+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consultant for Canada visa or Self apply

deepakrai

Aug 31, 2017
Dear Group Members,

Can you please advice me if it is advisable to apply for Canada visa via a consultant or should apply myself.

As of now I am planning to peruse with y-axis.

However your valuable opinion would be appreciated.

Regards,
Raid

sat8979

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Apply yourself. Seek your help in this forum - trust me you will find all the information you need in this forum.

Give the money you save to the poor. :)

Reactions: lino82

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
There are two stages in EE & consultants can only tell you what all to be done and everything need to be done by urself (except 30-40 minutes of data upload for profile creation & 1-2 hrs for application)...many a times they can't give u as much info as you may find here...some even misguide out of ignorance
---
first refer the sticky threads here...then search forum with the following keywords
---
Experience letter
Work experience
Reference letter from supervisor
Proof of funds
Gift deed for proof of funds
Rejection reasons
Police clearance certificates
PCC
once you go through these (take few days or even couple of weeks )start asking questions on the forum...by then you'll already be having a fair understanding to manage it on ur own& others will guide if you are stuck..and do with ur saving as @sat8979 suggested :)

deepakrai

Aug 31, 2017
Thanka group mate's, i have got my ielts results it's overall band score 7.5

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 7
Speaking: 7

Please suggest...

Regards,
Raid

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Thanka group mate's, i have got my ielts results it's overall band score 7.5

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 7
Speaking: 7

Please suggest...

Regards,
Raid
Hiring a consultant will not increase your chances to obtain PR. He/she will guide you through the process and eventually save you some time by indicating you the process to follow.

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
Dear Group Members,

Can you please advice me if it is advisable to apply for Canada visa via a consultant or should apply myself.

Regards,
Raid
if you have ample of extra time and can afford to use this forum and other resources to do very deep research, then self application is possible ( I did it), but if you dont have extra time and are busy then consultants would be preferable.

bslakhawat

Jun 28, 2016
Delhi
NOC Code......
Dear Group Members,

Regards,
Raid
You may do every thing on your own, however if you wish to take help from a pro, don't go to proclaimed advertisements on the internet. Seek advise from people or friends in your city, who have used the services .... I can guide you in case you are in Delhi.... Y-Axis has mixed reviews !!

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Consultants are a liability. Do it on your own. You have full control of your profile and full control on the situation. No one has a bigger interest in getting evrtything sorted than you and no consultant will be as good as you doing it yourself.

Hiring a consultant is like getting someone to operate your FB profile on your behalf and you calling someone else every time you want to apply for a PNP, or make changes on your profile. Worse still, PNP like SINP are beyond anyone who has a consultant since those applications happen at midnight in Asia and you will 100% miss those coz no consultant will sit up late at night and press the SUBMIT button for you.

Overall, I cant think of anyone I personally know who didn't regret going to a consultant

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Applying on your own is not easy but very, very fulfilling. Saves you a huge amount of money which you can just direct to your POF or future settlement, too.

Applying without a consultant is not for everyone though. Ask yourself if you're willing to learn the ropes on your own (with the gracious help of people in this super helpful community) and sacrifice personal time to do everything yourself? Are you confident enough to learn everything and apply what you've researched online to your application process? I've met some people who need guidance every step of the way, and I believe those people are best suited to getting a consultant for their applications. If you're strong willed enough, it's possible without a consultant.

And I made friends on this forum which is a big bonus.:D

Reactions: johnsyk