+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consultant not providing details

kumaramit123

Nov 17, 2023
I have Canada PR and applied for my wife through Spousal sponsorship PR in march with the help of consultant. Her medical and biometrics are complete.
She is in India. Consultant shared the pre-arrival letter also.But after that we didnt get any information from him. It's been more than two months and we dont have any information.
As he used his contact details like emailid and mobile number while filling the application form. so, we cant even track/check anything. Tried to reach him and his office..no response.
Please suggest what should we do ? we were so close to get PR letter but all seems not good now.
Can we apply for new application (but we are not sure about earlier file) ? if we apply for new file can we use the same biometric and medical ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have Canada PR and applied for my wife through Spousal sponsorship PR in march with the help of consultant. Her medical and biometrics are complete.
She is in India. Consultant shared the pre-arrival letter also.But after that we didnt get any information from him. It's been more than two months and we dont have any information.
As he used his contact details like emailid and mobile number while filling the application form. so, we cant even track/check anything. Tried to reach him and his office..no response.
Please suggest what should we do ? we were so close to get PR letter but all seems not good now.
Can we apply for new application (but we are not sure about earlier file) ? if we apply for new file can we use the same biometric and medical ?
You can cancel representative instead of submitting another application. they will continue with the first application unless you specific withdraw first application

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/change-cancel.html

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
It's hard if you don't trust the person who is representing you.
But it's normal to not hear anything from IRCC for just 2 months.
You may want to join the March 2023 outland discussion and see what other people is going through and their timeline.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
- As others have said, you can remove the representative.
- It is very normal to receive the pre-arrival letter early. This doesn't mean that IRCC has finished processing the application or that PR has been approved. Many people wait months after pre-arrival for passport request.
- It does not make sense to submit a new application. You will be restarting the process from scratch and you also cannot have two applications in progress at the same time. You would have to cancel your current one first.

Reactions: YVR123

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
There is very little need for a respresentative for your application at this stage. If you have Pre arrival that means sponsor approval and pa eligibility, medical and bio is done. The background checks are Probably under process for the pa. This stage takes some time and it requires no Input usually from the applicants end.

if you feel like your representative is being vague or unresponsive it would be better to take over the account yourself, rather than cancelling your application.

kumaramit123

Nov 17, 2023
Thanks everyone for the advices. Please answer below questions :
- how can we cancel the application as we don't have details to login and cancel ? please share the procedure.
- as my wife is working in MNC in India, is it possible if her company to initiate the work visa process ? can we use the same medical & biometric for that ?
is it possible to have work visa application in process along with this status unknown PR application
- even if it takes time to get the passport request later, but the consultant is not responding to our mails/calls. We are so worried. if we initiate again , it will take one more year.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
- how can we cancel the application as we don't have details to login and cancel ? please share the procedure.
- as my wife is working in MNC in India, is it possible if her company to initiate the work visa process ? can we use the same medical & biometric for that ?
is it possible to have work visa application in process along with this status unknown PR application
- even if it takes time to get the passport request later, but the consultant is not responding to our mails/calls. We are so worried. if we initiate again , it will take one more year.
I think you're overreacting. Change the representative from the third party to yourself. Search for change representative or appoint a new representative. Then find out what is happening.

Do not cancel and start again. Chill.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't understand why you would cancel the application. This seems like a very extreme and unnecessary decision. It frankly makes no sense. Right how your application processing looks normal. Why cancel now and waste all of that time? Just remove the representative so that you have control over the application. The link for doing this was provided to you earlier. And yes, if you cancel and reapply, you are restarting the process from scratch and the processing time will restart too. It really makes no sense to cancel the application.

If your wife wants to come through her company on a work permit, her company needs to be willing to go through the ICT work permit process to relocate her to a job in Canada and your wife must also have a qualifying occupation. She will need to speak to her company about this to see if they are willing to do this or not. Note that this process will take months (assuming the company is willing to do it and your wife qualifies) and there isn't a guarantee of approval. It makes a lot more sense to keep the spousal sponsorship application in play and not cancel.