+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test From Outside Canada

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I wasn't outside Canada when I got the test invite. There were a couple of September 2020 applicants who were outside Canada and what I quoted earlier was based on their experiences. IRCC accepted their request to take the test outside (after they sent an email to IRCC), they took the test outside Canada and the test results were successfully validated.

Re-scheduling, on the other hand, might take some time AFAIK. I recall at least one applicant who was rescheduled within a couple of weeks (can't seem to find that post).
Its funny to hear you saying that September 2020 applicants have passed! It always amazes me that there does not seem to be any clear priority of applicants by date! Impatiently waiting since May 2020. I will update the thread if and when I get the invite.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Its funny to hear you saying that September 2020 applicants have passed! It always amazes me that there does not seem to be any clear priority of applicants by date! Impatiently waiting since May 2020. I will update the thread if and when I get the invite.
Well, there was a wave of test invites for September 2020 applicants from offices in the GTA in June 2020. Currently, November 2020 applicants from Montreal are receiving test invites.

I hope you receive yours soon, I wish you all the very best. Good luck!

Reactions: Orlaith

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
People had to reschedule before June 19. Since then there is information in the test email itself on how to take the test from outside Canada.
Sorry I’m just wondering where the information is in the email as in the attachment all it says is if outside canada then email the relevant email address….so curious as to what you’re referring to….

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Sorry I’m just wondering where the information is in the email as in the attachment all it says is if outside canada then email the relevant email address….so curious as to what you’re referring to….
I think that its in pdf.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
I think that its in pdf.
Hi, yes it’s in the PDF but there’s no information as such how to take the test aside from send an email to a specific address and then wait there twiddling your thumbs whilst you wait in the dark wondering when on earth someone from cic will get back to you.
I guess what I’m getting at is that this forum is a wonderful mechanism for communication and clarity on things but like many others here (and myself included) we do try on the wording of other individuals replies and so I just ask for a little more clarity when posting replies BUT I’m grateful for the assistance that we get…I truly am! Thank you all

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi, yes it’s in the PDF but there’s no information as such how to take the test aside from send an email to a specific address and then wait there twiddling your thumbs whilst you wait in the dark wondering when on earth someone from cic will get back to you.
I guess what I’m getting at is that this forum is a wonderful mechanism for communication and clarity on things but like many others here (and myself included) we do try on the wording of other individuals replies and so I just ask for a little more clarity when posting replies BUT I’m grateful for the assistance that we get…I truly am! Thank you all
Its in the pdf as per cic and this member who received invite in new format.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html
"If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation. "

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-from-outside-canada.736512/#post-9508032

We dont have cic alternate hence we will have to deal with it. I am not sure why they cant simply allow people to take it online from outside but asked us to email and then they do something etc etc. Too many protection as if its the direct download of citizenship certificate. :rolleyes:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Its in the pdf as per cic and this member who received invite in new format.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html
"If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation. "

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-from-outside-canada.736512/#post-9508032

We dont have cic alternate hence we will have to deal with it. I am not sure why they cant simply allow people to take it online from outside but asked us to email and then they do something etc etc. Too many protection as if its the direct download of citizenship certificate. :rolleyes:
The content in the PDF isn't consistent. I've mentioned this before but @Nevine.Kassem and I received our test invitations on the same day (a few minutes apart, I guess) but he received it from Scarborough and I received it from Mississauga. The OP saw content that said "If you are outside Canada...." and the instructions were provided to send an email with the subject " Outside Canada - Citizenship Test" or something like that. I did NOT see any of that in my test invitation.

Looks like the different offices use different content on the forms but the reason is unclear.

Reactions: harirajmohan

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
My understanding from this conversation is that it is not the same for everyone. I will let everyone know what happens if I get my test invite and I am outside of Canada! Thanks for the discussion!

Reactions: harirajmohan

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
My understanding from this conversation is that it is not the same for everyone. I will let everyone know what happens if I get my test invite and I am outside of Canada! Thanks for the discussion!
Hi just wondering when you’ll be reaching out to them again, my wife has been waiting 2.5 weeks left without any reply of ‘next steps’ and myself 4 days. I’ll also keep you posted as to what happens.
Thanks
Dal

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi just wondering when you’ll be reaching out to them again, my wife has been waiting 2.5 weeks left without any reply of ‘next steps’ and myself 4 days. I’ll also keep you posted as to what happens.
Thanks
Dal
Hi there, no test invite for me yet sadly. I'll let you know.
Many thanks.

preet9192

May 13, 2021
@Fae7 @hallooo @yma981 @svk1520 @karlos85 @hungkubu @alex the king @rajkamalmohanram

Hi folks, just wanted to give you all an update. I had made this initial post.

So, since I had already postponed my initial test date since I was outside Canada. At that time there was no option to take test from outside. I wrote back to immigration asking if I can have the option to take the test from outside Canada now since some newer candidates was getting that option. It took a week, but they came back that I can take the test outside. So, they scheduled a new test for me. This will be very helpful.

In the response email I got from them, they said they are updating their systems to allow tests for people from outside. So, I am guessing if you are interested, you can request them and they would allow.

Hope this was helpful. Wish other here the very best of luck.
hello. Can you please share the email address that you used to sent mail to IRCC. Thanks if you can.

preet9192

May 13, 2021
I’m in a similar position, currently stuck in the UK for a number of reasons. They sent me an invite in April which I couldn’t do, they’ve now sent me another invite and the Outside of Canada eligibility thing is mentioned so I’ve relied back, my wife received it two weeks ago and is awaiting the next steps and hopefully a link to take the test online whilst we are in the Uk.
Hello. u said you received a another invite.
So in that invite, IRCC didn't provide you the test time frame, so that means you were not able to use that given time frame of the test????

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hello. u said you received a another invite.
So in that invite, IRCC didn't provide you the test time frame, so that means you were not able to use that given time frame of the test????
Yes there’s a timeframe present within the PDF but I’m not going to use that ad they haven’t given their permission for me to do so and have instead asked me to email them back stating ‘Outside Canada’ and then they will get back to me with the next steps.

preet9192

May 13, 2021
Yes there’s a timeframe present within the PDF but I’m not going to use that ad they haven’t given their permission for me to do so and have instead asked me to email them back stating ‘Outside Canada’ and then they will get back to me with the next steps.
So u didn’t got any response since you have emailed them that you are outside Canada. And your current invitation is expiring soon or had expired. So once we tell them that we re outside, the waiting time is again limitless.