Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry i made a mistakes,

Office is Scarborough center:

Received: May 10, 2012.

Process application: Oct 25, 2012.

Residence questionnaire: Nov 30, 2012.

Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013.

1st Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013.

1st Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013.

Text Exam: February 7, 2014 and passed at St Clair office.

2nd Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2014.

2 Residence questionnaire: December 17, 2014

2 Residence questionnaire sent: January 14, 2015

Additional documents sent: March 14, 2015

Oath Ceremony: ??????

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually most people get CIT0520 after test and after the review of the original RQ.

Travel Dream said:
did anyone get CIT 0520 before the test?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No new updates on my end. I called CIC today and they told me they received the last docs I sent them late March, unfortunately as it is in most cases they have no idea when they will review them.
It is ironic that they only give you 30 days to respond to their requests, and yet they can take over 2 to 3 years to review them, pathetic.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because otherwise your file will not collect the requisite amount of dust... Duuhhh!

I know for a fact that in a recent submission filed in Federal Court, the Applicant made that very point: "surely there must be some reciprocal duty on the Minister to act with comparable dispatch." ;D ;D ;D

border9999

Star Member
Sep 24, 2007
I have submitted my CIT 0520 beginning of April 2015. I do not have any response yet. Most probably it is going to take 3 months or so.

clubspadina

Mar 10, 2015
Hi all

:) :) :)
Recently (Monday on 20th April) received my citizenship.

Here is my timeline:
2010 Feb - landed as PR (I was student before)
2012 July - submitted application
2012 December - application processing began
2013 October - Citizenship test, receive Questionnaire on the same day :(
2014 December - PR card renewal submitted
2015 January - Receive CIT0520
2015 February - responded to CIT0520 (Toronto office)
2015 February - PR card urgent request submitted (needed to travel to US)
2015 March - PR card expired, additional document requested for PR card application (passport scan, travel records...etc)
2015 April - receive notice for oath
2015 April - citizenship granted

Everyone keep your head up! Some people taking the oath has taken the test 4 years ago, you will get there! Be faithful and good luck!

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clubspadina said:
Hi all

:) :) :)
Recently (Monday on 20th April) received my citizenship.

Here is my timeline:
2010 Feb - landed as PR (I was student before)
2012 July - submitted application
2012 December - application processing began
2013 October - Citizenship test, receive Questionnaire on the same day :(
2014 December - PR card renewal submitted
2015 January - Receive CIT0520
2015 February - responded to CIT0520 (Toronto office)
2015 February - PR card urgent request submitted (needed to travel to US)
2015 March - PR card expired, additional document requested for PR card application (passport scan, travel records...etc)
2015 April - receive notice for oath
2015 April - citizenship granted

Everyone keep your head up! Some people taking the oath has taken the test 4 years ago, you will get there! Be faithful and good luck!
Congrats. We have very similar time lines. I applied in September 2012 and tested +RQ in October 2013. However I did not receive CIT520 - not sure if it is a bad sign or a good sign. Hopefully my oath is not far away either.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UPDATE****

Today I received yet another letter from CIC requesting my entry/exit records from the U.S, they are giving me 30 days to respond otherwise my application will be considered abandoned.
Back in March 2015 I had received the same request so I sent them my I-94 records which I was able to get thanks so some folks here in the forum but unfortunately it looks like the officer did not accept that as he is requesting Entry/Exit records from the U.S without telling me how to get them, this is really becoming ridiculous.
I am so disappointed and disgusted at this whole thing as I believe all of this could have been asked for a few years ago and now after 42 months in processing they are still asking for information without telling me how to get them. These guys at CIC are so narrow minded, all it takes is for someone to take a few trips to the U.S for them to doubt your sincerity, unbelievable.
Is anyone in the same situation? Has anyone submitted entry and exit records from the U.S? Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
djoli said:
UPDATE****

