+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The mandamus application was filed on March 16. The applicant record, the substantive part of the application, was filed late tIn the day on April 20. I got a call on the morning of April 24th with the good news. I just learned that my file is on its way back to Edmonton.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:
The mandamus application was filed on March 16. The applicant record, the substantive part of the application, was filed late tIn the day on April 20. I got a call on the morning of April 24th with the good news. I just learned that my file is on its way back to Edmonton.
I wish you hearty congrats but I still do not understand how your mandamus application was successful since you have less than 36 months of processing time.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:

Congrats! You are on the last leg of your process. Hope they dont take another 3 months to send your file back and schedule Oath. Please keep us posted.

Your case has taken so much time and people deserve better service than this. If you dont mind How much did you spend on Mandamus? Its too early for me to think but I will like to keep that as an option.

Also one crazy thing is they transferred the file to Montreal on Apr 17, 2015. I don't know how an officer can make the decision in a week and whole of CIC could not do it for more than 36 months. Ridiculous. Your Mandamus did the trick.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I spent $50 (the filing fee) and photocopying costs. The opportunity cost of my time, at my prevailing hourly rate, was easily in excess of $10,000; I happen to be a lawyer.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:
I spent $50 (the filing fee) and photocopying costs. The opportunity cost of my time, at my prevailing hourly rate, was easily in excess of $10,000; I happen to be a lawyer.
I will keep that in mind and bother you for my case if I need. I hope you will give a discount for a fellow applicant. :D

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:
Could you explains his 'federal lawsuit' you initiated? Were you short of residency days?

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Could you explains his 'federal lawsuit' you initiated? Were you short of residency days?
Here is the thread I started regarding the court application. Basically a mandamus application with a couple of twists.

I applied with 1,099 days physical presence. Got form CIT 520 because, as best I can discern, I had quite a few day trips to the US back when I lived close to the border. Which is why I encourage everyone now to list those.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:
Here is the thread I started regarding the court application. Basically a mandamus application with a couple of twists.

I applied with 1,099 days physical presence. Got form CIT 520 because, as best I can discern, I had quite a few day trips to the US back when I lived close to the border. Which is why I encourage everyone now to list those.
Thanks a bunch.
So do you recommend withdrawing the citizenship application and re-applying?

bashaclick

Sep 10, 2011
Hello Rayan,
I did that but i don't prefer. I suggest to complete when they will invite you explain to them ur issue. don't withdraw your app

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bashaclick said:
Hello Rayan,
I did that but i don't prefer. I suggest to complete when they will invite you explain to them ur issue. don't withdraw your app
I have already taken the citizenship test a year ago.

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody,

I am joining the line of people who got a CIT 0520. I got it 2 days ago, 1 month after my test. After reading all the posts from this forum, I get the feeling that there is no consistency in the way these cases are treated. CIC requested colour copies of my passport and a plane ticket from a previous trip. Hopefully, it won't take a long time for the oath invitation to be sent. Good luck to all!!

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still no update here. The CIC officer is still having issues with my trips to U.S so he is not accepting the I-94 print out that I sent him because I guess he is suspecting something. I sent him a letter explaining him that the Entry/Exit record from the U.S on the FOIA website takes anywhere from 6 to 18 months which I cannot wait for. So I got my local MP involved to see if this can resolved but he is definitely being "Dick".

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here nothing new but I ordered an ATIP yesterday to understand what is really going on with my application. I will keep everyone updated. Cheers

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
djoli said:
Still no update here. The CIC officer is still having issues with my trips to U.S so he is not accepting the I-94 print out that I sent him because I guess he is suspecting something. I sent him a letter explaining him that the Entry/Exit record from the U.S on the FOIA website takes anywhere from 6 to 18 months which I cannot wait for. So I got my local MP involved to see if this can resolved but he is definitely being "Dick".
Please check the status of your foia request everyday, you never know if it has been processed. Mine took only less than 1 month.
Did you get explanation from the cic officer in the letter that why they havent accepted your i94?
As FOIA records have complete information like passport#, entry date, time etc ( i94 just has limited information) that could be the reason why the officer might have rejected it.