+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship calculator

salt.life1920

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Hi can someone please share the calculator to know when can we apply for the citizenship in Canada after hearing and pr

Jok Sue

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
To add to that, if you hold previous trp/status before nod that can be added into calculation...provided within the last 5yrs window
Huh? So if I entered Canada using a TRP (Tourist Visa), the count starts from the date the TRP was issued? I am confused!

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Huh? So if I entered Canada using a TRP (Tourist Visa), the count starts from the date the TRP was issued? I am confused!
Did you visit as a tourist in the last 5 years and for how long?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Not as a tourist, TRP ( Study Permit and Work permit). There is difference between TRP and TRV….

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Did you visit as a tourist in the last 5 years and for how long?
You can count up to one year prior to receiving your PR. Each day prior counts for 1/2 day in the calculation.

“Calculating residence/physical presence for applications received before June 11, 2015
For applications received before June 11, 2015, under paragraph 5(1)(c) of the Act, the applicant must have accumulated at least three years (1095 days) of residence in Canada within the four years immediately preceding the date the applicant signed the application.

The calculation of residence cannot go beyond the four-year period before the date of application.
Each day of residence in Canada after lawful admission for permanent residence counts as one day.
Each day before lawful admission for permanent residence counts as one half day.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/residence/calculate-physical-presence.html

Reactions: sohaib1

Cool2021

Jul 30, 2021
The count starts once you receive a positive "Notice of Decision" letter. That letter will have the date stamp.
That’s not true.

• each day you were physically present in Canada as an authorized temporary resident or protected person before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day (up to a maximum of 365 days);

Cayman

Dec 12, 2021
That’s not true.

• each day you were physically present in Canada as an authorized temporary resident or protected person before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day (up to a maximum of 365 days);
It‘s from the official physical presence calculator:

Important notice for former refugee claimants and/or PRRA applicants

If you were issued work or study permits while your refugee claim and/or Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) was being assessed, these documents did not grant you Temporary Resident status. You cannot use this period of time in your physical presence calculation.

If you are claiming time as a Protected Person, the only time allowed is the time from when you received a positive Protected Person decision on your refugee claim or PRRA application until the day before you became a permanent resident.