For this link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

I did not have any case number starting EAC or anthing,

However,

I did go to https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

and entered my Application ID or Case Number when I applied for USA B1/B2 visa

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Issued
Application ID or Case Number: AA004VRQ..
Case Creation Date: 01-Jan-2014
Status Updated Date: 05-Jan-2014

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it after more than five (5) working days, please visit www.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courier_information to track your courier waybill, to check your profile at the appointment website, or send an email to Contactus_en_ca @ usvisa-info.com to determine the status of your passport.

Just printing this will be enough to show that I have received my Visa?? because B1/B2 visa is already in my passport, I think there are more interested in my F1 status correct?
Yes. They would be more interested in what visa do you currently hold for USA i.e. your B1/B2.

You need to proof that the old visa expired (F1) and you currently only have one valid visa for USA.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
border9999 said:
No I do not have Nexus card
that's strange.

When i used to travel by land when i did not have nexus then at that time officer used to scan my visa and used to check my i94 and it used to make an entry on my i94 records.
I suppose when you travelled by land, the officer swiped your visa page everytime you entered usa?

SCsquare

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28th 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 9th 2009
File Transfer...
Nov 17th 2009
Med's Done....
Aug 15th 2009
Interview........
July 21st 2010
Passport Req..
July 21st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 21st 2010
LANDED..........
July 30th 2010
thecoolguysam said:
that's strange.

When i used to travel by land when i did not have nexus then at that time officer used to scan my visa and used to check my i94 and it used to make an entry on my i94 records.
I suppose when you travelled by land, the officer swiped your visa page everytime you entered usa?
Thats not the case. If you are a frequent traveller to USA they do not scan your visa or passport everytime. That's why the enteries are missing from the travel history.
I travelled every weekend to Canada from USA for a month. left USA on friday and returned Monday. Neither does CBSA nor my I-94 has all the records. Sometimes the border officer only used to check the validity of my visa and I-94 and used to return my passport without scanning.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SCsquare said:
Thats not the case. If you are a frequent traveller to USA they do not scan your visa or passport everytime. That's why the enteries are missing from the travel history.
I travelled every weekend to Canada from USA for a month. left USA on friday and returned Monday. Neither does CBSA nor my I-94 has all the records. Sometimes the border officer only used to check the validity of my visa and I-94 and used to return my passport without scanning.
which part of canada you are from?

I am from BC and since I have nexus, i just scan it and USA officers just check my i94 and don't scan my visa. while returning back to canada, i just scan my nexus.
When i did not use to have nexus, the usa officer used to scan my visa everytime i used to enter usa. while returning back to canada, the canadian officer always used to scan my pr card.

my foia and my cbsa has all records except one cbsa entry

land departures are not always recorded properly in i94 that's all i know:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/752/~/i-still-have-my-i-94

border9999

Star Member
Sep 24, 2007
I do not know why, all my land crossings were not recorded. I bet the reason was because I had my visa expired long time ago however I had valid I-20. So because of that, but then in 2011 I renewed my visa, still I can not see my land crossings. I am not sure what they were scanning, could be they are scanning my visa??

SCsquare hi,

1) All enteries were on same i-94
even the land crossings?? that is interesting

Maybe you are talking about the i-94 FOIA record instead of the online record?

3) I have similar mistakes, but I guess that is fine
I have one missing , not showing my departure

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
border9999 said:
I do not know why, all my land crossings were not recorded. I bet the reason was because I had my visa expired long time ago however I had valid I-20. So because of that, but then in 2011 I renewed my visa, still I can not see my land crossings. I am not sure what they were scanning, could be they are scanning my visa??

SCsquare hi,

1) All enteries were on same i-94
even the land crossings?? that is interesting

Maybe you are talking about the i-94 FOIA record instead of the online record?

3) I have similar mistakes, but I guess that is fine
I have one missing , not showing my departure
if you are not a nexus member, the officer at usa border will always scan your visa.

foia records and i94 are same. foia are more correct.
I had one missing entry in i94 but foia showed that missing entry.

i had one missing entry in cbsa side too and i am in process of getting it corrected.

