CIC Montreal Office citizenship timeline after in Process

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
obitar said:
Hi how's the test question is hard or normal?
Also how many questions was Quebec related?
The test is fairly easy. If you read the book and took the online quizzes, you'll be all right. On my test there were zero questions about Quebec. That's why I recommend the official quiz: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/games/how/. The question on the actual test are very similar to the one on this quiz.

xalam said:
Do you know if we see the update that FP was received by cic online ECas?
No. You don't even see what kind of request they sent. After you completed what they ask and they processed it, you'll see the next step - either another document request or test invite.

kanatasnow

Feb 3, 2017
Congrats Tmota...

my test is for this Friday (Montreal), thanks for all support on this forum i check your timeline and i think i have the same luck as you for now :D

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanatasnow said:
Congrats Tmota...
my test is for this Friday (Montreal), thanks for all support on this forum i check your timeline and i think i have the same luck as you for now :D
Hey, I wish everyone a process as fast and smooth as I had!

Good luck on your test!

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Been 3 weeks since test/interview. Still in process. NOt sure whats going on. How long it takes for DM in montreal. Pretty nervous.

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VraiVie said:
Been 3 weeks since test/interview. Still in process. NOt sure whats going on. How long it takes for DM in montreal. Pretty nervous.
Hang in there, VraiVie. Comparing timelines and discussing it on the forum is fun, and helps us tend to our anxiety, but ultimately every case is different. Remember that on the other side are people working to process who knows how many applications with an equal number of distinctions. There's no need to be nervous. Your oath date will come.

I've read about people on the forum who never saw their status change to DM, they just got the oath invitation by mail. Call CIC and check with them.

xalam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
I forgot to write my Identication client or application number When i got PF...as mentionned in the lettre :( do you think they CAN find me without it on their system?

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xalam said:
I forgot to write my Identication client or application number When i got PF...as mentionned in the lettre :( do you think they CAN find me without it on their system?
Not sure what you mean, xalam. When you collected the FP, didn't you presented the letter they sent?

When I did it, I presented the letter, the person entered it in the system, then collected my FPs, and that was it. It was sent electronically, I never even saw what the document looks like.

obitar

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I just got test invitation on feb 9 for test feb 27 Montreal
In Process Jan 23

xalam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Yes I did present my cic letter however the agent gave me a form to fill and there is a question about why am I requesting FP and I wrote canadian citizenship without mentioning my CIC Identification Client ID as a reference

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xalam said:
Yes I did present my cic letter however the agent gave me a form to fill and there is a question about why am I requesting FP and I wrote canadian citizenship without mentioning my CIC Identification Client ID as a reference
Well, it was the same for me: I had to fill a very simple form - personal data (name, address), and in the reason to FP I just wrote "Requested by CIC for citizenship process". Since there was no specific field where to fill my application number, I didn't. I don't know if the person on who did the FP collection entered my application number, I never saw the screen he worked on - though he kept the letter for the first part of the process, before calling me to actually collect the FP, so I suspect he scanned it. There was no indication on the eCAS or anywhere else that my FPs were delivered, I was only sure once I got the test invite - the eCAS showed the invite about two weeks after FP collecting.

Where did you went to collect your FP? I did it here: http://identificationcanada.com, as it was the one on the list closest to my work and didn't required scheduling.

reza5576

Feb 5, 2015
Any one had test/interview at Guy-Favreau complex? More than 2 months since test/DM and still no oath invitation! I think in this office the timeline is different with other Montreal offices. Any experiences?

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reza5576 said:
Any one had test/interview at Guy-Favreau complex? More than 2 months since test/DM and still no oath invitation! I think in this office the timeline is different with other Montreal offices. Any experiences?
I don't think there is more than one Montreal office, even if there are different test places. I had my test/interview at the Guy-Favreau in January 16th, and my oath is tomorrow.

Try calling them to check if there's something missing.