in its social thinking? Or, if the Canadian society had a cultural dimentia? No. The Edn System here is perfectly fine... the socio-cultural life is smooth & well balanced... the Governance/Public Administration is going head-on, strong & forward-thinking.

Do u think Canadian educated children aren't successful in the Society, or in the Economic Stratum? Aren't they becoming Doctors, Engineers, Accountants, Lawyers, Aviators, Enterpreuners & successful Businessmen? Yes, they very much r. So, where's the doubt about the Edn System here?

This thread unnecessarily went into the anguish of Education Vs. Indian (or overseas) Culture. What Leon said perfectly makes sense...

Leon said:
Personally, I think they have to make up their minds on where they want to live and raise their children. If you choose to leave your homeland and live in another country, your childrens upbringing will happen in the new country and of course that will affect their views and culture. Your children will not grow up like you did and their reality will be different. If you don't like western culture for yourself or for your children, then why live in a western country?
We have to know/decide what we want. We have to look at ourselves in retrospect. If we chose immigration to settle ourselves better [in life] - then the factual position is what Leon stated. Our kids being educated here will have an edge. And probably that's why we chose to migrate to Canada too. To see them succeed. What good it'd do to my kids if I send them back to my homeland to educate - and when they return - they start afresh as an immigrant?

The essence of being Canadian is to "become a Canadian". And if I chose to migrate - I might as well embrace all its dimentions (good & bad included). Though there's nothing 'bad' -- it's just a matter of 'outlook'. While in Asia (or for that matter anywhere else) - we'd have our own traditions, cultures & behavioral aspects -- ditto in Canada... it has it's own civil rules... that is suited to its dwelling -- nothing bad about it - just that it'd be different! And if we have to live here - we might as well 'accept' that difference... better still - 'observe' them to their fullest!

So, where is the problem?
It is in our mind/s. We want to be here - but we do not want to follow its traditions, rules, ethics, cultural aspects, beliefs et all. And would want our kids to observe our own system of education/social-path instead... but they also must reside here... and be successful at that. How, brothers? How could that be possible? Won't there be a mis-match? Wouldn't our children then end-up as misfits here? And who'd then be to blame - except ourselves?

And mind u -- this is what hapenning with many families here... they just do not know where they r going! We will thus find many Indians, Filipinos, Malaysians, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshis etc. But they'd be just that -- Not Canadians! (I wrote those nationalities at random -- nothing specific here -- it's the view which was to be portrayed) And they'd loose in the battle. They r lost! Neither this way - nor that way! And aren't successful as well!

Thus, keeping our kids here - but not permitting them to be educated in the Canadian ways & not enabling them to merge with the other Canadian kids - will be a disaster! For them! We would thus forcibly create a diaspora of 'foreigners' in Canada who r not Canadians... And that'd be dangerous for their development & success here! DANGER.

No one said that we shouldn't maintain our "Indian-ness" (or any 'ness' from wherever we belong). In fact we should maintain our "roots" & 'nourish' them too. B'coz it's our 'roots' which will keep us 'strong' and our 'faith' (however individual it is) will keep us 'level-headed' - keep us going. But, that should go hand-in-hand with our "Canadian-ness" - else, we r bound to be 'alienated' !!! And aliens don't/won't succeed, that much, as the natives, do they? Unless some drastic measures were taken - by the society at large!

So, Better Primary Education - "India" or "Canada"?
One word -- "Canada" !
Lest we shouldn't migrate...

Qorax

chandi2564

Star Member
Oct 14, 2008
colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/01/2010
Doc's Request.
09/07/2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
IELTS Request
sent with full docs in 09/07/2010
Med's Request
12/01/2012
Med's Done....
29/01/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
30/04/2012
LANDED..........

Thus, keeping our kids here - but not permitting them to be educated in the Canadian ways & not enabling them to merge with the other Canadian kids - will be a disaster! For them! We would thus forcibly create a diaspora of 'foreigners' in Canada who r not Canadians... And that'd be dangerous for their development & success here! DANGER.

i agree with you sir,,,,

GreenLeaf

Dec 12, 2010

Qorax Sir,

Thanks for your openion.. Great!!!!!!!!!

Green

immigration1

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo USA
NOC Code......
0811 - Primary Production Managers (Except Agriculture)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2nd AOR "In-process"
IELTS Request
Sent CIO - CHC VO
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no

Hey qorax,
can I use my gold as POF?
I already submited my full docs and my e-case is in - process.
I have enough money in USD checking account but I can use if I want to invest somewher some money.
my I will bring cash some with me but rest part I can show gold bars with ownership certificates as POF and even as POF when I land in canada.
I can manage cash 60% and 40% is Gold. even I have option 60% to 70% gold and rest of Cash.
I have my uncle's and aunties cousins are in canada even lots of friends society people from India. so, initialy 2 to 3 months we are staying with my uncle if I get job somewhere long distance from my uncle home then we move, or if near to uncle home then we are staying with him for may be some years that I dont know. but I dont have stay problem in canada.

