+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Congratulations! for new applications like yours the process is completely different. New applications are processed very very fast even those that receive RQs and CIT0520 as opposed to 2010/2011/2012 applicants. Some of us have been waiting for more than 50 months so I am not hopeful that these will be resolved anytime soon.
Exactly. If they clear the backlogs the immigration lawyers and CIC officers will be unemployed and jobless. The backlog will always be around as long as these unionized, greedy people run the immigration system.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
I ordered my atip on May 26 so I am hoping to get it very soon. It would be terrible if we have to wait until the end of July to receive our report. I won't be surprised at anyway given the fact that CIC is really not doing anything these days.
Have you considered calling the CIC and tell them you 'may' consider the writ of Mandamus? They suddenly become polite and cooperative if you threaten them with legal action over the phone. I did and they are now trying to get a CIC official to call me ASAP.

14 years and counting

Sep 22, 2014
Finally i got an Oath letter !!!

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 19, 2013.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 19, 2013.
We started processing your application on October 29, 2013.
We sent you a notice on January 7, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 29, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment,
Received CIT 0520 on June 4, 2015.
Sent in Documents on the June 5th 2015.
Called my MP last week to check on my file and was told i should be receiving something shortly.
Today i received a letter of Oath i am so excited i cannot believe it.

Good luck to everybody lets keep pushing.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
14 years and counting said:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 19, 2013.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 19, 2013.
We sent you a notice on January 7, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 29, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment,
Called my MP last week to check on my file and was told i should be receiving something shortly.

congratulations :)

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
congratulations :)
Congratulations.

Sam, You scare me when post anything in this thread. looool. I feel that we are likely to receive CIT 0520. loool. Just kidding. ;D

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
I got the dreaded CIT0520 on Monday.
What documents did they ask for? I talk on the phone to an agent and she said that most CIT0520s do not impact the processing times and for the few times it does, it is not very long. Good luck

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilkar said:
What documents did they ask for? I talk on the phone to an agent and she said that most CIT0520s do not impact the processing times and for the few times it does, it is not very long. Good luck
I am past 44th month of waiting. What processing times? The Conservatives have ruined lives and I am going to help throw them out of office.
Anyhoo... They want color copies of my previous passports. I don't have access to my old passports. So they won't get them. They want them, they can kiss my rear-end.
So now I am figuring out what exactly to say to these lazy morons at CIC.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.. passport related to your application years ?? when you apply..

i.e. 2008-2012 period....

if so than find out where is your passport otherwise this will be issue...

alternative you have to provide some other proof of your stays ?

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
They want color copies of my previous passports. I don't have access to my old passports.
So now I am figuring out what exactly to say to these lazy morons at CIC.
This is strange.
Usually when the old passport is not available, like Janoo said you have to provide other ways to prove that you stayed in Canada for the required period of time such as tax reports, rent agreements and things like that. Hopefully it won't affect your application. You should try to contact them to see what alternatives they propose when the old passport is not available.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi Rayan.. I suggest that you should contact them on urgent basis and
if you have any alternative proof, flight ticket, family doctor visit, job pay stub
etc.. send them with very kind letter hopefully as your case is almost 4 years
old they may consider positive....

Alternative that you have to re apply with new resident law???

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilkar said:
Usually when the old passport is not available, like Janoo said you have to provide other ways to prove that you stayed in Canada for the required period of time such as tax reports, rent agreements and things like that. Hopefully it won't affect your application. You should try to contact them to see what alternatives they propose when the old passport is not available.
They are merely concerned with some absences not mentioned in my RQ or before I became a PR. They were week long trips to Europe and the United States.
So I will send them a letter from my landlord, OHIP records, tax records and my undergrad enrollment for those years (I have already provided these twice) again, and will also tell them to go f.ck themselves (politely) of course. I really don't care any more.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
14 years and counting said:

Citizenship

Good for you. Vote in October. Throw the conservatives out.

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
They are merely concerned with some absences not mentioned in my RQ or before I became a PR. They were week long trips to Europe and the United States.
So I will send them a letter from my landlord, OHIP records, tax records and my undergrad enrollment for those years (I have already provided these twice) again, and will also tell them to go f.ck themselves (politely) of course. I really don't care any more.
Do you happen to still have etickets or boarding passes from those periods where you were not in Canada? Because if you do that should be good enough.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilkar said:
Do you happen to still have etickets or boarding passes from those periods where you were not in Canada? Because if you do that should be good enough.
I don't. Why would they need those? They already have those dates per their CBSA search. They want to know why I failed to disclose those. So I am going to figure out what to say in a letter to them soon.
What do you think I should say?