+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Companies in Canada that are willing to sponsor the PNP Program for International Skilled Workers

Diego Vega

Jan 5, 2024
Hello everyone.

I would like to know if there is a website with a list of companies willing to use the PNP program for international skilled workers, especially in British Columbia in the technology field.

Is there such a list? Maybe companies that have sponsored international workers in the past.

This will make our job search more efficient.

Thank you very much!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone.

I would like to know if there is a website with a list of companies willing to use the PNP program for international skilled workers, especially in British Columbia in the technology field.

Is there such a list? Maybe companies that have sponsored international workers in the past.

This will make our job search more efficient.

Thank you very much!
No there is no list. If there was a list then companies would be inundated with emails and resumes. Most companies don’t hire and sponsor several international workers at a time because they have to prove for each position that a Canadian could not be hired.

Diego Vega

Jan 5, 2024
Thank you Natugrl. You are 100% right. I was just wondering if there was an agency or something that could track the latest sponsorships. Anyway, the thing is, there is supposedly a shortage in tech jobs (in my case, data science), but when applying on LinkedIn or Indeed, there is no indication of which companies may or may not accept sponsorships. I'm talking about the BC PNP Tech program specifically.

No there is no list. If there was a list then companies would be inundated with emails and resumes. Most companies don’t hire and sponsor several international workers at a time because they have to prove for each position that a Canadian could not be hired.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you Natugrl. You are 100% right. I was just wondering if there was an agency or something that could track the latest sponsorships. Anyway, the thing is, there is supposedly a shortage in tech jobs (in my case, data science), but when applying on LinkedIn or Indeed, there is no indication of which companies may or may not accept sponsorships. I'm talking about the BC PNP Tech program specifically.
No companies are actively accepting sponsorship. Companies are looking for talent in Canada, and if they cannot find a candidate may consider an international worker. The companies have to eligible for the specific PNP program too. Some are not eligible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many are working for multinationals or large employers and can’t get a US permit so have their employees move to Canada. Many of the tech jobs, especially in Vancouver, are these large employers parking their international workers in Canada because they can’t get WP to move to the US on workers are spending 3 years in Canada to secure citizenship because the wait time for them to get a green card of citizenship in the US the will take a very long time. Are you working for an employer now with offices in Canada. Is an intracompany transfer possible? BC is still a relatively small place so there isn’t a large amounts of tech jobs available for people applying without any existing ties to the employer and without the ability to already work in Canada. Canada has also has also welcomed a few million people over the past few years so many looking for jobs or trying to secure PR will be competing with you for both a job and to get selected for PR through PNP programs like the BC tech program. There is a huge volume of people who have been in Canada on study and/ work permits that are trying to secure PR. Canada has welcomed a very large number of temporary residents in the last few years it the number of PR spots hasn’t changed so many are finding it extremely difficult to secure PR. The tech industry also went through quite a lot of layoffs and given the potential headwinds in the economy many are trying to limit hiring. Also don’t believe that Vancouver is the best province for data science jobs. Believe Ontario and Quebec are better markets but others can comment. Would suggest trying to contact workers in the field you specialize in or want to work in in Canada but also in Vancouver to ask about industry conditions and amount of hiring going on. If possible would try and connect with workers from your home country to find out how they were able or to find employment in Canada in the field. I would also ask about where in Canada would they suggest looking for jobs in data science.