+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application - IELTS

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Hi

We are planning to file Citizenship, just waiting for new rules, can you please advise

1 - My wife filed citizenship in 2010 and CIC asked for so many documents to prove residency and we were out of country so we withdrawn application (at the same time our intention was not to settle in Canada) but we returned in 2012 and renewed PR card

Please advise for this question in the Citizenship Form
Ques 2 - I have Canadian Citizenship Before : If we say Yes, is it make any difference, any chances of cross examination that why it was withdrawn etc

2 - I completed my college/bachelors in English Medium and also have transcript and college certificate, still I have to go for IELTS or English test

Thanks

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will start with no. 2 first.

Page four off the application, section 7.

the second choice is:

Diploma,certificate or transcript(s) that is also to be used as proof of education

Why do not u tick this choice?

As for number one, I know of ppl who submitted false documents and were discovered. They had to resubmit in May 2012. Jan 2015 they called them for the test and they have not been called for the oath yet. a well-deserved punishment :)

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Loulou79 said:
Will start with no. 2 first.

Page four off the application, section 7.

the second choice is:

Diploma,certificate or transcript(s) that is also to be used as proof of education

Why do not u tick this choice?

As for number one, I know of ppl who submitted false documents and were discovered. They had to resubmit in May 2012. Jan 2015 they called them for the test and they have not been called for the oath yet. a well-deserved punishment :)
Thanks Loulou79

What we can do for Application made earlier and withdrawn, do we have to tick mark or not ?

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Citizenship - IELTS - Can we leave country after filing Citizenship Application

Hi Friends

At present do we have to follow 6 years rule or 4 years rule ?

Can we leave country after filing Citizenship Application, please advise

Thanks

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Citizenship - IELTS - Can we leave country after filing Citizenship Application

Indiacan said:
Hi Friends

At present do we have to follow 6 years rule or 4 years rule ?

Can we leave country after filing Citizenship Application, please advise

Thanks
It is the 4/6 year rule...be here 4 years out of the past 6 years.

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Re: Citizenship - IELTS - Can we leave country after filing Citizenship Application

Rigly68 said:
It is the 4/6 year rule...be here 4 years out of the past 6 years.
Thanks Rigly68, can we move out after filing Citizenship Application...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Indiacan said:
Hi

We are planning to file Citizenship, just waiting for new rules, can you please advise

1 - My wife filed citizenship in 2010 and CIC asked for so many documents to prove residency and we were out of country so we withdrawn application (at the same time our intention was not to settle in Canada) but we returned in 2012 and renewed PR card

Please advise for this question in the Citizenship Form
Ques 2 - I have Canadian Citizenship Before : If we say Yes, is it make any difference, any chances of cross examination that why it was withdrawn etc

2 - I completed my college/bachelors in English Medium and also have transcript and college certificate, still I have to go for IELTS or English test

Thanks
For Q2, you can submit the copies of the education documents. CIC once opens your package and reviews your documents then would only be able to determine whether it would be accepted as language proof or not.
Does your degree state "English Medium"? If not, get a letter from your college/university stating that the language of instruction during the studies was english.

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
For Q2, you can submit the copies of the education documents. CIC once opens your package and reviews your documents then would only be able to determine whether it would be accepted as language proof or not.
Does your degree state "English Medium"? If not, get a letter from your college/university stating that the language of instruction during the studies was english.
Thanks thecoolguysam

can we move out after filing Citizenship Application...

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indiacan said:
Thanks thecoolguysam

can we move out after filing Citizenship Application...
How will you attend test and oath when you plan to move out after filing . since atleast one of them may come via snail mail.

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
march2016 said:
How will you attend test and oath when you plan to move out after filing . since atleast one of them may come via snail mail.
Not permanently...it's for time being, is there any specific rule that we can't leave country after filing application

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indiacan said:
Not permanently...it's for time being, is there any specific rule that we can't leave country after filing application
Have a look at the links given in my post and others in this thread

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/citizenship-processing-time-travel-out-side-of-canada-t451835.0.html

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Hi

Please advise :

Do we have to use Physical Presence Calculator OR we can make our own calculation and submit with Application

Thanks

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indiacan said:
Hi

Please advise :

Do we have to use Physical Presence Calculator OR we can make our own calculation and submit with Application

Thanks
If you do not use the Physical Presence Calculator then you will have to use form CIT 0407: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0407E-2.pdf