I know one post somewhere I guess you also have some gold and you also saw it as POF!!! sorry but I dont know where or in which post you mentioned...

please reply here or on my post : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gold-as-pof-i-have-certificate-when-i-purchased-online-t60967.0.html
Thanks,
Prashant Desai.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

immigration1 said:
Hey qorax,
can I use my gold as POF?
I already submited my full docs and my e-case is in - process.
I have enough money in USD checking account but I can use if I want to invest somewher some money.
my I will bring cash some with me but rest part I can show gold bars with ownership certificates as POF and even as POF when I land in canada.
I can manage cash 60% and 40% is Gold. even I have option 60% to 70% gold and rest of Cash.
I have my uncle's and aunties cousins are in canada even lots of friends society people from India. so, initialy 2 to 3 months we are staying with my uncle if I get job somewhere long distance from my uncle home then we move, or if near to uncle home then we are staying with him for may be some years that I dont know. but I dont have stay problem in canada.

I know one post somewhere I guess you also have some gold and you also saw it as POF!!! sorry but I dont know where or in which post you mentioned...

please reply here or on my post : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gold-as-pof-i-have-certificate-when-i-purchased-online-t60967.0.html
Thanks,
Prashant Desai.
I guess with this "POF" u r actually referring to the "Landing Funds". If that's so -- No, u cannot place the valuation report of Gold & Jewellry against your available funds for settlement in Canada.

Qorax

singh092120

Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
9-Feb-2010
Nomination.....
26-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
6-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Allready done
File Transfer...
17-Feb-2010
Med's Request
20-jan-11, Received 27-1-11
Med's Done....
31 Jan. 11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
On 25/03/2011

Sir, I agree with the above view. If we are so much worried to adapataion of our children to Canadian ways and lifestyle, they we shpuld't even think of migrating to that part of the world. Then its no fun to leave your well settled lives in your native countries and starting your life afresh. Better be ready that our children will be Canadians by disciplne and hardwork, Indian by having strong beleif in relations and family system.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

singh092120 said:

Sir, I agree with the above view. If we are so much worried to adapataion of our children to Canadian ways and lifestyle, they we shpuld't even think of migrating to that part of the world. Then its no fun to leave your well settled lives in your native countries and starting your life afresh. Better be ready that our children will be Canadians by disciplne and hardwork, Indian by having strong beleif in relations and family system.
I second you.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11

Dear qorax,

I want to know what is the advantage of Qubac immigration as compaired to FSW ? What is the benefits one get by selecting Qubac ?

Regards,
Mayank

hirkshah

Jul 13, 2010
Ahmedbad India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 04, 2010
File Transfer...
March 06, 2012
Med's Request
July 09, 2013
Med's Done....
July 31, 2013
Passport Req..
July 09, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 08, 2013

Dear qorax,

Thank you for replying to my query related to mobile phone usage and laptop.......we will plan the things as u have suggested....

You might have observed recently that some of the applicants are getting different file number during the second AOR from their VO which starts with "Exxxxxxxx" and some of the applicants do not get the new number...they have same old number which starts with "Bxxxxx"......though their applications dates are very close.........

Do you know what is the process involved here.? why some people received new number and some not.....like in my case, i have not received any new number and i have observed that most of the applicants who has received new number starting from "Exxx" can check their status on CIC site.....

Could you please provide more insight on this so that we can be prepared to face any different timelines than others..........I wish that it will not be the case......fingures crossed.....

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

mayankpandya said:
Dear qorax,

Regards,
Mayank
There's no specific advantage at QSW, vis-a-vis FSW. Just that it's another way of applying/migrating when the MI List & Cap bothers u. And if one has the proficiency in French, s/he might take this route.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

hirkshah said:
Dear qorax,

Thank you for replying to my query related to mobile phone usage and laptop.......we will plan the things as u have suggested....

You might have observed recently that some of the applicants are getting different file number during the second AOR from their VO which starts with "Exxxxxxxx" and some of the applicants do not get the new number...they have same old number which starts with "Bxxxxx"......though their applications dates are very close.........

Do you know what is the process involved here.? why some people received new number and some not.....like in my case, i have not received any new number and i have observed that most of the applicants who has received new number starting from "Exxx" can check their status on CIC site.....

Could you please provide more insight on this so that we can be prepared to face any different timelines than others..........I wish that it will not be the case......fingures crossed.....
I think I have written about it already somewhere...

The "E" No. is a new process, which came into effect post-Jun26 (noticed since Sep-Oct2010) - that is in furtherence to the "PER system", which replaced the 1st AOR. This also replaces the previous system of 2nd AOR containing another (or the same) "B" No.

Why some get it & others do not?
Basically being a new system there's no sure-shot feedback on it yet. However, IMHO I think this has to do with the VOs. Some have organized themselves already - while some r yet establishing the system, in tandem with GCMS. On ground, it doesn't matter to us whether we get the "E" or the "B" No.

Qorax