SCsquare

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28th 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 9th 2009
File Transfer...
Nov 17th 2009
Med's Done....
Aug 15th 2009
Interview........
July 21st 2010
Passport Req..
July 21st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 21st 2010
LANDED..........
July 30th 2010
thecoolguysam said:
which part of canada you are from?

I am from BC and since I have nexus, i just scan it and USA officers just check my i94 and don't scan my visa. while returning back to canada, i just scan my nexus.
When i did not use to have nexus, the usa officer used to scan my visa everytime i used to enter usa. while returning back to canada, the canadian officer always used to scan my pr card.

my foia and my cbsa has all records except one cbsa entry

land departures are not always recorded properly in i94 that's all i know:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/752/~/i-still-have-my-i-94
I am from ON. I used to cross Rainbow bridge at Niagara walking every weekend. :) Travel between Toronto and Buffalo

SCsquare

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28th 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 9th 2009
File Transfer...
Nov 17th 2009
Med's Done....
Aug 15th 2009
Interview........
July 21st 2010
Passport Req..
July 21st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 21st 2010
LANDED..........
July 30th 2010
thecoolguysam said:
if you are not a nexus member, the officer at usa border will always scan your visa.

foia records and i94 are same. foia are more correct.
I had one missing entry in i94 but foia showed that missing entry.

i had one missing entry in cbsa side too and i am in process of getting it corrected.

Both my CBSA and i-94 records have 2 enteries missing.
Both my CBSA and I-94 records have wrong dates or duplicate dates.

I am not getting them corrected, as I don't think it would matter once this whole process is over with.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SCsquare said:
Both my CBSA and i-94 records have 2 enteries missing.
Both my CBSA and I-94 records have wrong dates or duplicate dates.

I am not getting them corrected, as I don't think it would matter once this whole process is over with.
Does your cbsa and i94 have same date entries missing or different dates?
i suspect i94 might have wrong or duplicate departure dates

cic uses cbsa reports also in order to calculate residency dates and for that reports needs to be corrected/correct. for u it does not matter as you have already submitted required documents after interview and you have given the explanation as well.

border9999

Star Member
Sep 24, 2007
Well, if CIC uses only CBSA entry, it has only half of the information, in order to get the complete travel history USA/Canada then it needs the USA border crossings. Also, they recently started new project where they share the information

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/btb-pdf/eeis-ponerep-sdes-rappun-eng.html

but that is starting recently, 2013 or so

SCsquare

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28th 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 9th 2009
File Transfer...
Nov 17th 2009
Med's Done....
Aug 15th 2009
Interview........
July 21st 2010
Passport Req..
July 21st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 21st 2010
LANDED..........
July 30th 2010
thecoolguysam said:
Does your cbsa and i94 have same date entries missing or different dates?
i suspect i94 might have wrong or duplicate departure dates

cic uses cbsa reports also in order to calculate residency dates and for that reports needs to be corrected/correct. for u it does not matter as you have already submitted required documents after interview and you have given the explanation as well.
CBSA and i-94 Both have same mistakes.

Canada only maintains its Departure dates and USA maintains its departure dates... So to get full travel history they exchange data. If if one entry is wrong in CBSA report it will be wrong in i-94 report as well.

This exchange of information has started recently sometime in 2012 or 2013.
Since all my travel was before that period, chances for missing entries and wrong entries are more.

border9999

Star Member
Sep 24, 2007
I think it is the opposite, Canada maintains the entry dates not the departure dates. Let say you are crossing the Rainbow bridge going to Toronto, ...entering Canadian customs, do you think US customs and border protection they can take your license while driving the bridge and record your departed USA ?? ..same thing for the opposite. They both have the entry records not the other way round!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Canada has entry records.
Canada has started maintaining exit records from Canada to USA since June 2013. (Canada & usa has started sharing information which means entry to one country will count an exit for other country)
Usa has entry records and usa has departure records. USA departure records are not always correct if you exit usa to Canada by land.

SCsquare

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28th 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 9th 2009
File Transfer...
Nov 17th 2009
Med's Done....
Aug 15th 2009
Interview........
July 21st 2010
Passport Req..
July 21st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 21st 2010
LANDED..........
July 30th 2010
I maybe wrong. Yes it makes sense to maintain entry records rather than exit. ::)