+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common Law Sponsorship - Medicals and Police Clearance

potential_resident

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Hi All,

Situation: My sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and myself (New Zealand citizen) are applying for a common law application.

Problem

1). I have completed my upfront medicals, but on the website it states 'yourself and all your family members must undergo an upfront medical examination'.... and the same was said for obtaining police clearances. DO ALL members of my family need to obtain medicals and police clearances even though they are not applying for permanent residency/citizenship in Canada at all?

2). Do I need to fill out the IMM5406 (Additional Family Information) form as well? Again the wording in the 'guide to your application' is ambiguous in my opinion. It states that the form is to be filled out by myself, my common law partner (if applicable, again this here means a common law partner who was also seeking permanent residency, which is not the case here) and dependents (which I dont have).

Thank you all!!!

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
base on my understanding, its only the main applicant and if there are any accompanying dependent that has to undergo the medical exam.

but don't take my word here, i guess there are even more expert in this forum who can give you more accurate answer.

good luck

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
potential_resident said:
Hi All,

Situation: My sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and myself (New Zealand citizen) are applying for a common law application.

Problem

1). I have completed my upfront medicals, but on the website it states 'yourself and all your family members must undergo an upfront medical examination'.... and the same was said for obtaining police clearances. DO ALL members of my family need to obtain medicals and police clearances even though they are not applying for permanent residency/citizenship in Canada at all?

2). Do I need to fill out the IMM5406 (Additional Family Information) form as well? Again the wording in the 'guide to your application' is ambiguous in my opinion. It states that the form is to be filled out by myself, my common law partner (if applicable, again this here means a common law partner who was also seeking permanent residency, which is not the case here) and dependents (which I dont have).

Thank you all!!!
[/quote

You as the applicant will need a medical ,plus police clearance from any country you have lived for 6 months or more You the applicant needs to fill out the additional family information . You have no dependents so that's it ...