N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
BTW, the friend should be revoked of PR - ppl wait years to get in and this is total cheating
Absolutely!! I couldn't agree with you more! This "friend" should definitely have his/her PR revoked and face some really harsh penalties (like a 10-year ban maybe). People say this is a "victim-less" crime, but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

In fact, the OP here is a victim as well. Even if the final approval of one's citizenship application is not in jeopardy, there is the potential for all kinds of delays etc. Luckily in this case it ended well. Secondly, we are all victims of this kind of fraud!

I've always maintained that the Canadian immigration rules are extremely generous, and it is an absolute shame when you have people like this trying to "game the system". It makes immigration officials cynical towards all of us! This kind of rampant fraud, is exactly why you have those of us who play by the rules, unnecessarily drawn into all these secondary reviews, and be subject to constant suspicion around violations of residency obligations etc.

And BTW, congratulations OP for a successful outcome!

Last edited:
Reactions: zardoz

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
I''ve similar type of question. I'm SK nominee, landed in SK, initially lived in Regina with my uncle, then got apartment leased on my name, kids are going school, until 6 months i couldn't find job in Regina, sk. meanwhile i got one contract relevant to my NOC (based on which i got skilled immigration). I've used all the community service job help/placement services in Regina, there is little (almost none) job prospect in future in my field. I applied everywhere, relevant, irrelevant jobs, couldn't find a work there.

is it safe to move to other province where i am getting job relevant to my NOC? I can manage to gather all the record from my inbox.
Your case is completely different. As long as you did not do anything to indicate you were planning all along to never settle in the Province that nominated you, there should be absolutely no problem. Once you get your green card you are free to move anywhere you wish.

The fact that you actually lived and established a life in that province for a period of time (6 months in your case) is clear enough proof for any official that you did not have any fraudulent intent, in the extremely unlikely event anyone even questions your PR approval. The fact that you tried to obtain employment is just icing on the cake (not really necessary, but makes your case even more airtight)

The Immigration department is not constantly following people to see if they fulfilled their stated intentions. That is why so many people try and "game the system", and actually get away with it. In the above mentioned case, this "friend" of the OP got caught, when the OP was applying for their citizenship.

Last edited:

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Your case is completely different. As long as you did not do anything to indicate you were planning all along to never settle in the Province that nominated you, there should be absolutely no problem. Once you get your green card you are free to move anywhere you wish.

The fact that you actually lived and established a life in that province for a period of time (6 months in your case) is clear enough proof for any official that you did not have any fraudulent intent, in the extremely unlikely event anyone even questions your PR approval. The fact that you tried to obtain employment is just icing on the cake (not really necessary, but makes your case even more airtight)

The Immigration department is not constantly following people to see if they fulfilled their stated intentions. That is why so many people try and "game the system", and actually get away with it. In the above mentioned case, this "friend" of the OP got caught, when the OP was applying for their citizenship.
thanks for ur detailed answer, i (whole family) already holds PR. i was just wondering if incase some questions arise at the time of applying for citizenship after completing 3 years in canada, rest assure you opinion is same with many other experts said about it. thanks.