+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Power to you Ryan, I really wanted to command you for taking these steps to sue these incoherent, incompetent and useless people over at CIC.
This is really what we all need to do, it is completely unacceptable to hold one's citizenship application forever.
The culture at CIC is so that the less people get their citizenship no matter what, the better. I wish I could afford a lawyer because I would have sued them a very long time as I believe they never reviewed my RQ files because they figured it was probably more information than they could handle, so basically wasting almost 2 years of my time while the files were sitting on a shelf.

Rayan14 said:
Perhaps, but I m blaming the current government for the a quarter million plus backlog. I once was a Conservative party supporter and staffer. We will see if they will "LOSE" the election or not.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Power to you Ryan, I really wanted to command you for taking these steps to sue these incoherent, incompetent and useless people over at CIC.
This is really what we all need to do, it is completely unacceptable to hold one's citizenship application forever.
The culture at CIC is so that the less people get their citizenship no matter what, the better. I wish I could afford a lawyer because I would have sued them a very long time as I believe they never reviewed my RQ files because they figured it was probably more information than they could handle, so basically wasting almost 2 years of my time while the files were sitting on a shelf.
Agreed. No wonder many successful immigrants tend to leave Canada once they get their citizenship. It is abhorrent how we are treated by govt agencies.

Call the CIC on Monday and warn them you are considering a lawsuit. Trust me, they will become much more cooperative and polite.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I intend to do just that. I am so upset at these people that I am not going to be nice on the phone. I need an explanation as to why this case it approaching 4 years in processing which is completely unbelievable in a developed country.

Rayan14 said:
Agreed. No wonder many successful immigrants tend to leave Canada once they get their citizenship. It is abhorrent how we are treated by govt agencies.

Call the CIC on Monday and warn them you are considering a lawsuit. Trust me, they will become much more cooperative and polite.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
I intend to do just that. I am so upset at these people that I am not going to be nice on the phone. I need an explanation as to why this case it approaching 4 years in processing which is completely unbelievable in a developed country.
Have you been issued the dreaded CIT0520 yet?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know i am not slated to see any judges, I had 1142 days when I applied. The sticking issue is my entry/exit from the U.S which I was told could take up to 18 months, so I guess the officer in charge does not want to move forward without that document.

Rayan14 said:
This is more than 7 months. Are you slated to see a CJ? Were you short on your residency days?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
As far as I know i am not slated to see any judges, I had 1142 days when I applied. The sticking issue is my entry/exit from the U.S which I was told could take up to 18 months, so I guess the officer in charge does not want to move forward without that document.
Really? Didn't you have them on your passport? What are you doing to access those US trip records? Is there a way to ask the U.S. authorities to provide those records?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Any further up date all are very quiet , have not seen any progress

on2011-2012-2013 application.

congratulation drakef2000 for oath and becoming Canadian citizen

border9999

Star Member
Sep 24, 2007
Hi Rayan14,

If you require border crossing information between US/Canada you can request FOIA

http://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia

After calling my MP i found out that my case was transferred to Montreal office and soon I will receive a letter asking for hearing. Does anyone have any experience regarding hearing? Is it mostly negative? what documents need to be prepared?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hearing with the judge in case CIC feel that there are issue which need
to be address. You have to take the entire proof of your living in
Canada, ie. flight ticket if you travel, employment record, T4,
health record and CBSA border security record. Any thing discrepancy
in CBSA record need to be explain if any..

When you apply how many days in access to basic requirement 1095 days.
Did you apply before and withdraw application etc... P.R card renewal
recently etc...

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
border9999 said:
Hi Rayan14,

If you require border crossing information between US/Canada you can request FOIA

After calling my MP i found out that my case was transferred to Montreal office and soon I will receive a letter asking for hearing. Does anyone have any experience regarding hearing? Is it mostly negative? what documents need to be prepared?
Thank you.
Would you pls share your timeline with me again? Thnx

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
border9999 said:
Hi Rayan14,

I made a FOIA a request. How long does it take to receive anything from the CBP?

nsaurav

May 23, 2014
Hello Friends
I have couple of concern about RQ. I have my test done on June 16, 2015 at Niagara Falls ON. A week later I got RQ because of my extensive travel outside Canada ( Total 81 times including day trips to US). On RQ form at last on signature part it asks to write down "sign at City, Province and Country". Right Now I am at US and planning to send all documents from US. Can I reply my RQ from USA or not? If yes what I have to write down on that "sign at City, Province and Country" section of the RQ form. Can I put Niagara Falls, ON Canada or I have to put the city, State , USA. Thanks in advance for help from Seniors and other members those are in same situation.
Here is my time line
Application Sent : June 16, 2014
Received Email AOR Sept 12, 2015
In Process : Dec 22, 2014
Local office transfer: Jan 6, 2015
Test Date : Feb 16, 2015 ( Reschedule June 16, 2015)
RQ June 23, 2015