Concordia University.........

Lovely_16

Jun 28, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I m going to apply to Concordia university for MASC in information system security.
Can anyone tell me do i need to find supervisor to get admission......or univ allocates supervisor to students?
Secondly, how to find supervisor it's the toughest job?

Anyone currenlty studying in concordia or got offer letter can help me................
Thanks in advance.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Try to contact with some potential supervisors and then apply. Some positive replies will ensure your admission to MASc.

And yes it is the hardest job but depends on your qualification too. Just don't overwrite in your email. Make it four or five lines and TO-THE-POINT or else the professor won't even care to read.

Lovely_16

Jun 28, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhasan said:
Try to contact with some potential supervisors and then apply. Some positive replies will ensure your admission to MASc.

And yes it is the hardest job but depends on your qualification too. Just don't overwrite in your email. Make it four or five lines and TO-THE-POINT or else the professor won't even care to read.
Thanks bro for helping. :)
R u from Concordia univ and which course?

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Lovely_16 said:
Thanks bro for helping. :)
R u from Concordia univ and which course?
I got admission to meng at concordia but ddnt go there since I got admission to uCalgary.

talha797

Dec 28, 2011
i got 6.5 band in ielts and i have applied for computer engg in concordia university,do u think this band is satisfying and will i be able to get admission with this band?

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
I have done Masters in computer science and applied for Master in computer science research based in University of Concordia. I have tried a lot to contact supervisors and exchange my research interests with them but to no avail,some are not taking new students and some are not interested in research in which i am interested.
At last they gave me admission in Master in Applied Computer Science and told me to start this degree and after completing two terms if my results are good and after interaction with the supervisors I can be transferred to Masters in computer science research based.
In my opinion if you have not prior research experience or you have not published any research papers then it will be very difficult to get a supervisor specially using emails or making calls.................

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
vaishnavgowni said:
Hi rhasan,
What is your Bachelors Percentage and IELTS score ?
3.53/4.00 and 7.5

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
momi said:
I have done Masters in computer science and applied for Master in computer science research based in University of Concordia. I have tried a lot to contact supervisors and exchange my research interests with them but to no avail,some are not taking new students and some are not interested in research in which i am interested.
At last they gave me admission in Master in Applied Computer Science and told me to start this degree and after completing two terms if my results are good and after interaction with the supervisors I can be transferred to Masters in computer science research based.
In my opinion if you have not prior research experience or you have not published any research papers then it will be very difficult to get a supervisor specially using emails or making calls.................
Even if you have that, it will still be hard! I don't know what these prof's look at for the potential students :S You will see that students who can't even speak in english and has no experience are being taken (because of high cgpa) while people who got research experience, publications, knows how to talk in english are been ignored.

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
Hi Rahsan,

Do you have GRE score too in your pocket?
AS you got admission in Ucalgary so just wanted to confirm on that.

Hi Momi,

I Guess there is no requirement of GRE in Concordia.
I want to do masters Thesis based in Information and securtiy but i cant find this course in PHD as my plans are to do MS and then PHD.
Can you suggest sowmthing on this?

Regrads
Sushil

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
sushilsrk said:
Hi Rahsan,

Do you have GRE score too in your pocket?
AS you got admission in Ucalgary so just wanted to confirm on that.

Hi Momi,

I Guess there is no requirement of GRE in Concordia.
I want to do masters Thesis based in Information and securtiy but i cant find this course in PHD as my plans are to do MS and then PHD.
Can you suggest sowmthing on this?

Regrads
Sushil
No requirement of GRE.
Go for Master's first and then PHD. Search out and narrow down some research areas and then apply. If you have prior research experience you will get it.
As the matter of fact i also applied for research masters in computer science , but due to non availability of research adviser in my research area they offered me Master in applied computer science. Hopefully when i am there i can get some chance............

dayal219

May 1, 2012
I applied for MASc in Information Security in concordia Univ, but they offered me MEngg in Information security. But later only I realized that the job prospects for Information Security is Low when compared to Computer science, Software Engg Courses over there. Also some people said that Information Security is a course in alert list, which may create some problems during your visa.

I would recommend you to go for Masters in computer science in a university that offers good research in Information and Network Security.

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
Thanks Dayal,

Can you recoment some university with that course which dont require GRE.

many Thanks in advance

dayal219

May 1, 2012
@sushil

there are many universities Good universities in Canada that do not required GRE. U of Alberta, Mcgill, Mcmaster, are some top ranked univs that doesn't asked for GRE when i applied. Anyways before applying to any university read their requirements twice.