+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conestoga College

Bk_khan

Aug 29, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Hi. I applied in many colleges with no gain but have been accepted in conestoga college only, for a 1 year academic program.
Is the visa acceptance for this college is good should I go for it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. I applied in many colleges with no gain but have been accepted in conestoga college only, for a 1 year academic program.
Is the visa acceptance for this college is good should I go for it?
It is not the school but the program. You need to show that you are expanding on your education (eg. Have undergrad and taking a masters) and showing career opportunities (justify costs by showing how much more you will be making in home country after program), ties to return, funds etc. A one year program is a waste. IRCC will know if you are trying to immigrate (eg. have a Masters and then taking a one year college program).

Reactions: Bk_khan

Bk_khan

Aug 29, 2020
Category........
STUDY
It is not the school but the program. You need to show that you are expanding on your education (eg. Have undergrad and taking a masters) and showing career opportunities (justify costs by showing how much more you will be making in home country after program), ties to return, funds etc. A one year program is a waste. IRCC will know if you are trying to immigrate (eg. have a Masters and then taking a one year college program).

I currently have 2 year bcom and 2 years mcom ...masters in commerce from my home country .. and basically my plan is to go for 1 year as it is accepted then change the course once I reach there .. basically the purpose is PR but will try to show home attachements for my return

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I currently have 2 year bcom and 2 years mcom ...masters in commerce from my home country .. and basically my plan is to go for 1 year as it is accepted then change the course once I reach there .. basically the purpose is PR but will try to show home attachements for my return
Figured PR is your goal. Program doesn’t build on education and doubt you can show a huge career jump with pay if you have a Masters. What do you mean change course?

Bk_khan

Aug 29, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Figured PR is your goal. Program doesn’t build on education and doubt you can show a huge career jump with pay if you have a Masters. What do you mean change course?
I mean that once I reach Canada I can change my one year course to 2 years in another university or college..but my main issue is what if rejection for 1 year academic term

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mean that once I reach Canada I can change my one year course to 2 years in another university or college..but my main issue is what if rejection for 1 year academic term
You cannot change programs if you haven’t studied for at least one semester at Contestoga. Why are you not applying for a study permit with a 2 year program?

Bk_khan

Aug 29, 2020
Category........
STUDY
You cannot change programs if you haven’t studied for at least one semester at Contestoga. Why are you not applying for a study permit with a 2 year program?
I have applied for 2 years also but I haven't received any reply yet. And deadline for conestoga is 28 oct 2024. my other options are trent u, cambrian, but they are in review since long time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for 2 years also but I haven't received any reply yet. And deadline for conestoga is 28 oct 2024. my other options are trent u, cambrian, but they are in review since long time
Ok but you cannot change DLI without first studying for a semester at the DLI on your permit.

Bk_khan

Aug 29, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Ok but you cannot change DLI without first studying for a semester at the DLI on your permit.

oh okay.. but my main question is, does the academic term affect visa acceptance. because my GPA is low and my year of study is 1 year in conestoga I fear my application could be rejected

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
will it be an issue even after I have been granted admission by conestoga?
Yes. Pretty much everyone gets accepted to a college program. Universities are different and have higher standards depending on the program (Masters, Phd). IRCC considers that a student has a higher chance of failure if has low grades and/or low IELTs too.

Bk_khan

Aug 29, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Yes. Pretty much everyone gets accepted to a college program. Universities are different and have higher standards depending on the program (Masters, Phd). IRCC considers that a student has a higher chance of failure if has low grades and/or low IELTs too.

thankyou so much for your support. helped alot

Fabian_Kittle

Oct 3, 2022

Choosing the right educational path involves careful consideration of various factors, including program relevance and future career prospects. It's essential to demonstrate a commitment to further education and career advancement. Reflecting on personal experiences can also provide valuable insights into leadership and growth. Take a moment to explore this insightful essay on leadership experience: https://studymoose.com/free-essays/leadership-experience - just as you navigate your educational journey, engaging in leadership roles can enhance your skills and contribute to your professional development. By aligning your educational choices with your career goals and demonstrating ties to your home country, you can maximize the opportunities available to you. Here's to making informed decisions that lead to success and fulfillment in your academic and professional endeavors.
Thanks a lot!

Last edited: