+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC PR Thread [PNP -> Paper Based Application]

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
Hi all

Can someone kindly provide me with CIC's number and the extension to talk to a real person?
Thanks

nainabjj

Apr 5, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
21-10-2016
Nomination.....
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2017
LANDED..........
soon

ChrisBanks

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi everyone, I need your ideas please.

I'm on PGWP till May 2019. My spouse is back home but we already applied for the SOWP hoping she will be here in Canada by Feb 2018.

I included her in my paper pnp pr application in Nov 2017 but no aor yet. I saw online that the processing time is now 18months (this is risky cos my pgwp expires in May 2019).

When she arrives here early next year, I would like to apply for the express entry but won't include her since my point is gonna drop. When I get my PR, I can then sponsor her.

Should I wait for the pnp PR or apply for the express entry?

What's your take on this? Advice please

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront

I'm on PGWP till May 2019. My spouse is back home but we already applied for the SOWP hoping she will be here in Canada by Feb 2018.

I included her in my paper pnp pr application in Nov 2017 but no aor yet. I saw online that the processing time is now 18months (this is risky cos my pgwp expires in May 2019).

When she arrives here early next year, I would like to apply for the express entry but won't include her since my point is gonna drop. When I get my PR, I can then sponsor her.

Seems like you already are doing everything you can. My ideas are:
1. Have a backup plan in the event of your spouse's work permit refusal. This happens often, unfortunately. Perhaps she can pass an English or French test, or do something to up your EE points as a family.

2. You cannot extend PGWP, but you can apply for a bridging open work permit when you have a pr application in progress.

3. Spousal sponsorship takes at least 12 months, and you need to make a certain amount of money to be able to do it. This may be a lengthy option.

Anyway, good luck and I hope your wife gets to come here ASAP!

Ryder

Sep 5, 2013

Hi, I have gone through a similar process myself. My common-law partner had a 2 year work permit, I was in Canada as a tourist and we went to the border and got me a spousal open work permit for the same duration of her work permit. It was a pretty simple process and we just flag-poled and got the visa. I then applied for the BC PNP program, and my visa was about to run out. I flag poled again with proof that I had been accepted on to the PNP program (certificate of nomination from BC PNP), and got a new work permit fixed to my employer and job role under which I applied. My girlfriend was given a 2 year open work permit. You do not need to wait for AOR from CIC to get a bridging open work permit, however doing things how I did them will get you an employer specific visa. Hope this helps.

My advice would be to remain with your current application until you find out if your partner can get a work permit and then you can both work until your PR is complete. Spousal sponsorship is a process that will take a lot longer than your current route.

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
@Ryder, how do you get a work permit by flagpoling? Is it possible to get a bridging open work permit this way? Does it mean that gathering documents, submitting an application to CIC and waiting for 90 days can all be bypassed by a trip to the border?

Polandru

Oct 17, 2017
Hi, anyone in here got a "free pre-arrival services" email from cic even without getting a MR nor PPR?

Here's my timeline (inland applicant)
Aug. 09, 2016- Applied for Nomination
Feb. 28, 2017- Received Nomination (AINP)

March 09, 2017- Submitted application by paper
April 18, 2017- AOR
September 22, 2017 - Reminder email
December 18, 2017- Pre-arrival services

Will appreciate any feedback or comments! :)

ChrisBanks

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Seems like you already are doing everything you can. My ideas are:
1. Have a backup plan in the event of your spouse's work permit refusal. This happens often, unfortunately. Perhaps she can pass an English or French test, or do something to up your EE points as a family.

2. You cannot extend PGWP, but you can apply for a bridging open work permit when you have a pr application in progress.

3. Spousal sponsorship takes at least 12 months, and you need to make a certain amount of money to be able to do it. This may be a lengthy option.

Anyway, good luck and I hope your wife gets to come here ASAP!
Thanks

ChrisBanks

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi, I have gone through a similar process myself. My common-law partner had a 2 year work permit, I was in Canada as a tourist and we went to the border and got me a spousal open work permit for the same duration of her work permit. It was a pretty simple process and we just flag-poled and got the visa. I then applied for the BC PNP program, and my visa was about to run out. I flag poled again with proof that I had been accepted on to the PNP program (certificate of nomination from BC PNP), and got a new work permit fixed to my employer and job role under which I applied. My girlfriend was given a 2 year open work permit. You do not need to wait for AOR from CIC to get a bridging open work permit, however doing things how I did them will get you an employer specific visa. Hope this helps.

My advice would be to remain with your current application until you find out if your partner can get a work permit and then you can both work until your PR is complete. Spousal sponsorship is a process that will take a lot longer than your current route.
Thanks

mohmmedhasan

Aug 19, 2017
Hello Seniors,
I have sent my paper based application today to CIC, may I know whether they will confirm receiving my application or not, what will be the next course of action? time frame ? :) thanks in advance.