my case
bachelor`s degree - 22 point
work experience ( more then 4 years as finance manager ) - 21 point
age ( 27 years old ) -10 point
adaptability ( husband got bachelor degree as well ) - 4 point
language ability ( ielts score L-6.5,R-7.0,S-6,W-5.5) - 10 point
---------------
total - 67 point

so confusen for me is that my consultant need 12 point in ielts but as per my current situation i got 10 point .
i don`t know what to do
i hv allready try three times for ielts
my dedline for submit all doc is also run out on 3-dec-2009,
plz advise

Applied - 12 -may -2009
AOR-11-AUG -2009

target2009match

Star Member
Dec 18, 2008
Dear brother ur consultant is right u need 12 points ,for single bachelor degree u would get 20 point even ur degree duartion is 1000 years but if the degree is bachelor then they award u 20 points .On the given circumstances u are getting 65 points and 12 points in IELTS u will get required score ,work hard in ur IELTS and do pracice more and better to read essays regarding various topics then u will get thanks and wish u best of luck takecare

vijay_791

Jul 31, 2009
thx for quick replay
i hv got beachlor degree from india and i hv competed 15 years of education in the formet of 10 years for secondar+2 years for higer seconder+3 for univercity ,
so i think i got 22 point
plz make me currect
plz

Himanshukhamar

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
11-01-2010
Med's Request
8-02-2010
Med's Done....
12-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8-02-2010
vijay_791 said:
thx for quick replay
i hv got beachlor degree from india and i hv competed 15 years of education in the formet of 10 years for secondar+2 years for higer seconder+3 for univercity ,
plz make me currect
plz
for Bachelor degree -20 points

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vijay_791 said:
thx for quick replay
plz make me currect
plz
Bach From India is 20 points with 15 years Education

Drooza

Sep 9, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 Sep. 2009
Doc's Request.
17 Nov. 2009
AOR Received.
18 FEB. 2010
File Transfer...
17 Nov. 2009
Med's Request
20 March 2013
Med's Done....
09 April 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 July 2013
LANDED..........
sept 29 2013
ielts 10 points not 12

jsp

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right ur bachelor degree - 20 points , u need to score 12 points from IELTS to get through.

If u have not submitted full application so far, submitt other documents immediately other than ielts score and request them to give u some more time for submission of ur ielts score this u need to appear again to achieve 12 points . i think in this context ur consultant will better guide u.

rameena

Dec 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
4131, 4141
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-12-2009 ( SYDNEY)
Doc's Request.
8-02-2010 -- 1st AOR
vijay_791 said:
hi i need urgent some advise on my ielts and imigration point

my case
bachelor`s degree - 22 point
work experience ( more then 4 years as finance manager ) - 21 point
age ( 27 years old ) -10 point
adaptability ( husband got bachelor degree as well ) - 4 point
language ability ( ielts score L-6.5,R-7.0,S-6,W-5.5) - 10 point
---------------
total - 67 point

so confusen for me is that my consultant need 12 point in ielts but as per my current situation i got 10 point .
i don`t know what to do
i hv allready try three times for ielts
my dedline for submit all doc is also run out on 3-dec-2009,
plz advise

Applied - 12 -may -2009
AOR-11-AUG -2009
If you have .

Listening= 6-5 ------> 4 points
Reading =7.0 --------> 4 points
Speaking= 6.0 -------> 2 points
Writing = 5.5 -------> 2 points
--------------------
TOTAL = 12 POINTS

isnt it Like you have already got 12 points in Your IELTS Test ?? OR May be I am wrong. what do you Guys says about it ?

regards
Rameena

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rameena said:
If you have .

Listening= 6-5 ------> 4 points
Reading =7.0 --------> 4 points
Speaking= 6.0 -------> 2 points
Writing = 5.5 -------> 2 points
--------------------
TOTAL = 12 POINTS

isnt it Like you have already got 12 points in Your IELTS Test ?? OR May be I am wrong. what do you Guys says about it ?

regards
Rameena
NOPE.
Listening - 7.5 to 9.0 will give you 4points.
Reading, Writing and Speaking - 6.5 and above will give u 4 points.

