+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consultant Plagiarized letter of invitation

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
I applied for visitor visa for my fiancé 6 months back myself using the online portal. Just to make sure I didn't miss anything I took application review consultation from a registered IRCC consultant to review my fiancés visa application. For this, he required me to send all my fiancés documents to him which included my letter of invitation as well. The consultant reviewed the already sent application and just confirmed that all documents are there in the application. My fiancé got her approval and the consultant did not have any role to play in this.

Fast forward to this month, my friend consulted the same consultant for his fiancés visitor visa and got a rejection with a generic reason. The consultant then advised my friend that they should re-submit and my friend got a second rejection. My friend then asked the consultant for all documents that the consultant submitted on his behalf. I reviewed these documents with my friend today and we found out that the consultant plagiarized my 'letter of invitation' almost word for word with maybe the addition/deletion of two or three sentences. Is it possible that my friends fiancés visa could have been refused because of this? Also, since the consultant misused the documents I sent him, is this a cause of concern? I sent him all documents including passport, proof of funds, letter of invitation 6 months back. Since he plagiarized the invitation letter, who's to say he might not also be doing document fraud ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for visitor visa for my fiancé 6 months back myself using the online portal. Just to make sure I didn't miss anything I took application review consultation from a registered IRCC consultant to review my fiancés visa application. For this, he required me to send all my fiancés documents to him which included my letter of invitation as well. The consultant reviewed the already sent application and just confirmed that all documents are there in the application. My fiancé got her approval and the consultant did not have any role to play in this.

Fast forward to this month, my friend consulted the same consultant for his fiancés visitor visa and got a rejection with a generic reason. The consultant then advised my friend that they should re-submit and my friend got a second rejection. My friend then asked the consultant for all documents that the consultant submitted on his behalf. I reviewed these documents with my friend today and we found out that the consultant plagiarized my 'letter of invitation' almost word for word with maybe the addition/deletion of two or three sentences. Is it possible that my friends fiancés visa could have been refused because of this? Also, since the consultant misused the documents I sent him, is this a cause of concern? I sent him all documents including passport, proof of funds, letter of invitation 6 months back. Since he plagiarized the invitation letter, who's to say he might not also be doing document fraud ?
What were reasons for refusal? You need to prove document fraud which is submitting fake documents. Letter of invitation are more or less the same. Go online and see all the letters.

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
The reason for refusal was 'No significant family ties outside Canada', for my friend's fiancés application the documents that were submitted were all his. I do understand that the invitation letters are more or less the same, but this one seems to be word for word copied for 95 percent that concerns me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The reason for refusal was 'No significant family ties outside Canada', for my friend's fiancés application the documents that were submitted were all his. I do understand that the invitation letters are more or less the same, but this one seems to be word for word copied for 95 percent that concerns me.
Talk to your consultant. It is not an official document like a bank statement so if you feel strongly then report consultant to IRCC. You will want to provide proof of fraudulent behaviour.