+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

conjugal partner visa please help me thanks...

panDEmielle

Jun 24, 2013
Hi everyone ,i need some help in here please give me more advices...
I and my partner wanted to apply for a conjugal partner visa,.
My partner is a canadian and i am filipina,. Me and my partner had a relationship since 2011 up to present.
He visited me every year and we had some trips together,.Our means of communication is phone and internet. I had applied for tourist visa last oct 2011 but denied. And now I cannot marry my partner because I was married before and got separated but since no separation and divorce in philippines.I filed for annulment but the process is too long and no decision yet is given. So me and my partner had decided to apply for conjugal partner visa.Is it possible for me to be approved?. In the requirements we did not live together yet,. but he visited me every year to some few days because of the nature of his job and I cannot go and visit her also because I was already denied. And now I do not want into rushed marriages but we wanted to be together.In fact we celebrated the promised day like couple we had each other ring but no official testament it is just only to let everybody in my family know that we are like a marriage couple relationship Since I cannot marry my partner because I was once married. And other thing is my mother in law are willing to give and write a letter to the immigration as a support that our relationship is genuine. Please help me my scenario..thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I suspect that you will not qualify as a conjugal couple because you could, if you really tried, go and live somewhere together as a common law couple for the required 12 months. Conjugal is for people that are completely unable to be together any other way.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
zardoz said:
I suspect that you will not qualify as a conjugal couple because you could, if you really tried, go and live somewhere together as a common law couple for the required 12 months. Conjugal is for people that are completely unable to be together any other way.
I disagree. I believe in Phillippines its illegal for a married person to live together with another partner, even if separated from legal spouse. So they cant become common law in Canada or Phillippines, and cant get married anywhere in the world. CIC will not expect people to move to 3rd countries to live together.

Congugal is mainly used in this specific situation, so as long as they have lots of proofs of a genuine conjugal relationship, they should proceed with the application.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
However, she HAS filed for annulment, so it's only a issue of time. They can therefore wait for the processing of that and then either live together or marry. This removes the "impossible" factor.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
zardoz said:
However, she HAS filed for annulment, so it's only a issue of time. They can therefore wait for the processing of that and then either live together or marry. This removes the "impossible" factor.
Annulment takes years and years and is still difficult to get approved. It's been said only the rich get annulled in the Phils. CIC won't force her to wait for the courts to play out. (Or rather, force her spouse to wait before sponsoring her.) This much is clear from CIC granting Conjugal PR visas despite annulments dragging on in the court system.

Her situation is one of the few that would qualify for Conjugal (depending on the particulars).

It's also technically illegal for unmarried couples to live together in the Phils, so this is probably their best course of action.

I believe she will need several letters of support though. I'm not familiar with the Phils guide, but usually you need at least 2 letters.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Fair enough.. You learn something new every day. :D

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Hi guys. Me and my partner were in the same situation. We applied Conjugal in April 2012 and got the visa in May 2013. I believe this is very possible for applicants from the Philippines. We waited 2 years for my partner's annulment and it never went through. We provided evidence of difficulties between him and his ex. The best evidence we provided was a lawsuit for Concubinage that she put on him when I went to the Philippines for my first visit. I don't have a whole lot of time and energy to address a whole bunch of questions, but I just wanted to say that those of us with a Filipino spouse who applied have been successful in this route and don't hesitate to put your application in.

zardoz said:
Not true. Annulments are shady at best. They are actually doing illegal things to get the annulments passed through. There are a lot of bribes and buy outs. They are not straight forward things and they can be more costly and time prohibitive then you ever planned for. Ours was stopped at a certain stage then the judge who signed it lost his job. Culturally Filipinos are not very direct when giving information so it could be that you would never find out what happened and just be given bullshit answers.

zardoz said:
I suspect that you will not qualify as a conjugal couple because you could, if you really tried, go and live somewhere together as a common law couple for the required 12 months.
In Manila they don't seem to require this IF the spouse is a foreigner. For example, I am a born Canadian citizen. I can't live in the Philippines because I don't have a visa to do so. I can't legally live with my partner there because we can technically be sued for both bigamy and concubinage. Most Filipinos can't get visas to live anywhere else. This was a total non-issue in my application.

amikety said:
Annulment takes years and years and is still difficult to get approved. It's been said only the rich get annulled in the Phils. CIC won't force her to wait for the courts to play out. (Or rather, force her spouse to wait before sponsoring her.) This much is clear from CIC granting Conjugal PR visas despite annulments dragging on in the court system.

Her situation is one of the few that would qualify for Conjugal (depending on the particulars).

It's also technically illegal for unmarried couples to live together in the Phils, so this is probably their best course of action.

I believe she will need several letters of support though. I'm not familiar with the Phils guide, but usually you need at least 2 letters.
Yes! Thanks Sir Amikety. ;D

PanDEmille, put together a nice and clear application. Have everything documented. Make sure that your separation from your previous spouse is very clearly documented. Provide proof of a separate address. Provide letters from family and friends. Provide proof that the community regards you as a couple. Provide photos of your trips and relationship milestones. Explain about your annulment and provide evidence of it or why it's not going through. I believe you have a great chance of success.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
amikety said:
Wow and i only thought it was illegal there for a technically-married person to live with another partner. Never realized common-law in general was actually illegal.

