+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

aasiff110

Feb 10, 2018
hello all,
its been more then 3 months, I have done my FP. IRCC received FP on 13 Feb. but after that no update from IRCC no update online.
is it normal.

Humber2014

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
Nomination.....
26-01-2015
Med's Request
13-03-2015
Med's Done....
Rec'd 28-04-2015
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
LANDED..........
14-06-2015
Can anyone tell me the link to order the Canada Border document to show all entries and exits for Canada?

abirdie

Oct 1, 2012
hello all,
its been more then 3 months, I have done my FP. IRCC received FP on 13 Feb. but after that no update from IRCC no update online.
is it normal.
Hi,
Same here.. Sent the FP end of Feb to St Clair office, no updates yet.
It is so frustrating, why don't they ask and make it mandatory while submitting the application to avoid such huge delays.
It is so unfair, people who applied months later are invited to write exam because they were not asked to submit FPs.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi,
It is so frustrating, why don't they ask and make it mandatory while submitting the application to avoid such huge delays.
It is so unfair, people who applied months later are invited to write exam because they were not asked to submit FPs.
FPs are required for background checks. Depending on a person's history and background, checks could take longer. It's not intentionally designed to slow your application. They need to make sure applicants are clean before making them Citizens. It's not a trivial matter, IMO.

Please feel free to check out the following link, that explains background checks in detail.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

Last edited:

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
*update*

Good Morning Folks,

Just received the magic email from SURREY IRCC about oath ceremony.

OATH EMAIL: MAY 02
OATH DATE: MAY 29

No change in ECAS about oath yet, if anyone curious. It may update later.

Reactions: MissFrowz

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
no DM yet ?
Just Got decision made today.
Took 2.5 months after fingerprint and 3 months after test.
Now the wait begins for Oath invite.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Just Got decision made today.
Took 2.5 months after fingerprint and 3 months after test.
Now the wait begins for Oath invite.
Congrats ... hope my turn will be soon

srbhsoman

Mar 5, 2018
Finally, I have "Decision Made" today....

2.5 months after test.

For record: I had requested urgent processing on 6th April. I received reply on 12th april stating "Your request has been received and forwarded to the local office for review."

My timeline and location are available in excel spreadsheet. Hopefully, now, oath will be soon.

To moderator: I will post this across two more threads that I "watch". Hopefully, you won't see it as spam.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi,
Just have some patience, they will get to it.
Usually what happens, based on my experience, is that RCMP completes and sends results to IRCC fairly quickly as long as you do not have any criminal records. This gets added to your file and a Due Date of about 1-2 months is set for review. From what I have seen, the local office required to review often misses this due date. But they eventually get to it within 3 months for most.

For those who get the FP request before their test date, they get lucky because the IRCC has to look at their files after the test to update the test scores and at the same time any pending reviews also gets resolved. This is why you see a lot of applicants get Decision Made very soon after their test.

abirdie

Oct 1, 2012
FPs are required for background checks. Depending on a person's history and background, checks could take longer. It's not intentionally designed to slow your application. They need to make sure applicants are clean before making them Citizens. It's not a trivial matter, IMO.

Please feel free to check out the following link, that explains background checks in detail.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/
I am saying why not ask for FP when application is being submitted to avoid delays... ? just like police verification is sent with PR application, they should make FP mandatory for everyone and should ask it while submitting application.
If RCMP has given clean records then what's the delay? I am seeing that St Clair office is super slow in processing.
Ofcourse every individual should be checked, so why not ask every individual for FP and make it mandatory.
This going back and forth for FP is just so stupid process...

abirdie

Oct 1, 2012
Just have some patience, they will get to it.
Usually what happens, based on my experience, is that RCMP completes and sends results to IRCC fairly quickly as long as you do not have any criminal records. This gets added to your file and a Due Date of about 1-2 months is set for review. From what I have seen, the local office required to review often misses this due date. But they eventually get to it within 3 months for most.

For those who get the FP request before their test date, they get lucky because the IRCC has to look at their files after the test to update the test scores and at the same time any pending reviews also gets resolved. This is why you see a lot of applicants get Decision Made very soon after their test.
Patience is really the key here :)
I just hope there is no further delays after FP, been waiting for citizenship for long time.........