+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test Process - Please share experience on this thread to help others

dudegujrat

Jan 27, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2011
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER feb 20 2012
AOR Received.
feb 20 2012
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
22/03/2012 and 2nd AOR
Med's Request
25 april 2012 by God`s Grace
Med's Done....
30 april 2012 and ecas updated to medical received by GOD's Grace on 7may 2012
Interview........
WAIVED OFF BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
25april 2012 with Grace of God and RPRF encashed on 16 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
BY GOD'S GRACE 5 june DECISION MADE 8 JUNE 2012
LANDED..........
21 June 2012
Hi all,

My question is regarding my old passport expired before moving to canada in 2011. I moved to Canada in 2012 with new passport. So my citizenship test is on 10 January. Should I carry my old expired passport too?

Thanks in advance

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dudegujrat said:
Hi all,

My question is regarding my old passport expired before moving to canada in 2011. I moved to Canada in 2012 with new passport. So my citizenship test is on 10 January. Should I carry my old expired passport too?

Thanks in advance
Is that expired passport the one you used initially to apply for Canada? If not then,You only need the passport you used to enter Canada (the one with your visa if applicable and entry (immigration) stamps).
Goodluck on your test.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dudegujrat said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
It won't hurt to have it with you although stargazerlily is correct too!

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Citizenship Test Process

user3000 said:
Can anyone please advice if the family applicants will be called all together for the interview after the test ?
I didn't personally go through with this but I've been too observant during my test, that I noticed that even husbands and wives still go into the interview separately.
Keep in mind my test/interview was over a year ago....much (or none) must have changed since then.

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
Re: Citizenship Test Process

user3000 said:
Can anyone please advice if the family applicants will be called all together for the interview after the test ?
Yes please, I would like to know this too

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would also like to know what for does the written test takes. Most practice tests give us 20 questions to answer in 30 minutes. Is it the actual format of the test?

Do we take the test on a computer, is it a printed paper to fill the correct dots like college exams? If it's on a computer, are we allowed to review and change answers? If it's on paper, do we have to bring our own pencil/pen?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tmota said:
I would also like to know what for does the written test takes. Most practice tests give us 20 questions to answer in 30 minutes. Is it the actual format of the test?

Do we take the test on a computer, is it a printed paper to fill the correct dots like college exams? If it's on a computer, are we allowed to review and change answers? If it's on paper, do we have to bring our own pencil/pen?
Yes the test time is 30 minutes and there will be 20 questions.

All material will be provided, you will find an answer sheet (multiple choice) and pencil at your chair and the official will give you the questions just before the test starts.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it okay to carry a backpack for the documents and supporting documents ?
Will they allow to carry it for the test ?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.Steve said:
Is it okay to carry a backpack for the documents and supporting documents ?
Will they allow to carry it for the test ?
They did allow my purse and it was big :D. You will have to put any items you bring in under your chair during the test.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please share some information on what the citizenship officer asks after the test.
Please share your experiences.

dudegujrat

Jan 27, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2011
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER feb 20 2012
AOR Received.
feb 20 2012
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
22/03/2012 and 2nd AOR
Med's Request
25 april 2012 by God`s Grace
Med's Done....
30 april 2012 and ecas updated to medical received by GOD's Grace on 7may 2012
Interview........
WAIVED OFF BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
25april 2012 with Grace of God and RPRF encashed on 16 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
BY GOD'S GRACE 5 june DECISION MADE 8 JUNE 2012
LANDED..........
21 June 2012
.Steve said:
Can someone please share some information on what the citizenship officer asks after the test.
This is an example

Work
Travel history on passport
Family information

Very short may be 2 minutes but depends case to case.

So stay relaxed and prepare well for the test.

Best of luck

Richie888

Jun 17, 2014
.Steve said:
Mainly:
- Travels/most recent travel (I think it has to do with the intent to reside clause)
- Work
- Family ties
- Casual talk

No more than 5 minutes except if they decide to check your passeport stamps.

They don't give you too much of a hint at the end of the interview. They usually conclude by saying that if they need additional info they will ask for it (meaning dreaded RQ) if they don't then ceremony within 2 months.
Basically you are kept in the dark after the interview ( and you will be probably depending on the mood of a CIC officer even though you have done everything by the book ).

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Richie... great information.

Other too please share anything that would help members who are yet to take the test.....

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passed test earlier today. It's quite simple. If you read the book and practice the online quizzes a few times it shouldn't be a problem. The questions are similar to those on the CIC website - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/games/how/ - though some were worded differently. All in all, nothing to be afraid of.

The interview after was just for document checking and a few questions - work, last trip outside Canada. The agent didn't check language proof, just IDs - but always better to carry all relevant documents, just in case.