BobbyB

Kajis

Dec 14, 2009
target2009match said:
Dear brother ur consultant is right u need 12 points ,for single bachelor degree u would get 20 point even ur degree duartion is 1000 years but if the degree is bachelor then they award u 20 points .On the given circumstances u are getting 65 points and 12 points in IELTS u will get required score ,work hard in ur IELTS and do pracice more and better to read essays regarding various topics then u will get thanks and wish u best of luck takecare
hi target,

bit confused about bachelor degree you said that they award 20 points for bachelor degree even some one have 1000 years of education but according to my understanding that if bachelor is of 15 years then they will award you 20 points and if you have got 16 years of bachelor degree then they will award you 22 points. in case of vijay he got 15 yrs of education so he will get 20 points m i right plz correct me
regards
kajis

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
10.2 Education

For definition of terms, see Section 6.3.

Officers should assess programs of study and award points based on the standards that exist in
the country of study. The Regulations do not provide for comparisons to Canadian educational
standards;

If the applicant has an educational credential referred to in a particular paragraph in R78(2) but
not the total number of years of study required by that paragraph, officers should award the
number of points set out in the paragraph that refers to the number of years of study completed
by the applicant [R78(4)].

Example: 1. If an applicant has a master's degree, but only 16 years of education, an officer would go
down to the category for which the applicant meets the total number of years and, using this example,
award 22 points;

Example: 2. If an applicant has a four-year bachelor's degree and 16 years of education, an officer
would award 20 points, as a single two, three, or four-year university credential at the bachelor's level,
combined with at least 14 years of full-time study, is worth 20 points;

Pursuant to R77, officers should award points for the credential and years of study that the
applicant has completed at the time the application is made. If further study is completed and
documentation submitted between application and assessment, officers must award the points for
the highest educational credential obtained at the time of assessment.

A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.

There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected.

Pursuant to R78, officers should assess the application and award the applicant up to a maximum
of 25 points for education as follows:

Note: Medical doctor degrees are generally first-level university credentials, in the same way that a
Bachelor of Law or a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacology is a first level, albeit “professional”
degree and should be awarded 20 points. If it is a second-level degree and if, for example, it
belongs to a Faculty of Graduate Studies, 25 points may be awarded. If a bachelor's credential is
a prerequisite to the credential, but the credential itself is still considered a first-level degree, then
22 points would be appropriate. It is important to refer to how the local authority responsible for
educational institutions recognizes the credential: i.e., as a first-level or second-level or higher
university credential.

Credential and number of years of education Points

Secondary school has not been completed (i.e., no diploma obtained) and the 0
applicant has no trade or apprenticeship educational credentials

Secondary school educational credential 5

One year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 12
credential, and at least 12 years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent
studies

One year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 15
educational credential, and at least 13 years of completed full-time or full-time
equivalent studies

One year university educational credential at the bachelor's level, and at least 13 15
years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies

Two year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 20
educational credential, and at least 14 years of completed full-time or full-time
equivalent studies

A university educational credential of two years or more at the bachelor's level, 20
and at least 14 years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies

Three year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 22
educational credential, and at least 15 years of completed full-time or full-time
equivalent studies

Two or more university educational credentials at the bachelor's level and at 22
least 15 years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies

University educational credential at the master's or doctoral level and at least 17 25
years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies

OP6e.pdf

Hope this helps.

BobbyB

asd

Dec 19, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i had postgraduation certificate ( 5 years after the Bach ) in peadiatrics how many points i deserve for education

yrs of study 17( 5 years bach study included)

Kajis

Dec 14, 2009
1. Three year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 22
educational credential, and at least 15 years of completed full-time or full-time
equivalent studies

2. Two or more university educational credentials at the bachelor's level and at 22

dear boby,

i didnt understand like i have got 4 years engineering degree after secondary education and it is all 16 yeras as u qoute in number 1 point three yrs post secondary and 15 yrs what u suggest for me what shud i asume for me 20 or 22 points?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kajis said:
1. Three year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 22
equivalent studies

2. Two or more university educational credentials at the bachelor's level and at 22

dear boby,

i didnt understand like i have got 4 years engineering degree after secondary education and it is all 16 yeras as u qoute in number 1 point three yrs post secondary and 15 yrs what u suggest for me what shud i asume for me 20 or 22 points?
20, as you have a degree.
You get 22 points, if you have for example a 3 Year Diploma. A diploma is not a university Degree. If you read the lines properly, It states, Three year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university educational credential, and at least 15 years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies.

You are also awarded 22 points if you have 2 or more degrees at the Bachelor's level and at least t15 years of full time completed Education.