+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application - IELTS

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Rigly68 said:
If you do not use the Physical Presence Calculator then you will have to use form CIT 0407: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0407E-2.pdf
Thanks Rigly68

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Hi Experts

Please advise :

1- At the time of sending Citizenship Application we have to send only documents as per checklist or other documents for our residency like Bank/Credit Card Statements, Mortgage deed, Job letter, Tax, Utility bills etc

2 - We have to send applications of all Family Members altogether or separately

Thanks

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Send those docs as required per checklist. Other docs you can use if further details are asked during RQ.
2. You can send it together or separately. If you have minor children, one of your application should be send along with the kids.

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ajithpl said:
1. Send those docs as required per checklist. Other docs you can use if further details are asked during RQ.
2. You can send it together or separately. If you have minor children, one of your application should be send along with the kids.
Thanks ajithpl

Do you have any idea what difference it will make for Single / Family Citizenship Applications ?

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Hi Experts

Can you please advise,

1- Can we send Citizenship Application with 30 days extra stay i.e. they require 1460 days presence, if we completed 1490 days, is it ok to send ?

2 - One of family member applied in 2011 and withdrawn later on, is it makes any negative effect while sending application now ?

3 - Considering second clause can we send All applications altogether or separately so won't be effected by their decision ?

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Indiacan said:
Hi Experts

Can you please advise,

1- Can we send Citizenship Application with 30 days extra stay i.e. they require 1460 days presence, if we completed 1490 days, is it ok to send ?

2 - One of family member applied in 2011 and withdrawn later on, is it makes any negative effect while sending application now ?

3 - Considering second clause can we send All applications altogether or separately so won't be effected by their decision ?

Thanks
1. If you are sure about your absences from Canada, extra thirty days buffer should be fine. However, i personally would apply with 60 days of buffer just to be on the safe side.

2. May be, it's up to CIC

3. That has negative effect too, if you apply separately, cic may get doubts you why you applied separately when everyone was eligible together. If you apply together, if one's case is stuck, then i am not sure if there is a way to separately process other applicant's application. Do a online search for splitting application when one applicant's processing is stuck.

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
1. If you are sure about your absences from Canada, extra thirty days buffer should be fine. However, i personally would apply with 60 days of buffer just to be on the safe side.

2. May be, it's up to CIC

3. That has negative effect too, if you apply separately, cic may get doubts you why you applied separately when everyone was eligible together. If you apply together, if one's case is stuck, then i am not sure if there is a way to separately process other applicant's application. Do a online search for splitting application when one applicant's processing is stuck.
Thanks thecoolguysa, searched on CIC but not getting any info....still confused for 2nd and 3rd one

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Hi Experts

Can you please advise for Citizenship Application

1 - Filed taxes for last six years, what we have to write in Section J (Income Tax Information) under column " Required to File " Yes or No

2 - New passport issued in 2011 for myself and 2009 for spouse, do we have to send copy of old passport too

3 - Do we have to send Black n White copy or color copy of passport

While paying online Citizenship fees, which option to select

Citizenship Applications
Adult Grant of Citizenship (Adoption) - Processing and Right of Citizenship fees $630.00
Adult Grant of Citizenship - Processing and Right of Citizenship fees $630.00

Thanks

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you even bothered to read the instruction how to fill out the forms and gather documents?!?! Most of your questions are answered there.
Indiacan said:
Hi Experts

1 - Filed taxes for last six years, what we have to write in Section J (Income Tax Information) under column " Required to File " Yes or No

2 - New passport issued in 2011 for myself and 2009 for spouse, do we have to send copy of old passport too

Citizenship Applications
Adult Grant of Citizenship (Adoption) - Processing and Right of Citizenship fees $630.00

Thanks

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Indiacan said:
Hi Experts

Citizenship Applications

Thanks
Answers:

1) You mark, "Yes"

2) You have to send copies of all passport in your possession since you first landed in Canada. ALL. This is really vital if you don't want unnecessary delays. (Just a note, I applied in 2012 and withdrew in June 2016. Reapplied again in Aug 2016, and I am taking my oath on the 15th of December. So,withdrawing an application does not affect the new application if there are consistencies. Also, on your question on if you can move out immediately after your application. Well, when I went for my interview, my CBSA report was with the person interviewing me. So, they can figure out that you left immediately after application. And they might question your intent to stay after getting your citizenship. I would advise that you wait just 4-6 more months for the whole process, and you leave after that.)

3. You pay for this. "Adult Grant of Citizenship - Processing and Right of Citizenship fees $630.00"

All the best.

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
tintin said:
Answers:

1) You mark, "Yes"

2) You have to send copies of all passport in your possession since you first landed in Canada. ALL. This is really vital if you don't want unnecessary delays. (Just a note, I applied in 2012 and withdrew in June 2016. Reapplied again in Aug 2016, and I am taking my oath on the 15th of December. So,withdrawing an application does not affect the new application if there are consistencies. Also, on your question on if you can move out immediately after your application. Well, when I went for my interview, my CBSA report was with the person interviewing me. So, they can figure out that you left immediately after application. And they might question your intent to stay after getting your citizenship. I would advise that you wait just 4-6 more months for the whole process, and you leave after that.)

3. You pay for this. "Adult Grant of Citizenship - Processing and Right of Citizenship fees $630.00"

All the best.
Thanks a lot Tintin, do you know what it means by "Required to File" ? one of my friend send forms with marking 'No' but he already filed for all six years so 'Yes' in Second column " Taxes Filed "

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indiacan said:
Hi

Can we send Black n White copy or color copy of passport, please advise

Thanks
You can use black and white copy. Requirement is clear and legible but in either color or black and white.

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Rigly68 said:
You can use black and white copy. Requirement is clear and legible but in either color or black and white.
Thanks Rigly68

Few applicants received email/letter for sending color copy of passport after some time, that's why concerned for this issue, don't want to delay processing

Regards

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Hi Friends

We signed Citizenship Application on Dec 15, 2016 and fees paid on Dec 17, 2016, while mailing application on Dec 19, 2016

Is it ok that fees paid later than date of signing, please advise

Thanks