+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confusing email from CIC

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
The email I received today had the following:
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

They asked for my biodata, and to pay the RPRF. but no passport?? anyone else with the same email?

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
OHKIDDA said:
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

They asked for my biodata, and to pay the RPRF. but no passport?? anyone else with the same email?
Yes - most people have gotten this in the last month. They are now requesting Biodata forms as a separate step before the Passport Request.

UHNSlave

Dec 15, 2012
So is there anyone who received PPR after a separate Biodata request? To know how long to wait between these 2 steps., I received a biodata form as well on March 9th.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OHKIDDA said:

can you please publish your timeline?

aka024

Jan 22, 2013
I have a question regarding the RCMP request, is there any status change after they receive the RCMP results?

As in you see a change in status when they receive Medical Results, is it same case with RCMP results.

I have been trying to get in touch with CIC to confirm whether they have received the results, but sadly no response.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
OHKIDDA said:

If you are from a visa-exempt country, you are no longer required to submit your actual passport (and you get no stamp in your passport). Submitting a photocopy of your passport biodata page is the same thing as the passport request.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348a.asp

UHNSlave

Dec 15, 2012
jes_ON: so what would be the next step for the people from visa-exempt countries who received the biodata form request?
We were not asked to provide a copy of the Biodata page of the passport, but a copy of a form stating our height and eye color. I think there is a confusion on the definition of biodata form here...

OHKIDDA, the biodata form you are referring to is the height/eye color request right?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Oh sorry, you're right, I misunderstood. Yes, the biodata form is different, I got that along with the PPR request.... I don't know but it still sounds like they're getting ready to finalize your application.

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
UHNSlave said:
jes_ON: so what would be the next step for the people from visa-exempt countries who received the biodata form request?
We were not asked to provide a copy of the Biodata page of the passport, but a copy of a form stating our height and eye color. I think there is a confusion on the definition of biodata form here...

OHKIDDA, the biodata form you are referring to is the height/eye color request right?
yeah, it's just a plain looking table which asks for my application umber, my name, and height and eye color.
i took a screen shot, put it in word, then PDFd it and sent it as an attachment to OPP email address as provided in the email.

i'm assuming my application is almost approved as they asked for my RPRF (but again, no request for passport). so i paid that as well right away online and send the PDF receipt as an attachment to the OPP-cost-recovery email.

my work permit expires next February so I hope it'll be approved by then and I can land.

kingmax

Mar 26, 2013
I received my biodata request today. It said the biodata form would be attached, but It wasn't. I'm confident in my ability to find email attachments...did anyone else have this issue? Is the form online?

jmm1979

Mar 8, 2012
I paid my RPRF on feb 21st and emailed receipt, copy of passport (visa exempt) and bio data form. What is everyone else's timeline. It's been nearly 6 wks. Should I receive soon????

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
kingmax said:
I received my biodata request today. It said the biodata form would be attached, but It wasn't. I'm confident in my ability to find email attachments...did anyone else have this issue? Is the form online?
Has happened to a lot of people - reply to the CIC and tell them they forgot to attach the form. It's a generic form - if you want, put your email address here and I can send it to you.

kingmax

Mar 26, 2013
Seton- If you could send the biodata form to saraspam05@gmail.com that would rock! Thanks for your help!

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request