+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I am saying why not ask for FP when application is being submitted to avoid delays... ? just like police verification is sent with PR application, they should make FP mandatory for everyone and should ask it while submitting application.
If RCMP has given clean records then what's the delay? I am seeing that St Clair office is super slow in processing.
Ofcourse every individual should be checked, so why not ask every individual for FP and make it mandatory.
This going back and forth for FP is just so stupid process...
Sometimes we forget that the route to becoming a Citizen in Canada is one of the fastest in the entire world.

Does not make sense to ask everyone for fingerprints when clearly they don't need it from everyone. It's overkill. Plus doing fingerprints is not free.
Perhaps, your name is common and matched with someone in the RCMP database (partial or full), or perhaps you were randomly selected to provide fingerprints. It's called QoS - Quality of Service.

We need to stop micro managing the process and wait our turn. IRCC advertises 12 months. Till 12 months are up, people should focus on their lives and enjoy the weather.

Alyssagreen

Dec 17, 2017
Hello admin please update:

My ecas shows the notice to appear and take the oath was sent on May 3rd. The ceremony is going to be held on May 31st.

I haven't received the actual mail yet.

Thank you.

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
Hi guys, My File is in process since Dec 13 and Office is Mississauga. I ordered GCMP Notes and this is in my notes. Any idea what this all means..

Looks like nothing is started except criminality but Paper File it says location Test Ready Tagged.. anyone know what all this means

Clearance Request :
RCMP : Y

Assessments

Knowledge : NOT Started
Residence : Not Started
Language : Not Started

Prohibition : Not Started
Criminality: Passed

PAPER FILE
Office : Mississauga IRCC

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Looks like nothing is started except criminality but Paper File it says location Test Ready Tagged.. anyone know what all this means
It means the SAME thing NOT having obtained a copy of GCMS notes means: you need to WAIT, and in the meantime watch for IRCC communications or notices, and respond accordingly. Same as every other applicant.

These GCMS notes are rife with default codes which illuminate nothing. If and when there is an action noted that could indicate the applicant needs or should or even could do something, the applicant is going to get communication or notice of that soon enough anyway, and there is NOTHING, nothing at all the applicant can do BEFORE getting the communication or notice. In other words, the applicant who does not obtain a copy of GCMS notes will learn everything the applicant needs to know to make any decision the SAME as the applicant who obtains GCMS. For emphasis: there is NOTHING gained by obtaining a generic copy of applicant's GCMS notes.

Reminder 1: the GCMS notes obtained by a generic ATIP request are largely if not entirely uninformative. The only impact the request has is to add an additional entry documenting the applicant's request into the IRCC's GCMS records for the citizenship application. The only thing this accomplishes, and only if a processing agent notices this, is to alert a processing agent the applicant has an unusual concern about his or her case. Most of the time that probably triggers no more than a shrug, if even that, but who knows if or when this might tip the scales and invite the processing agent to question why is it that this applicant is worried enough to make this request. The question, then, is whether this could lead the processing agent to divert the application from a routine processing track in order to probe that question.

Reminder 2: IRCC is a bureaucracy, a big bureaucracy, about as big as bureaucracies go in Canada. A bureaucracy is what a bureaucracy does. What bureaucracies DO NOT DO, not well, is efficiently handle matters involving non-routine diversions. While there are varying, differing philosophies about how to best approach a bureaucratic process, for a process like citizenship application processing, which is generally a routine procedure for tens of thousands of cases a year, most of the evidence strongly suggests that the easiest and fastest path through is the path of least resistance, the path with fewer bumps or side questions, the path without diversions. Thus there is a lot to be said for an approach that is largely hands-off, an approach that gets everything right up front so there is no need to make supplemental changes later, an approach that minimizes the chance of non-routine questions or concerns, an approach that aims to minimize action on the application, an approach which attempts to avoid doing anything which suggest the application is unusual or different from other routine applications or which might otherwise bump the application off the mainstream routine track.

Summary: It is not necessarily a mistake to tamper with the routine bureaucratic process. But for the vast majority of citizenship applicants, there is no reason to take even small risks of bumping a processing agent even a little. Why do anything which has any risk at all, even if a small risk, if it has no more than an infinitesimal chance of helping?

Edit to add: Citizenship application processing, like many highly routine bureaucratic processes, is NOT a squeaky-wheel-gets-the-oil scenario. Actually, the opposite. The squeaky wheel may attract additional, unwanted scrutiny.

Jass.5k

Apr 7, 2018
It means the SAME thing NOT having obtained a copy of GCMS notes means: you need to WAIT, and in the meantime watch for IRCC communications or notices, and respond accordingly. Same as every other applicant.

These GCMS notes are rife with default codes which illuminate nothing. If and when there is an action noted that could indicate the applicant needs or should or even could do something, the applicant is going to get communication or notice of that soon enough anyway, and there is NOTHING, nothing at all the applicant can do BEFORE getting the communication or notice. In other words, the applicant who does not obtain a copy of GCMS notes will learn everything the applicant needs to know to make any decision the SAME as the applicant who obtains GCMS. For emphasis: there is NOTHING gained by obtaining a generic copy of applicant's GCMS notes.

