+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused on Forms and requirements for "Family over 18"

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sponsoring my wife PRV to Canada and I'm confused on the requirements for "family members over the age of 18".

I was under the impression that family is referring to immediate family, which would include brothers, sisters, parents. This would mean that my wife's immediate family would require photos, police clearance, and medicals because those forms say "accompanying and non accompanying"

But when I asked the local Canadian immigration office they stated that it only refers to "dependents" of my wife accompanying and non accompanying but brothers sisters and parents are required to fill out the forms that mention them......but no forms specifically mention "brothers" or "sisters" or "parents".....I'm just confused.

Here is the situation. My wife has no dependents, and had never been married. Can someone please tell me what forms/tests or material is required from her immediate family (Brothers, sisters, Parents)

Second question is the requirement for singleness status (CENOMAR). If we provide our marriage certificate, and pull a CENOMAR it will say she is single because the marriage is not registered in Manila Phil. yet, but when we do pull the CENOMAR after registering the marriage, it will just say she's married....i'm not sure what to do here either....any suggestions?

The rest of the application is pretty straight forward.

Thank you so much for your help....I really do appreciate it (better info here than from immigration offices)
DM

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Luckyman,

Please read the definition of FAMILY MEMBERS in the Sponsor's Guide IMM 3900 E.

Family members include a spouse, common-law partner, dependent children, and the dependent child of a dependent child:

other relatives: Parents, grand parents, brothers, sisters.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, that's great, mind you that section of the guide (going from memory here) is in reference to "who can you sponsor" and I was unclear of the reference to Family members to the applicant.

So regarding your reply, "Other relatives" Non accompanying are NOT required to fill out any forms or obtain clearances, medicals, or photographs, and have no forms to fill out?

Thank you very much!!
DM

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luckyman said:
Ok, that's great, mind you that section of the guide (going from memory here) is in reference to "who can you sponsor" and I was unclear of the reference to Family members to the applicant.

So regarding your reply, "Other relatives" Non accompanying are NOT required to fill out any forms or obtain clearances, medicals, or photographs, and have no forms to fill out?

Thank you very much!!
DM
No need pf medical and photos for non-accompanying family members. Your wife has to include them in IMM5406 additional family information form which is included in her PR application kit.

The details are well explained in the guide.