+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview Questions

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all

I am a type of person who gets shy, embarrassed and confused when I have face to face interview. I want to prepare and warm up myself to the interview questions. I appreciate if you can help in this matter. What questions do usually the interviewer ask? How long does it take? Plz help

T

skywards747

Mar 15, 2008
Tamara_ said:
Dear all

I am a type of person who gets shy, embarrassed and confused when I have face to face interview. I want to prepare and warm up myself to the interview questions. I appreciate if you can help in this matter. What questions do usually the interviewer ask? How long does it take? Plz help

T
They are not going to ask you any difficult questions. The interview, as I understand is for two primary purposes. One is to evaluate your language ability (English or French) and other is to verify what you have stated in the application form.

The topics will be about your work and family. As soon as the officer realizes that you are confident in conversing in your language of choice, it becomes a conversation than a formal interview.

The best preparation is for you to do some mock interviews with family / friends.

Memorize your home and work addresses and telephone numbers including postal codes as well as the name and contact details of the immediate supervisor. I have seen an applicant stammering to answer the home address. Ensure that your answers are in line with what you stated in the application form.

Good luck !!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Tamara_ said:
Dear all

T
All I can say is practice makes the man perfect. Also, interview is a formal approach however, once you strike the conversation confidently then everything will go smooth. Don't get scared and be confident and make direct eye contact with the officer. Stammering or getting confused or being nervous is not a good sign and it does not create a good impression.

During my interview I greeted the officer and he asked for my well being and I asked about his well being too. He said "Thank you for asking". Then he started asking about my work, my family and i confidently replied and then it was fun (even though i made sure to make the interview formal and in professional manner). At the end, he congratulated me and told me that he has approved my citizenship application and I will receive oath invite in 2-3 months.

My best wishes with you and good luck!

At my time of interview,

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
All I can say is practice makes the man perfect. Also, interview is a formal approach however, once you strike the conversation confidently then everything will go smooth. Don't get scared and be confident and make direct eye contact with the officer. Stammering or getting confused or being nervous is not a good sign and it does not create a good impression.

During my interview I greeted the officer and he asked for my well being and I asked about his well being too. He said "Thank you for asking". Then he started asking about my work, my family and i confidently replied and then it was fun (even though i made sure to make the interview formal and in professional manner). At the end, he congratulated me and told me that he has approved my citizenship application and I will receive oath invite in 2-3 months.

My best wishes with you and good luck!

At my time of interview,
thecoolguysam, Thanks a lot for your advise. ;)

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skywards747 said:
They are not going to ask you any difficult questions. The interview, as I understand is for two primary purposes. One is to evaluate your language ability (English or French) and other is to verify what you have stated in the application form.

The topics will be about your work and family. As soon as the officer realizes that you are confident in conversing in your language of choice, it becomes a conversation than a formal interview.

The best preparation is for you to do some mock interviews with family / friends.

Memorize your home and work addresses and telephone numbers including postal codes as well as the name and contact details of the immediate supervisor. I have seen an applicant stammering to answer the home address. Ensure that your answers are in line with what you stated in the application form.

Good luck !!!
skywards747, That is really good information. Thanks a lot

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just relax. You are being worried too much about your interview based on your recent threads. Don't stress over it. Think you are going to talk to a friend or something. So simple....