Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi folks,

I've generally tried to keep politics well clear of my efforts to help other immigrants through this forum and others, although as many of you know I spend most of my time doing advocacy work on environmental issues. Today I'm going to make a brief exception to that, as I think this is too important not to share with this community...

This Conservative Party ad is airing only in Quebec, where anti-immigrant sentiments are stronger than elsewhere in Canada. It is one of the most offensive pieces of revolting, toxic propaganda I have ever seen from a mainstream party in a democratic country:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcptS3RSvyY

I'm a strong believer in our obligations to care for those fleeing persecution. Canada's refugee protection system certainly isn't perfect, but it is recognised world wide as a shining example of many of the ways to do things right.

I don't care how you plan to vote on May 2nd (if you can even vote at all) but please consider sharing this with your immigrant friends and loved ones so that all Canadians can make up their minds knowing what the man who wants unchecked power really thinks about immigrants.

Matthew

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
:'( :'( we will b applying though QC

didn't see the ad yet, i will now, thank u for taking the time to increase our awareness :)

rob21

Nov 26, 2009
I understand what you are saying about this ad but I take it alot differently. I dont see anything in that ad about the conservatives being against immigration or that they do not like immigrants. All I see is that they are saying they dont want the system, and Canada's generosity, being abused or taken for granted. To paint them as against all imigrants is wrong.
By the way if you think Canada is a democratic country think again. It's a plutocrasy but that is another argument for another day.

valy79

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
10-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-07-2011
rob21- where exactly did matthewc say that Conservative Party "does not like immigrants" or "is against all immigrants"?

It is one of the most offensive pieces of revolting, toxic propaganda I have ever seen from a mainstream party in a democratic country:
Well, you must not be familiar with some propaganda made by some European political parties then. I have seen way worse in Austria and particularly Switzerland....

I completely agree with you otherwise and it makes me sad to see such things.

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Propaganda always makes me LOL. Its very amusing to see how far they can always go for even 1 vote. 1 week you receive pro-army propaganda in the mail box, next one anti-army + pro-education, next one pro-immigration, next one anti-immigration and whatever, big LOL.

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
rob21 said:
I dont see anything in that ad about the conservatives being against immigration or that they do not like immigrants. All I see is that they are saying they dont want the system, and Canada's generosity, being abused or taken for granted. To paint them as against all imigrants is wrong.
Wonderful reasoning, except for the fact that there's no way of telling whether an immigrant 'abused the system' or not by just, you know, interacting with him/her - and for that matter, how do you even recognize an immigrant? It's not a matter of calling all immigrants bad, it's a matter of turning the viewer against the one living and working next to them, because "they might be one of THOSE".

Obnoxious, all in all.