+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about extension application

midnight_sun

Nov 6, 2010
Hi have you sent out your application online? I did the same for my husband for an extension but where to attach those additional forms i.e. copy of my PR or marriage certificate...? It wasn't asked for on the online form and the attachment size was limited to 2MB only I think...

What if I want to send in those supporting documents? How should I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can make the scan files smaller, by saving the image with more compression on the image file, or you can scan in black and white. Or do both :)

midnight_sun

Nov 6, 2010
Ya I tried it but there were only 2 things requested at the time I applied online. One attachment was for passport pages and the other was for bank statement. I didn't know if, and where, I should attach those other forms that I think that should be there.

Well I phoned CIC yesterday and they said that I could attach the marriage certificate together with the passport pages but if the application has already been sent, then there's nothing they can do now. They asked me to wait and, if it's ok, it's ok. If they would require more document, the visa office will e-mail me after when s/he reviews the case. But if you have trouble attaching files, you can call CIC and they will transfer you to the online technical department and they will give you more instructions about it while you're doing it.

Good luck to all of us!

Oct 22, 2010
kja63 said:
When entering Canada I was pulled into immigration and given only a 2 month stay instead of 6. I have no record in the US ( I am a US citizen) and my boyfriend is a model Canadian citizen with no record either. I had recently moved from TN to NY to live with my son and daughter in law and to be closer to him and decided we wanted to explore our relationship further (met him online in April, in person in Aug and instantly fell in love) so I decided to come and visit and try to see where this would go. With that background information the question I am asking is I am filling out the extension application and am looking for

"what is the best answer to give for my reason for wanting to stay in Canada?"

I do not want to be denied. We are very much in love, he has lupus and we do plan on one day getting married but just not now. We know that our time may be short because of his lupus and do not want to waste a moment apart. I do go back to my sons every other week or so to visit him and my granddaughter but they said that was not a permanent residence at the immigration station. It is to me, even though I sleep on the couch when I am there. They said a couch is not permanent. How can I prove that that is my permanent residence with no bills in my name there?

So, with all that said....what would be the best reason to put to stay? I have heard "to explore my relationship further with my boyfriend" but is that enough????

By the way...we are both in our 40 and not spring chicks that don't know what love is!

I have to have this application sent out before the 24th of November as they want me OUT by December 24th..Great Christmas present huh?

Thank you in advance for any and all help in this matter.
I suggest when stay in Canada was limited through the issuance of a visitor record to make sure an application for extension is addressing EVERYTHING they like to see.
For example, make sure to have a return flight ticket (even though it is not a must). Show sufficient funds to support whatever you claim you will be doing in Canada and the length of the stay.

kja63

Nov 3, 2010
immigration consultant said:
I suggest when stay in Canada was limited through the issuance of a visitor record to make sure an application for extension is addressing EVERYTHING they like to see.
For example, make sure to have a return flight ticket (even though it is not a must). Show sufficient funds to support whatever you claim you will be doing in Canada and the length of the stay.
Thank you. Unfortunately I do not need a return flight ticket as I live just over the border about 2 1/2 hours away and drove here. So i guess I just cross my fingers and pray.

kja63

Nov 3, 2010
I have filled out the application now to just send it off via online. I did have a couple questions left to be answered.
Where it asks how long do you want to extend your visit....does it have to be 6 months (I put 6 months from the 24th of Dec when they want me to leave which would make it of course June 24, 2011) or can it be longer? Just curious.

Also, they are asking about other times I have been to Canada....My goodness, I was in Canada way back in 1984 but I dont remember the exact dates!! Do I have to go back THAT far back or just the first time recently?

Also, I do recieve disability from the US. I have arthritis, PTSD, and depressive disorder that stop me from working presently. To me, these are not serious but they are asking for "serious medical or mental issues". Because I receive disability should i put these down and explain that it is on going but under control and I pay for all medical and medication myself? Sorry, I just do not want to do this wrong. Am so scared they are going to deny me this extension. :(

kja63

Nov 3, 2010
No need to answer these 3 questions anymore...just praying for a good outcome now. :( Thank you to everyone that helped me previously.

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
Hi experts,

once r in canada on TRV, can u get multiple TRV extension here? I mean one can leave and come back to canada agian

please advise

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
TRVs are applied for at Consulates and Embassies or High Commissions outside Canada.

chau01 said:
Hi experts,

once r in canada on TRV, can u get multiple TRV extension here? I mean one can leave and come back to canada agian

please advise