I'm curious, is this something that is actually investigated and enforced by the police there? I guess they would rely on tips mainly from disgruntled ex-spouses or neighbours that notice it and disagree with un-married couples living together.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Rob_TO said:
Wow and i only thought it was illegal there for a technically-married person to live with another partner. Never realized common-law in general was actually illegal.

I'm curious, is this something that is actually investigated and enforced by the police there? I guess they would rely on tips mainly from disgruntled ex-spouses or neighbours that notice it and disagree with un-married couples living together.
I read that wrong. I think it's incorrect. The Philippines actually has provisions for Common Law although culturally people don't seem to realize that or recognize it.

No, it's not enforced by police. But never underestimate the fury of a Filipina spurned ??? People seem to hang on to grudges so it's not uncommon for an ex spouse to be pretty vicious. If you have an ex spouse who is vengeful, you can be slapped with 2 charges. Concubinage, if you're the male offender. Really hard to prove apparently you would need photos of ahem.. consummation. That's what my partner was charged with. Thankfully not enough evidence. BTW that lawsuit document was extremely helpful in granting our application and was one of the top quotes in our GCMS notes. If you're a married female living in sin, the charges are much worse. I believe it's called Bigamy and you don't need a lof of proof to be charged with that. For many people their only option is to get far away from their ex spouse in order to live peacefully. Many regular poor, for whom annulment isn't even an option - costing one year's pay, simply move to another place and start life again living with a second partner.

panDEmielle

Jun 24, 2013
amikety said:

thanks a lot amikety..i appreciate it...

panDEmielle

Jun 24, 2013
Steph C said:
Hi guys. Me and my partner were in the same situation. We applied Conjugal in April 2012 and got the visa in May 2013. I believe this is very possible for applicants from the Philippines. We waited 2 years for my partner's annulment and it never went through. We provided evidence of difficulties between him and his ex. The best evidence we provided was a lawsuit for Concubinage that she put on him when I went to the Philippines for my first visit. I don't have a whole lot of time and energy to address a whole bunch of questions, but I just wanted to say that those of us with a Filipino spouse who applied have been successful in this route and don't hesitate to put your application in.
Not true. Annulments are shady at best. They are actually doing illegal things to get the annulments passed through. There are a lot of bribes and buy outs. They are not straight forward things and they can be more costly and time prohibitive then you ever planned for. Ours was stopped at a certain stage then the judge who signed it lost his job. Culturally Filipinos are not very direct when giving information so it could be that you would never find out what happened and just be given bull*censored word* answers.
In Manila they don't seem to require this IF the spouse is a foreigner. For example, I am a born Canadian citizen. I can't live in the Philippines because I don't have a visa to do so. I can't legally live with my partner there because we can technically be sued for both bigamy and concubinage. Most Filipinos can't get visas to live anywhere else. This was a total non-issue in my application.

Yes! Thanks Sir Amikety. ;D

PanDEmille, put together a nice and clear application. Have everything documented. Make sure that your separation from your previous spouse is very clearly documented. Provide proof of a separate address. Provide letters from family and friends. Provide proof that the community regards you as a couple. Provide photos of your trips and relationship milestones. Explain about your annulment and provide evidence of it or why it's not going through. I believe you have a great chance of success.
................STEPH c..... very much thankful for the reply that you had and very much delighted to continue my application thanks a lot it gives me clarity of what should i do ..thanks a lot

joy16

Nov 27, 2012
I am new here. I just want to ask on how I can sponsor my partner for 10 years and his son using conjugal sponsorship. He is married and he filed an annulment last year but nothing is happening. He filed it in Cavite and there is a freeze in annulment cases there as they combined all annulment cases in 1 court with no permanent judge. So we were told by our lawyer that it might take long as there are 5,000 cases all in all. I am PR here in Canada for 3 years and I went home every year just to be with them. My family even went home last year hoping i will be marrying. To make the long story short, I just want to know if you think we have a chance? and what are the proofs that I can gather for the application? your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Joy16

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
joy16 said:
I am new here. I just want to ask on how I can sponsor my partner for 10 years and his son using conjugal sponsorship. He is married and he filed an annulment last year but nothing is happening. He filed it in Cavite and there is a freeze in annulment cases there as they combined all annulment cases in 1 court with no permanent judge. So we were told by our lawyer that it might take long as there are 5,000 cases all in all. I am PR here in Canada for 3 years and I went home every year just to be with them. My family even went home last year hoping i will be marrying. To make the long story short, I just want to know if you think we have a chance? and what are the proofs that I can gather for the application? your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Joy16
Is there anything stopping you from living with him in his home country for one full year to become common law?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
scylla said:
Is there anything stopping you from living with him in his home country for one full year to become common law?
This would be same situation as above... where legally a married person can't cohabit with someone else in the Philippines. So if they lived together there they would technically be breaking the law. Not to mention I don't think a Canadian can get a 12-month visitor visa to Philippines?

I think this is one of the main areas that conjugal apps are permitted.

joy16

Nov 27, 2012
Actually the grounds I'm looking for conjugal sponsorship to apply is the fact that we do not see any progress for the next three years with his annulment... I am supporting them right now and I cannot have long vacations to stay there for 1 year...