+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship timeline-Saskatoon, SK

FunkyTown

Apr 10, 2015
Hello All,

I took the Oath in Regina last week on October 15th when 73 of us became Canadian citizens in the morning ceremony. Just two days later my eCas status changed to COMPLETE and there was a message saying "You became a Canadian citizen on October 15, 2015". It was great timing since I got to vote in this past election. Overall, I am very happy with how my citizenship application process went. It took about a year from start to finish.

I hope that many SK applicants are seeing similar or even better processing times. For those still waiting, good luck in becoming citizens of the maple leaf country.

Application received: October 9th 2014
AOR and Study Book: December 2nd 2014
Application started processing: December 16th 2014
Transfer to local office: January 20th 2015
Test date: July 29th 2015
Decision Made: August 6th 2015
Oath: October 15th 2015

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gst8486 said:
Finally got my oath ceremony update on ECAS:

Below is the Timeline:

Application Received January 15, 2015.

Acknowledgement received on March 3, 2015.

Processing started on May 20, 2015.

Received a notice on July 29, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 18, 2015.

On Oct 08 ECAS updated saying 'the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held in SASKATOON on November 10, 2015'

:D :D :D

Best of luck to fellow applicants who are waiting for test and oath ceremony invitations !
Are you of Pakistani or Bengali nationality before this Oath?

Rajit Omval

Mar 25, 2015
Hi fellows

I got my ecas updated on October 15th showing they sent me a test invitation letter, but I didn't received it yet even though its been 10 days so far.

why is this delay? is this a pattern of Saskatoon office?

one more thing, where did guys of Saskatoon write the test? I only have my time and date of test on my ecas

thank you

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Rajit Omval said:
Hi fellows

I got my ecas updated on October 15th showing they sent me a test invitation letter, but I didn't received it yet even though its been 10 days so far.

why is this delay? is this a pattern of Saskatoon office?

one more thing, where did guys of Saskatoon write the test? I only have my time and date of test on my ecas

thank you

It some time takes couple of weeks, in case you don't receive it by Wednesday next week phone CIC and let them know..............

Venue of test will be TCU place !

Zynapse

Nov 2, 2015
Hi sent application Jan 2015. . Processed march. . Received invitation to test October 8. Exam Oct 22. Decision made oct. 28. . Awaiting oath. . Any chance of having oath this year . ?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

Took Oath of Citizenship in Saskatoon, my immigration journey concludes with this. Here is my timeline:

Application Received: 2015-Jan-15
AOR: 2015-Mar-03
In-Process: 2015-May-20
Invitation for test: 2015-July-29
Test Date: 2015-Aug-18
Decision Made: 2015-Sept-04
Oath: 2015-Nov-10

Best of Luck to fellow applicants who are waiting for their 'oath of citizenship'.

Rajit Omval

Mar 25, 2015
"Decision made" phrase appeared on my CIC today, 15 days after my test, which I passed.
Applied from Saskatoon March 2015. Interviewed and took the test at TCU place.
More details regarding my timeline exists on the corresponding google spreadsheet.

Good luck every one.

myakf

Nov 21, 2015
my timeline
test held on september 9
ecas status 'Decision made' but its says last line we sent you a letter to appear in a citizenship test
its been 3 month now there is one ceremony i heard in saskatoon on december 11. Should i contact cic or wait for the next turn ? what u suggest guys?

Rajit Omval

Mar 25, 2015
2015applicant said:
Have you received any update on your oath ceremony

No, I have not gotten a notice for the ceremony oath on my CIC acount yet. The office in the citizenship testing site said that the ceremony would in 2 to 3 months.

Good luck

Regsk15

Dec 30, 2015
Friends.. I have few questions .. I am in Regina and done with test, interview in Saskatoon and status shows Decision Made.. Would my oath be in Regina or Saskatoon ?
Secondly, What is the current batch who are getting Oath letters like last person who recieved Oath letter what was his/her test date ? so that we may get an Idea when are we likely to get our letters.
Third thing, we can see saskatoon ceremonies schedule on CIC website but not for Regina. Is there a way to find out when are next scheduled ceremonies for Regina residents ?

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myakf said:
my timeline
test held on september 9
ecas status 'Decision made' but its says last line we sent you a letter to appear in a citizenship test
its been 3 month now there is one ceremony i heard in saskatoon on december 11. Should i contact cic or wait for the next turn ? what u suggest guys?

You should call CIC to verify your oath date, time and location if you haven't gotten your letter. Since you have the notice to appear on your ecas, they should be able to give you more information.