+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview Took a Wrong Turn

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I''ve similar type of question. I'm SK nominee, landed in SK, initially lived in Regina with my uncle, then got apartment leased on my name, kids are going school, until 6 months i couldn't find job in Regina, sk. meanwhile i got one contract relevant to my NOC (based on which i got skilled immigration). I've used all the community service job help/placement services in Regina, there is little (almost none) job prospect in future in my field. I applied everywhere, relevant, irrelevant jobs, couldn't find a work there.

is it safe to move to other province where i am getting job relevant to my NOC? I can manage to gather all the record from my inbox.
Seems to me you've done everything you could. I'm sure some experts will chime in, but you should be okay to move in order to find work.

Reactions: abdulqayyum

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I''ve similar type of question. I'm SK nominee, landed in SK, initially lived in Regina with my uncle, then got apartment leased on my name, kids are going school, until 6 months i couldn't find job in Regina, sk. meanwhile i got one contract relevant to my NOC (based on which i got skilled immigration). I've used all the community service job help/placement services in Regina, there is little (almost none) job prospect in future in my field. I applied everywhere, relevant, irrelevant jobs, couldn't find a work there.

is it safe to move to other province where i am getting job relevant to my NOC? I can manage to gather all the record from my inbox.
You should not have any problems moving to another province. Based on the info you gave us, it is very clear that you tried to settle in SK.

Reactions: abdulqayyum

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
You should not have any problems moving to another province. Based on the info you gave us, it is very clear that you tried to settle in SK.
Thanks, another question is that do they raise any flag at the time of filing citizenship in such cases? i have didn't see any case reported on this forum?
So if i move, i will be changing my IDs (health card) to ontario and filing the tax in ontario too (not sk), would it be ok?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Thanks, another question is that do they raise any flag at the time of filing citizenship in such cases? i have didn't see any case reported on this forum?
So if i move, i will be changing my IDs (health card) to ontario and filing the tax in ontario too (not sk), would it be ok?
No, there should be no problem. Just keep some proof that you tried to settle in SK (records like your lease agreement, kids school records, job applications in SK, etc). It sounds you have plenty. With that proof, you should be fine.

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to share that on ecas my status says "Decision Made". Does that mean I am receiving oath invitation soon? I am surprised there was no follow-up to the incident that happened during my interview, may be I was stressing out for no reason. Thanks all for your inputs.

Reactions: vasvas and sns204

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Just wanted to share that on ecas my status says "Decision Made". Does that mean I am receiving oath invitation soon? I am surprised there was no follow-up to the incident that happened during my interview, may be I was stressing out for no reason. Thanks all for your inputs.
Odds are very high this does mean you will be scheduled for the Oath

Whether that is soon, however, is relative. Perhaps quite soon, or within weeks, or within months.

This outcome should be no surprise. But it should also be a relief. There was reason to be apprehensive. Odds were very good this would not be a problem for YOU, but there was no guarantee of that. Even at this stage, while the Decision Made means it is very, very likely all is well and you will relatively-soon be scheduled for the oath, there remains some chance of a collateral investigation stalling the process (to emphasize: this is NOT likely, and even if it happens that is NOT likely to be a serious problem) .

Congratulations are likely to be in order, again relatively-soon.

Your report back is also appreciated because it always helps to see how such matters turn out.

And similarly, when you finally are scheduled for the oath, which again should be relatively-soon, another report will be appreciated.

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
That is good to hear... I think a more prudent approach would be to order your GCMS notes....

I don’t mean to stress you but chances are very high that you are okay....

Decision made however can be both ways... there have been cases where the decision made has been negative based on a prohibition.... GCMS notes would show if all is well especially the prohibition part...

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Wow big releif for you. Congrats

Do you have update on your friend ? did IRCC contacted him ?

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow big releif for you. Congrats

Do you have update on your friend ? did IRCC contacted him ?
Unfortunately, I am not in speaking terms with this fellow. I would not know what's happening with him, although I wish good luck to him and his family.

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is good to hear... I think a more prudent approach would be to order your GCMS notes....

I don’t mean to stress you but chances are very high that you are okay....

Decision made however can be both ways... there have been cases where the decision made has been negative based on a prohibition.... GCMS notes would show if all is well especially the prohibition part...
I am sure this must have been discussed elsewhere on the forum. Is there a link on how to obtain GCMS notes? If it does not take long I would do that just for peace of mind. Thanks

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to you and I m sure you are glad it's over soon
Very much so. All the best to everyone. I was so stressed right after my test/interview. Very happy it's almost over.