+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test confirmation letter: Mail or Email?

AXMMS

Jan 13, 2014
Hello,

We recently received our citizenship test invites and will take the test next Monday (July 9). According to our online status, a new line was added as below

We sent you a notice on June 14, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 9, 2018 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Basically it says we will receive the notice by mail, which is our official confirmation. If not, contact them. Now it's already July 4th, and we haven't received the mail yet. Tried to reach CIC by calling them, but no success.

Are we going to receive an invite by mail or the email attachment is sufficient enough to attend the test?

Thank you for any response!

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hello,

We recently received our citizenship test invites and will take the test next Monday (July 9). According to our online status, a new line was added as below

We sent you a notice on June 14, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 9, 2018 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Basically it says we will receive the notice by mail, which is our official confirmation. If not, contact them. Now it's already July 4th, and we haven't received the mail yet. Tried to reach CIC by calling them, but no success.

Are we going to receive an invite by mail or the email attachment is sufficient enough to attend the test?

It's supposed to be e-mail ... call 4-5 times or more in a row until you reach someone ... it always works

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hello,

try a few times to call them. i tried back to back 11 times to get through once at 8 in the morning.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
also email or mail is location dependent i think. Many places have moved to the email system, some IRCC are still using mail.

AXMMS

Jan 13, 2014
try a few times to call them. i tried back to back 11 times to get through once at 8 in the morning.
Thank you very much for your response! Both my husband and I had been calling for couple hours with no success. That's why it's a bit frustrating.