+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused between GE/Nexus as an indian citizen with canada PR.

irwe

May 18, 2022
Hello everyone!

Happy Saturday. I have a couple of questions in regards to Global Entry/Nexus Program.

1. Why isnt a indian citizen with canadian PR not applicable for GE? If anyone has any idea about it.

2. If I apply for Nexus, will it be only for when i am traveling between canada and US? If so is there anyway that i can get the benefits for GE/Nexus if and when i am coming to US/Canada from india?

Please let me know if my understanding is right that nexus is only for travel between canada/US/mexico

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone!

Happy Saturday. I have a couple of questions in regards to Global Entry/Nexus Program.

1. Why isnt a indian citizen with canadian PR not applicable for GE? If anyone has any idea about it.

2. If I apply for Nexus, will it be only for when i am traveling between canada and US? If so is there anyway that i can get the benefits for GE/Nexus if and when i am coming to US/Canada from india?

Please let me know if my understanding is right that nexus is only for travel between canada/US/mexico
As a Canadian PR, you qualify for Global Entry benefits through Nexus. You don't apply for the two separately. Just apply for Nexus.

irwe

May 18, 2022
Thanks for the response.
Just to make sure that I understand it right if i get nexus and lets say i am coming into US from india as an indian citizen, i would get the benefits of GE right?
As a Canadian PR, you qualify for Global Entry benefits through Nexus. You don't apply for the two separately. Just apply for Nexus.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Thanks for the response.
Just to make sure that I understand it right if i get nexus and lets say i am coming into US from india as an indian citizen, i would get the benefits of GE right?
Except TSA pre. You wont get that until you become a Canadian citizen.

Reactions: vkbca and irwe