+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding NOC B job in Food manufacturing company

hello2world

Oct 28, 2018
Good day all,

I have recently started my job in food manufacturing company which manufactures whey protein products, capsules and tablets and packaging the same.

I am working as a production technician. I want to know if I will be able to be eligible to apply for PR after 1 or 2 years of experience in food manufacturing company. If so, then what NOC code would best fit in my case?

I have heard that production technician in food industry falls under NOC C. Please give your valuable feedback. That would be appreciated.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day all,

I have recently started my job in food manufacturing company which manufactures whey protein products, capsules and tablets and packaging the same.

I am working as a production technician. I want to know if I will be able to be eligible to apply for PR after 1 or 2 years of experience in food manufacturing company. If so, then what NOC code would best fit in my case?

I have heard that production technician in food industry falls under NOC C. Please give your valuable feedback. That would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Your title isn't that important. What matters is your job duties. What are your job duties?

hello2world

Oct 28, 2018
Your title isn't that important. What matters is your job duties. What are your job duties?
It is a food manufacturing company with a very small team. So, I would get a chance to work on various machines such as product blending machine, forklift machine, filling prepared product in certain number of amount in various sizes of container and boxes. Packaging of products and making a skids and finally, wrapping up of skids.

I worked here for two days and in this time, I got a chance to work on packaging of products and filling the product in predefined weight.

I don't know if this would be eligible duties under any of NOC B code. Please let me know.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It is a food manufacturing company with a very small team. So, I would get a chance to work on various machines such as product blending machine, forklift machine, filling prepared product in certain number of amount in various sizes of container and boxes. Packaging of products and making a skids and finally, wrapping up of skids.

I worked here for two days and in this time, I got a chance to work on packaging of products and filling the product in predefined weight.

I don't know if this would be eligible duties under any of NOC B code. Please let me know.

Thank you.
It sounds like NOC 9617 or 9461. It's definitely not a NOC B job based on your description.

Last edited:
Reactions: hello2world

PARTH1907

Nov 26, 2023
Hi, i am really confused about my job Noc code. The position is :- Production technician in food industry and here is the job description. So please tell me is it under 2233.2 (Industrial engineering and manufacturing technicians )

Here is the direct link to verify :- https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile?objectid=UCb17ZvFQLi0ao6VZ4MyFjKIwiC9kNCRQc1DtgAqEm8=
  • Perform regular assessments of manufacturing areas to ensure all activities performed in the area are in full compliance with GMPs, SOPs and established quality and safety standards. Ensure all observations are addressed in a timely manner.
  • Train employees to efficiently perform job functions as per SOP, assess and evaluate training verification
  • Participate and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives on production processes. Perform ongoing process evaluations including equipment time studies, run at rate studies, tool changeover studies etc.
  • Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machines & equipment controls as per manufacturer's manuals, oversee production, and inspect processes.
  • Provide immediate direction for potential product quality issues including first assessment of potential deviations and initial determination of product impact, containment, immediate corrective actions, and escalation.
  • Actively participate in the investigative phases related to manufacturing process, and implementation of Corrective and Preventive Actions.
  • When necessary, make machine adjustments to resolve line issues (i.e. lights, alarms, visual indicators) and support maintenance in minor troubleshooting for any deviations to the asset center lining
  • Perform SPC (Statistical Process Control) checks as per procedure
  • Participate in the change-over process, and set-up (assembly and disassembly), to meet and exceed established change-over time standards