+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Montreal Office citizenship timeline after in Process

obitar

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
Does anyone here from Montreal who applied citizenship from Montreal ?
Normally how long will it takes after in Process to test invite?

pablora

Feb 15, 2015
Hi, I also live in Montreal and have been "in process" since Dec 2, it seems it is a bit slow now in the CIC Montreal office..

Reactions: SANAGhada

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check my timeline bellow. I'm waiting for the oath invitation.

Major urban centres such as Montreal are always slower than smaller cities. That said, my experience has been fast enough. If they take the maximum amount of time the agent said for my oath - 2-4 months, hence 4 months for the maximum period - I'll be a citizen in six-months time after sending the application, and I got FP request. Considering people used to wait up to two years, and the processing time on the CIC website is listing an average 1 year, I'd say they are moving fast. Andersonhc's timeline also denotes that.

kanatasnow

Feb 3, 2017
Hi Guys im new here

I'm from Montreal, I think it depends on the agent who works on your app.

Look at my timeline versus Andersonhc, he sent his application before me and i will do the exam before him.

Citizenship timeline

25 / Nov - App Sent
28 / Nov - App Received
19 / Dec - AOR
23 / Dec - In Process
12 / Jan - FP Request
16 / Jan - FP sent
26 / Jan - Test invites
10 / Feb - Test Date

xalam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Where have you Had the service of FP, what' the name of the compagny or adress please

kanatasnow

Feb 3, 2017
they have a lot of accredited private fingerprint agencies, CIC will send you a list of them. Just make sure you pick on the list.

I do my fingerprints at identificationcanada ste catherine.

xalam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Do you think they need it for background check or identity check... I have already given my FP when i used to work for transport Canada... do you think it's related

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tmota said:
Check my timeline bellow. I'm waiting for the oath invitation.

Major urban centres such as Montreal are always slower than smaller cities. That said, my experience has been fast enough. If they take the maximum amount of time the agent said for my oath - 2-4 months, hence 4 months for the maximum period - I'll be a citizen in six-months time after sending the application, and I got FP request. Considering people used to wait up to two years, and the processing time on the CIC website is listing an average 1 year, I'd say they are moving fast. Andersonhc's timeline also denotes that.
My wife's process, also in Montreal, was completed last year after 11 months and it included an RQ. They were very fast.

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked my eCAS, Oath letter sent, ceremony on February 21st.

From the day I sent the application to the ceremony it will be 101 days, including FP request. I would say they are moving pretty fast.

Richie888

Jun 17, 2014
tmota said:
Just checked my eCAS, Oath letter sent, ceremony on February 21st.

From the day I sent the application to the ceremony it will be 101 days, including FP request. I would say they are moving pretty fast.
Congrats, I also have passed the test in Montreal.but somehow it is slower for me . Decision made the 15th January but still no oath invite.i wonder how does the whole thing works for oath invite?
Good luck

obitar

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Richie888 said:
Congrats, I also have passed the test in Montreal.but somehow it is slower for me . Decision made the 15th January but still no oath invite.i wonder how does the whole thing works for oath invite?
Good luck
Hi how's the test question is hard or normal?
Also how many questions was Quebec related?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Richie888 said:
Good luck
It can take 2-4 months after DM for the oath invite. But luckily most are quicker....