+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Grant - Program Support Unit

abdul538

Mar 26, 2015
Hi,

I applied for my citizenship in September and today i received a letter saying my application has been sent to Program Support Unit and i read some threads it looks like its going to be a long wait.

Does anybody else recently seen this in their application...

abdul538

Mar 26, 2015
Did you change your name or ask for citizenship in a different name?
I use the same name format which i use for applying PR but i don't have a surname in my passport so they did put my name in Last Name for PR card and in citizenship forms i put last name because it was mandatory field so this may be the reason. what do you think?

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
I use the same name format which i use for applying PR but i don't have a surname in my passport so they did put my name in Last Name for PR card and in citizenship forms i put last name because it was mandatory field so this may be the reason. what do you think?
I'm not 100% sure but I asked because a very quick Google showed that a few people had this happen due to name issues on the application.

frange

May 25, 2018
Did you remember that I ask that question? According to people's experience any misspelling, typos or mistakes in your name could lead to PSU.
You can be subject to a long wait because of that.

abdul538

Mar 26, 2015
Did you remember that I ask that question? According to people's experience any misspelling, typos or mistakes in your name could lead to PSU.
You can be subject to a long wait because of that.
Basically i did the same name format when i applied for my PR at that they didn't say it was a problem why now?

should i send some explanation or something any suggestions?

abdul538

Mar 26, 2015
How can we request for urgent processing ? what is the criteria for it? under what circumstances we can request it?