+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification re: Police/Military background

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
Over the last couple of weeks, I've read a couple of posts about PR applicants who served in the Military or Police Force being subject to more intensive background checks. I'm wondering why this would be the case....wouldn't somebody who served in either be more likely to NOT have any problems with a criminal background?? Maybe I'm missing something, but this doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. Can anybody clarify this for me as my spouse has served in the US Army (non active duty) and I'm wondering how long this may delay processing of our application. Thanks all!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

whoppi said:
Over the last couple of weeks, I've read a couple of posts about PR applicants who served in the Military or Police Force being subject to more intensive background checks. I'm wondering why this would be the case....wouldn't somebody who served in either be more likely to NOT have any problems with a criminal background?? Maybe I'm missing something, but this doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. Can anybody clarify this for me as my spouse has served in the US Army (non active duty) and I'm wondering how long this may delay processing of our application. Thanks all!
The military and police service that gets the most attention is those who served in countries where there is internal unrest (ie rebels)

PMM

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
Thanks PMM for your response;gives me a clearer understanding and not feeling so anxious about that concern now.