waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
djoli said:
Still no update here. The CIC officer is still having issues with my trips to U.S so he is not accepting the I-94 print out that I sent him because I guess he is suspecting something. I sent him a letter explaining him that the Entry/Exit record from the U.S on the FOIA website takes anywhere from 6 to 18 months which I cannot wait for. So I got my local MP involved to see if this can resolved but he is definitely being "Dick".
You mean after I send them everything they want they can still hit met with another CIT 0520? $#$%# me.

I'd also be getting an MP involved. Man that makes me so paranoid - lots of little day and weekend trips to the US in 2011 (before I even became a permanent resident) is what got them all up in arms. I'm from the US, about an hour away so why wouldn't I go home to see family/friends? Had I know Canada would be like North Korea once I became PR I'd have never traveled :p

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cec2011 said:
You mean after I send them everything they want they can still hit met with another CIT 0520? $#$%# me.

I'd also be getting an MP involved. Man that makes me so paranoid - lots of little day and weekend trips to the US in 2011 (before I even became a permanent resident) is what got them all up in arms. I'm from the US, about an hour away so why wouldn't I go home to see family/friends? Had I know Canada would be like North Korea once I became PR I'd have never traveled :p
You're quite lucky your application is taking only a few months. There are thousands of us whose applications have been in line to be processed for more than 40 months.

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
Rayan14 said:
You're quite lucky your application is taking only a few months. There are thousands of us whose applications have been in line to be processed for more than 40 months.
Doesn't really matter how fast it was processed as it looks like I'll be waiting 40 months now anyway.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes the I-94 report has limited information and could be reason and I have been checking the status online regularly and still no progress. I strongly believe it will take at least 6 to 18 months as they said so the officer would have to come up with something else on how to resolve this.

thecoolguysam said:
Please check the status of your foia request everyday, you never know if it has been processed. Mine took only less than 1 month.
Did you get explanation from the cic officer in the letter that why they havent accepted your i94?
As FOIA records have complete information like passport#, entry date, time etc ( i94 just has limited information) that could be the reason why the officer might have rejected it.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi Cec 2011...

Now a days Cit 0520 cases are resolve very fast as this related to specific requirement
and if you supply on time than the matter will be over in few months no need to worry
about 40 months. Am waiting for 41 months due to RQ and file transfer from
my local office to St.clair..

border9999

Star Member
Sep 24, 2007
I submitted my CIT 0520 at the beginning of April. So far I did not get any response. I know normally it takes about 3 months. My question is do you think I should contact my MP if it passes 3 months?

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
I m waiting since 28 oct 2014 after cit 520
I reach 24 months mark since they received my application on june 2013.
Looks like its gonna come soon, hopefully

border9999

Star Member
Sep 24, 2007
If you look that way, i submitted my application in 2012. It is going to be almost 36 months. Only recently I received my CIT 0520 after the RQ last year.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
ilkar,

When you did the test and had interview - - how did that go ?

So, they gave you CIT0520 some weeks later? I am guessing you didn't expect it right? and what is your local office.

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
ilkar,

When you did the test and had interview - - how did that go ?

So, they gave you CIT0520 some weeks later? I am guessing you didn't expect it right? and what is your local office.
I had my test April 15th in Vancouver. The lady who was processing my file just asked many questions because I have a many trips in many different countries so it was hard for her to check every stamp one by one. She said if I don't hear from them one month after the test, it means it is straightforward. But 20 days later, I received CIT 0520 asking for color copies of my passport as well as a plane ticket for a trip I had in Germany and Italy. I sent it the next day, but since then nothing. I am hoping it won't take too long because I applied with 2 months more in my residency calculator to avoid a RQ.