Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
I don't think they intend a complicated and expensive process at the end of the two year period.

(3) A permanent resident referred to in subsection (1) must provide evidence of their compliance with the condition referred to in that subsection to an officer if
1. (a) the officer requests such evidence because they have reason to believe that the permanent resident is not complying or has not complied with the condition; or
2. (b) the officer requests such evidence as part of a random assessment of the overall level of compliance with that condition by the permanent residents who are or were subject to it.
Exception — sponsor's death

This looks to me like the same system they use for our income taxes - a periodic audit.

What worries me a little is this part:

72.4 For greater certainty, for the purposes of subsection 27(2) of the Act, a permanent resident who fails to meet the condition set out in subsection 72.1(1) is considered not to comply with that condition, whether the failure to meet that condition is confirmed during or after the two-year period referred to in subsection 72.1(1).

This sounds like they can come back and nail you 10 years into the future. So, make sure you keep your evidence for that two years tucked away safely. This is particularly relevant if you divorce a short time after that two year period.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zouk Princesse said:
I also hope that since CIC is following these other countries that they will also reinstate the fiancee visa, because those other countries have that as well.
NEVER going to happen. It was a mess before and they are NOT going down that road again.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
NEVER going to happen. It was a mess before and they are NOT going down that road again.
Just out of sheer curiosity, can you elaborate on that? I always found the concept of a fiance visa ripe for fraud, so how has it played out in the US, UK, other countries who have such a program? Did Canada ever have a similar program?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amira_mais said:
Just out of sheer curiosity, can you elaborate on that? I always found the concept of a fiance visa ripe for fraud, so how has it played out in the US, UK, other countries who have such a program? Did Canada ever have a similar program?
Yes, under the old Act (pre-IRPA). There was no follow up, complaints of fraud, etc.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
so, if i understand it correctly, proves will mostly be requested in by the officer if they believe there might be a need or just randomly. is that correct? and what would these proves be?

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
and also, how does it affect the applications being sent now, like mine which was sent in march and i still don't have AOR.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
annabruce said:
I don't think they intend a complicated and expensive process at the end of the two year period.

(3) A permanent resident referred to in subsection (1) must provide evidence of their compliance with the condition referred to in that subsection to an officer if
1. (a) the officer requests such evidence because they have reason to believe that the permanent resident is not complying or has not complied with the condition; or
2. (b) the officer requests such evidence as part of a random assessment of the overall level of compliance with that condition by the permanent residents who are or were subject to it.
Exception — sponsor's death

This looks to me like the same system they use for our income taxes - a periodic audit.

What worries me a little is this part:

72.4 For greater certainty, for the purposes of subsection 27(2) of the Act, a permanent resident who fails to meet the condition set out in subsection 72.1(1) is considered not to comply with that condition, whether the failure to meet that condition is confirmed during or after the two-year period referred to in subsection 72.1(1).

This sounds like they can come back and nail you 10 years into the future. So, make sure you keep your evidence for that two years tucked away safely. This is particularly relevant if you divorce a short time after that two year period.
OMG so people will keep gathering proofs for the rest of their lives??!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ???

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
missmini said:
OMG so people will keep gathering proofs for the rest of their lives??!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ???
Of course not, it just means that they could potentially come back and ask for proof for those two years. So for your first two years together, take a few extra pictures, photocopy important things, and stick em in a folder for all eternity.

Like I said initially, I'm all for a simple process, but if it's gonna be a ton of paperwork and any major fee...hell any fee for that matter, I will be screaming

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
but when does that start applying afte being made official? what about applications that have been sent and not received AOR? let's say i only receive AOR on april 28 and conditionals visa are made law on april 18... even though my application got there (canada post) on march 2, which date will be valid as the date i applied?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Zouk Princesse said:
Of course not, it just means that they could potentially come back and ask for proof for those two years. So for your first two years together, take a few extra pictures, photocopy important things, and stick em in a folder for all eternity.

Like I said initially, I'm all for a simple process, but if it's gonna be a ton of paperwork and any major fee...hell any fee for that matter, I will be screaming
soo true a new extra fee will not be fair but then how will they cover the costs all these changes need ???
hmm but if they have doubts and they call for an interview, from where those doubts would come?! would the VO during the process put some notes?....i don't think they have the time and money to look at each specific case :eek: if no doubts then the condition will be lifted by itsself? we need clarifications :p

mdna, i think this new condition will apply to everyone who didn't receive the visa yet...unless u r an exception from this condition

Diamondude357

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Alberta
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-06-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
06-02-2013
Seems to me this is a legitimate means of getting rid of people that con a Canadian citizen into a marriage and leave them shortly after arrival to Canada. Getting rid of someone like that before seemed rather difficult but now the person that's been conned may have a legal route to have the con artist removed from Canada. I'm sure there will be bugs to work out but maybe it will deter some people from participating in this kind of behavior if there is a threat of potential legal consequences. Time will tell, but at least the government is trying to do something to protect it's citizens from these unscrupulous users of people. Most people can be conned by what appears to be love.

medellinguy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Everything in order I guess
AOR Received.
07-04-2011
File Transfer...
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
will this make the processing times faster abroad or has nothing to do with it?