+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of Permanent Residence (Inland)

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
As of today I have signed and the confirmation of Permanent Residence.

My time line: For Common Law In-land Canada Class Sponsorship

Medical sent - Sept 2008
Application sent - Oct 8 2008
PR application received - Oct 14 2008
App transferred to local office - April 24 2009
First Stage of Approval/Open Work Permit - June 8 2009
Landed immigrant/Confirmation of Permanent Residence - August 7 2009

Thank you for the service and information required from this forum and good luck to the others waiting and applying.
God bless.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
8 months to first stage approval is rather slow since it is supposed to take 5-6 months but getting the PR itself in 10 is fast.

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
Very cool - congratulations and best of luck to you!

do you mind me asking what you included with your application to get PR so quickly?

Cheers!

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
cdarroch said:
Very cool - congratulations and best of luck to you!

do you mind me asking what you included with your application to get PR so quickly?

Cheers!
I think it is based on our timeline story and mostly its all about Quality rather than Quantity. I don't include unnecessary
stuff in the application. Honest and be genuine. I was not allowed to work for a year during our sponsorship and I had to go back to Singapore every six months because I was liable to the country (for government work) and we keep our connection and relationship together..and it was quite a hassle. like I said in the application its all about concrete evidence and genuinity. Even the IO told me during our interview my file was very well organized and dated correctly. I guess thats like less hassle to the IO.
+ with the help in this forum and good people here also helped us a lot.

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
zissou said:
congrats. isn't this pretty quick for inland?
All depends on case to case basis in my opinion but don't take my word for it. We had many reasons for taking it inland rather than outland due to my complexity of my government/country.

zissou

Jul 1, 2009
you had to go back to singapore? i thought that if you left the country during which an inland application was being processed that it then meant the whole thing is void?

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
I left for a month for business reasons and I have been in relationship continuously since 2007.
You can't leave Canada of course and you need valid reasons to do so.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
congrats elfut,

what do you mean by complexity of your country( Singapore) if you do outland sponsorship? cause i'm still waiting for mine. you submitted yours 1 month earlier than i did and i've not recieved my first stage of approval yet. anyhow, you're right. quality instead of quantity but in my case i'm trying to send them more so atleast they get to open my file when i send some info. i was thinking if i do outland and just do it in singapore. well i'm from philippines but i have a cousin in singapore so i can just stay there while waiting.