+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test @ Scarborough on April 19

seab

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
Had my test recently at Scarborough and I was done in under 30 mins...but it depends on how fast you finish your test and how your interview goes.
Arrive about 15 mins before your test time. No need to get there any earlier than that since there isn't alot of seating room.
You will get a green form to fill out from the agent as soon as you walk through the door.
5 mins before your test is supposed to start they will make an announcement for all the people writing the test to come into the room. Take a seat on opposite sides if multiple family members are writing the test.
They will confirm your ID along with your invitation to attend the citizenship test. Then they walk you through the instructions for the test. After you're done writing give you test back then go into the next room for the interviews. Since I was the second person to finish my test I was able to see the agent right away. They tell you your score from the test, confirmed my ID and docs took photo copies of my passport and then it was over. The interview took about 5 mins at most.
I didn't have my COPR although in the test room the lady mentioned that they would check for it. The agent didn't ask for mine.
Good Luck

Reactions: Uranus
I had my test today and it was similar experience as the one shared above. Took less than 40 mins in total even though I paid for 3.5 hours of parking . Test was easy as I read the book and practiced using apnatoronto. Just prepare and you will be fine.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
Had my test recently at Scarborough and I was done in under 30 mins...but it depends on how fast you finish your test and how your interview goes.
Arrive about 15 mins before your test time. No need to get there any earlier than that since there isn't alot of seating room.
You will get a green form to fill out from the agent as soon as you walk through the door.
5 mins before your test is supposed to start they will make an announcement for all the people writing the test to come into the room. Take a seat on opposite sides if multiple family members are writing the test.
They will confirm your ID along with your invitation to attend the citizenship test. Then they walk you through the instructions for the test. After you're done writing give you test back then go into the next room for the interviews. Since I was the second person to finish my test I was able to see the agent right away. They tell you your score from the test, confirmed my ID and docs took photo copies of my passport and then it was over. The interview took about 5 mins at most.
I didn't have my COPR although in the test room the lady mentioned that they would check for it. The agent didn't ask for mine.
Good Luck
Do they allow to keep the documents with us while we are writing the test?
My wife and I will be writing the test, do we need to keep the docs with separately for each other?

seab

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
They don't notify you of the date for Oath?
In Scarborough they didn't give exact oath date. They made it very clear that they haven 12 months from the date your application was received to invite you for oath.

seab

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
Do they allow to keep the documents with us while we are writing the test?
My wife and I will be writing the test, do we need to keep the docs with separately for each other?
Yes you can keep the documents with you. Just put them on an empty seat or on the floor.

seab

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
I had my test today and it was similar experience as the one shared above. Took less than 40 mins in total even though I paid for 3.5 hours of parking . Test was easy as I read the book and practiced using apnatoronto. Just prepare and you will be fine.
You should have parked at the mall for free and walked over:)

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
In Scarborough they didn't give exact oath date. They made it very clear that they haven 12 months from the date your application was received to invite you for oath.
I had my test in March. The person interviewing me didn’t quote the 12 month spiel. I told her our plan was to send my son back to the states for the summer after exams in June. She commented that I should be done and be able to do an urgent passport request by then.

Of course I’m skeptic.

mg7

Sep 19, 2017
I had my test in March. The person interviewing me didn’t quote the 12 month spiel. I told her our plan was to send my son back to the states for the summer after exams in June. She commented that I should be done and be able to do an urgent passport request by then.

Of course I’m skeptic.
They like playing with our lives & plans. Such a pain for us law abiding residents. Wish our countries were better places in the first place!!

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
They like playing with our lives & plans. Such a pain for us law abiding residents. Wish our countries were better places in the first place!!
Nah. Like anything else like this, it will be a distant memory soon. I went through quite a lot of pain with my PR application and it didn't take me long to forget it. This is a walk in the park compared to that.

srionline117

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
Good Luck
Thanks,
How long is the allowed time for the test and whats the format of test (computer based or they give us question paper & pen/pencil to fill answers)?
Would the question paper be same for all candidates in the room in that slot/time or each person would have different paper?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks,
How long is the allowed time for the test and whats the format of test (computer based or they give us question paper & pen/pencil to fill answers)?
Would the question paper be same for all candidates in the room in that slot/time or each person would have different paper?
You have 30 minutes for the test and it is paper based. You will receive all the material (pen, paper) you need there. Yes we were told that there were different sets of questions.