Today I received yet another letter from CIC requesting my entry/exit records from the U.S, they are giving me 30 days to respond otherwise my application will be considered abandoned.
Back in March 2015 I had received the same request so I sent them my I-94 records which I was able to get thanks so some folks here in the forum but unfortunately it looks like the officer did not accept that as he is requesting Entry/Exit records from the U.S without telling me how to get them, this is really becoming ridiculous.
I am so disappointed and disgusted at this whole thing as I believe all of this could have been asked for a few years ago and now after 42 months in processing they are still asking for information without telling me how to get them. These guys at CIC are so narrow minded, all it takes is for someone to take a few trips to the U.S for them to doubt your sincerity, unbelievable.
Is anyone in the same situation? Has anyone submitted entry and exit records from the U.S? Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I am sorry to know that.

Please submit FOIA request at the following link:

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

I just ordered it for myself for my personal records.

It basically has all entries to usa, no exit information.

For some people it took 1 month to few months as per their experience on this forum. For me it took around 16 calendar days

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli, I am so sorry to hear that, it must be absolutely maddening!!!

Go and do a FOIA request right away. It takes about a month to a month and a half. So it would be absolutely imperative that you write the local office and tell them that you've requested the US records and you will be forwarding them as soon as you get them. Maybe attach a printout of the FOIA submission confirmation.

One thing that really worries me in my case is that it was precisely some US day trips, early in the 4-year period, that caused the officer to issue CIT 520. I always found it strange that she checked off almost every box on the form but did not the one regarding getting travel records, Canadian, US, or otherwise. I am a EU passport holder and there are no stamps for any of my many trips there. If the US day trips were their major concern, it would have made sense to ask for them and little else. I am pretty sure that once someone starts reviewing my file, they will come to that realization and ask me to provide my US entry/exit history and provide consent for them to contact the CBSA. As you know, at the time most of us old-timers applied the application form did not include that consent provision.

So I am waiting for that other shoe to drop. As I wrote in another topic, last week my file was transferred from Edmonton to Montreal, presumably to expedite its processing. So I may get some news soon, either really crappy or really good. My Federal Court application has now been filed, so we'll see if that has any impact.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Than you very much thecoolguysman for this valuable information. I will submit the request online right away maybe write CIC a letter to tell them that I submitted the request. I am just curious, why can't CIC make this request directly with U.S authorities? it almost seems like they always have to put the burden on the applicant.

thecoolguysam said:
I am sorry to know that.

Please submit FOIA request at the following link:

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

I just ordered it for myself for my personal records.

It basically has all entries to usa, no exit information.

For some people it took 1 month to few months as per their experience on this forum. For me it took around 16 calendar days

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Bambino, I just submitted the request online. This is really becoming a nightmare as I believe that all of this could have been handled a few years ago. I guess we just don't have the choice but to wait and see what their next move is.

I am curious, did you receive yours by mail or by email? I am hoping that they will send it to me by email so that can speed up the process a bit.

bambino said:
djoli, I am so sorry to hear that, it must be absolutely maddening!!!

Go and do a FOIA request right away. It takes about a month to a month and a half. So it would be absolutely imperative that you write the local office and tell them that you've requested the US records and you will be forwarding them as soon as you get them. Maybe attach a printout of the FOIA submission confirmation.

One thing that really worries me in my case is that it was precisely some US day trips, early in the 4-year period, that caused the officer to issue CIT 520. I always found it strange that she checked off almost every box on the form but did not the one regarding getting travel records, Canadian, US, or otherwise. I am a EU passport holder and there are no stamps for any of my many trips there. If the US day trips were their major concern, it would have made sense to ask for them and little else. I am pretty sure that once someone starts reviewing my file, they will come to that realization and ask me to provide my US entry/exit history and provide consent for them to contact the CBSA. As you know, at the time most of us old-timers applied the application form did not include that consent provision.

So I am waiting for that other shoe to drop. As I wrote in another topic, last week my file was transferred from Edmonton to Montreal, presumably to expedite its processing. So I may get some news soon, either really crappy or really good. My Federal Court application has now been filed, so we'll see if that has any impact.