Reminder 1: the GCMS notes obtained by a generic ATIP request are largely if not entirely uninformative. The only impact the request has is to add an additional entry documenting the applicant's request into the IRCC's GCMS records for the citizenship application. The only thing this accomplishes, and only if a processing agent notices this, is to alert a processing agent the applicant has an unusual concern about his or her case. Most of the time that probably triggers no more than a shrug, if even that, but who knows if or when this might tip the scales and invite the processing agent to question why is it that this applicant is worried enough to make this request. The question, then, is whether this could lead the processing agent to divert the application from a routine processing track in order to probe that question.

Reminder 2: IRCC is a bureaucracy, a big bureaucracy, about as big as bureaucracies go in Canada. A bureaucracy is what a bureaucracy does. What bureaucracies DO NOT DO, not well, is efficiently handle matters involving non-routine diversions. While there are varying, differing philosophies about how to best approach a bureaucratic process, for a process like citizenship application processing, which is generally a routine procedure for tens of thousands of cases a year, most of the evidence strongly suggests that the easiest and fastest path through is the path of least resistance, the path with fewer bumps or side questions, the path without diversions. Thus there is a lot to be said for an approach that is largely hands-off, an approach that gets everything right up front so there is no need to make supplemental changes later, an approach that minimizes the chance of non-routine questions or concerns, an approach that aims to minimize action on the application, an approach which attempts to avoid doing anything which suggest the application is unusual or different from other routine applications or which might otherwise bump the application off the mainstream routine track.

Summary: It is not necessarily a mistake to tamper with the routine bureaucratic process. But for the vast majority of citizenship applicants, there is no reason to take even small risks of bumping a processing agent even a little. Why do anything which has any risk at all, even if a small risk, if it has no more than an infinitesimal chance of helping?

Edit to add: Citizenship application processing, like many highly routine bureaucratic processes, is NOT a squeaky-wheel-gets-the-oil scenario. Actually, the opposite. The squeaky wheel may attract additional, unwanted scrutiny.
Olive oil :D

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012

Thanks i understand and it doesn't make a difference to me if they make a decision now or in 6 months as long as process is completed within 12 months, fingers crossed.

I was just curious about those terms in the sense of timeline.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I was just curious about those terms in the sense of timeline.
Understood.

To be clear, however, a tea leaves reading will provide as much insight in the sense of the timeline. Or a five dollar session with a store-front psychic. Self-cooked seance likewise. Or, say, consulting an ouija board. Indeed, there are many other equally informative (as in NOT informative) sources, in the sense of timeline.

In the meantime, based on historical outcomes and relatively recent (last year and a half or so) trends, odds are good all is well and you will enjoy a routine timeline, oath likely to happen in a range between five months and a year from date of application (or perhaps a little longer for the surge of applications since October 11, 2017).

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Could someone update my info on the spreadsheet.
Got Oath invite today. Invite date on 18 May.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting

funmax6

Jun 10, 2014
My citizenship journey. May be helpful for others. Applied in October 2017 as a family from Windsor area. CIC received the application on Oct 16, 2017. AOR on Nov 6, 2017. In process on Dec 6, 2017. Requested ATIP notes on Feb 9, 2018 morning (Friday) since there was no communication for 2 months. Received the notes after a month. The notes indicated that it was received on Feb 12, 2018 (Monday). But the interesting thing is that I received the test invite few hours after raising the ATIP request. It could be a coincidence.
The test was in March for my wife and I. Both cleared test 20/20. We were over prepared for the test. By the time we took the test, my wife and I have read the Discover Canada book atleast 20 times. We have taken all the available free tests. My wife was better prepared than me. She could close the book and recite all the dates.

We were first to be invited for the interview on that day and it went well. The officer verified all of our documents including the children's documents. From the time of application to the interview, my children's passport expired and wife's health card expired. We renewed and took both old as well as the new documents (passport, health card) to the interview. The officer appreciated that and made a note of that on the long form that she had. My wife was a home maker during this time but she volunteered at the elementary school for few years. So even if a reference was needed to verify her, we had that in place. I work and had T4s and payslips to prove it. By the interview time, we were in Canada for 6+ years. We had all of our children's school records. We offered to show the officer those. She glanced at it but didn't need to verify everything. I crossed to US may be for couple of times and only had 2-3 vacations in the past 6+ years. So my physical residence calculator was very short. After we signed in the places that the officer requested, she looked at her calendar and asked us if we were available in April for oath ceremony. We said yes immediately. Status changed to Decision made the following day but no update to the number of lines in ecas.

During the last week of March, I called the call center to know when can we expect the oath invite. It took me few tries to reach out to an agent. The call center agent said it will be very soon. That afternoon, we got the oath invite. Again this could be a coincidence like the ATIP earlier. We took the oath in April and became Canadian citizens.

TIP 1:From what I observed, if you miss the first two working hours of the day, it is nearly impossible to reach the call center agent.
TIP 2: We took our children to the ceremony. It took nearly 2 hours to finish the ceremony. If you have small children, it may be better to plan ahead for day care. If you walk out for bathroom for your kid during the ceremony, then you are locked out and can't get back.

tiamo

Jun 15, 2017
Please update, thanks
Name: Tiamo
Application date: Oct 11, 2017
AOR: Dec 1, 2017
Finger Print Letter: Jan 18, 2018 but I was outside of Canada, contacted CIC rep on CIC website for postpone the date
Finger Print date: Feb 26, 2018
Test invitation: Mar 8, 2018
Test date: Apr 18, 2018 (pass 20/20)
Decision made: Apr 25, 2018
Oath letter: still waiting