+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship timeline-Saskatoon, SK

golancer

Feb 1, 2011
sept15 said:
it has taken people 2-3 months from test to oath.. some cases more than 3 months, 4 months - I am talking normal cases...

when did you write the test.

there are few oaths in saskatoon mid September - Sept 14, 15 and 16... Sept 16 I believe people who wrote the test end of June are invited... it all depends on when you wrote the test.. tests in Saskatoon are usually every 4 weeks if that helps...

if you are in Regina, there is a Citizenship Week 2-3rd week of October.... next oath in Saskatoon probably will be end of October... just an estimate,,,,
I wrote test at Saskatoon at Aug 20

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
golancer said:
I wrote test at Saskatoon at Aug 20
depending on when you leave and when you get back, I am not telling you to cancel your trip or stay.. Its your call... However, I strongly recommend you to let CIC know of your trip/vacation... again depending on how long you will be gone... Fax them a letter and mail them the same letter as well and be able to track the letter...

If you wrote the test Aug 20, its difficult to say whether or not your oath will be in October or not.. I want to say your oath will 'most' probably will be in November but its just an estimate... If you are gone, say first two weeks of October, you are fine...

They usually give TWO weeks of notice - online and paper... so if you are able to check your status online and ask someone to check your mail while you are away and BE ready to come back before the Oath if needed, you are fine as well...

Its your call...

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
larxace said:
Hi Everyone,
We are now Canadian Citizens!!!

Here is our timeline:

Received application May 30, 2014.

Started processing application on August 1, 2014.

Recieved AOR and booklet August 25, 2014.

Received letter inviting to take the exam May 20, 2015

Exam date is on June 10, 2015

Oath taking August 6, 2015

Applied for Canadian passport on August 17, 2015 (walk-in in Saskatoon office)

Received our passports on August 24, 2015

God is really good all the time!!!
thanks for string the timeline and Congratulations !

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
depending on when you leave and when you get back, I am not telling you to cancel your trip or stay.. Its your call... However, I strongly recommend you to let CIC know of your trip/vacation... again depending on how long you will be gone... Fax them a letter and mail them the same letter as well and be able to track the letter...

If you wrote the test Aug 20, its difficult to say whether or not your oath will be in October or not.. I want to say your oath will 'most' probably will be in November but its just an estimate... If you are gone, say first two weeks of October, you are fine...

They usually give TWO weeks of notice - online and paper... so if you are able to check your status online and ask someone to check your mail while you are away and BE ready to come back before the Oath if needed, you are fine as well...

Its your call...
gloancr - a correction... looks like people who had their tests on july 27 are having their oaths Sept 15, afternoon as well... just wanted to correct myself if that makes you make a better decision... thanks

golancer

Feb 1, 2011
sept15 said:
gloancr - a correction... looks like people who had their tests on july 27 are having their oaths Sept 15, afternoon as well... just wanted to correct myself if that makes you make a better decision... thanks
thanks! and I think I'd better move the vacation to later date, not worth the risk for missing the oath. and good luck on your oath at sept 15.

Twinland

Aug 21, 2014
just want to update my timeline

- Sent Application July 24, 2014
- AOR in ecas July 25, 2014 (not received until October 2014)
- Started processing application October 2014
- June 2 2015: received letter to appear to write citizenship test June 22 2014
- June 22, 2015: citizenship test
- Sept 1 2015: received letter to appear to take the oath Sept 15 at 2pm.

Between June 22 2015 (the test) and Sept 1, 2015 (oath letter) they sent me two letters for request of additional documents (I made a mistake in my physical presence calculation and I told them after the test). I was impressed that after I response for each letter, I received a response within 2 weeks. I thought my process was going to be delayed for 1-2 years as non-standard applicant (because of my stupid mistake).
However, within 2 months I received an invitation to take the oath Sept 15.

Seems like the processing time is improving as my total time is around 13 months.

user123

Sep 9, 2015
I did my test on 20th August 2015. I am wondering how long after that I have to wait for decision made?

golancer

Feb 1, 2011
Twinland said:
just want to update my timeline

- Sent Application July 24, 2014
- AOR in ecas July 25, 2014 (not received until October 2014)
- Started processing application October 2014
- June 2 2015: received letter to appear to write citizenship test June 22 2014
- June 22, 2015: citizenship test
- Sept 1 2015: received letter to appear to take the oath Sept 15 at 2pm.

Between June 22 2015 (the test) and Sept 1, 2015 (oath letter) they sent me two letters for request of additional documents (I made a mistake in my physical presence calculation and I told them after the test). I was impressed that after I response for each letter, I received a response within 2 weeks. I thought my process was going to be delayed for 1-2 years as non-standard applicant (because of my stupid mistake).
However, within 2 months I received an invitation to take the oath Sept 15.

Seems like the processing time is improving as my total time is around 13 months.
do you remember when did your online status changed to "decision made"?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
golancer said:
golancer, it could be from 2 days to 2 months - dont rely on that... and it could never be as well...
typically one week after test if all goes well...

Twinland

Aug 21, 2014
user123 said:
I did my test on 20th August 2015. I am wondering how long after that I have to wait for decision made?
Should be within 2 months I think.
My test date was June 22, 2015.
After test, CIC sent me CIT0520 form twice asking different documents for additional evidence (due to my mistake calculating physical presence).
First letter was sent July 17, 2015 (3 weeks after the test) asking my travel history to the US
Second letter was sent August 10, 2015 asking my employment letters.
I did not know when exactly my status in ecas changed to "decision made" as I rarely checked the site after the test.
But when I checked on August 23, 2015 the ecas status said "decision made".
I did not receive the oath letter dated August 31, 2015 until September 2, 2015 last week.

So since you did not make any mistake like i did, I would assume yours will be even faster than mine.
Do not fret too much. Within 2 months all will be over :)
Good luck

Twinland

Aug 21, 2014
golancer said:
August 23 I checked online and the status was "decision made".
Two weeks before (August 10, they sent me the second CIT0520 form for additional documentation, of which I replied August 12).
I made a mistake on the physical presence calculation and they still process mine within 2 months after test.

So I would assume yours will go even faster than mine.
Good luck

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi Saskatoon applicants,

Did any one received test date who has applied in January 2015 and forward.. I just want to check what is the average time period for Saskatoon applicants for receiving test dates now a days...
My timeline,
Applied Feb 2015
AOR April 2015
Still received status..

Can anyone share the timeline please...

leebowl

Jul 10, 2015
!!!!!!!!!!! HELP HELP HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wrote my test on July 23rd 2015 and passed with 20/20.

TODAY I received a letter of request for supplementary evidence, asking for Entry-Exit records from USA.

I know there is a stamp missing on my passport when I left USA and entered Canada once. During the interview, the officer said it should be okay because they must have it online.

And I just checked the online history (i94.cbp.dhs.gov), IT IS NOT ONLINE EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this going to be a serious problem??? What should I do?!!!!

Thanks very much if someone could offer some information.... :(((

And congratulations to all that have received the oath letter. Happy for all of you!

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Passion2015 said:
Hi Saskatoon applicants,

Did any one received test date who has applied in January 2015 and forward.. I just want to check what is the average time period for Saskatoon applicants for receiving test dates now a days...
My timeline,
Applied Feb 2015
AOR April 2015
Still received status..

Can anyone share the timeline please...
There is some one in this forum he applied in January and had his test on aug 18 i believe..