+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Medicals Exams from outside the USA. (Home Town)

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
The Medical request will come to you here in the US then you can send the Medicals forms to her if you want to have it done from the DMP in your native country, although keep in mind that sometimes it delay the process because of family members completing medicals in different countries.

Same thing with passport request, it will come to you here in the US, when it comes, you need to submit your passport here, you cannot change and send her to your native country embassy for visa stamping, it must be submitted for visa stamping at one place where you applied.

She can send her passport to you if she can't come, however sending passport out of some countries is illegal, you should check the laws in your country on sending passport to US.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
NewYorker,

I just plan to do the Medicals from home country in the event that I get the AOR for medicals during the vacation trip. But then my family will be back to the USA and that is when I will submit the passports.

I hope this makes it less complicated. I dont mind the delay in process if the medicals are done from home country.

Harry2500

Star Member
Nov 13, 2008
Hello Every one,

Any one know where do we need to send the medicals if in case wife would have done it from native country.

please any suggestions....??

A

Albertagoverner

Harry2500 said:
Hello Every one,

Any one know where do we need to send the medicals if in case wife would have done it from native country.

please any suggestions....??
When send those Medicals to Ottawa, make sure they are from CIC designated Medical Practitioner and if practitioner was located in Home Country then explain the reason for native Country trip and circumstances. You should be fine as long as you explain the spouse's home country trip.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
When CIC sends you medical instruction they just give you the website to go and do your medicals through one of CIC's designated Medical Practitioners so I don't think it matters if you applied in Buffalo and did medicals in india or anywhere else.I also do not think you need to go through the headache of explaining to CIC why you did your medicals with a particular CIC designated Medical Practitioner.Their main concern is for it to be fine. My cousin applied at the English embassy and at the eve of his vacation trip to the united states he received instructions for medicals. He just brought the papers here and did his medicals and no questions were asked and he received the passport request and visa was issued. He is one month old in Canada. Hey This is just my opinion.

A

Albertagoverner

rascojenkins said:
When CIC sends you medical instruction they just give you the website to go and do your medicals through one of CIC's designated Medical Practitioners so I don't think it matters if you applied in Buffalo and did medicals in indian or anywhere else.I also do not think you need to go through the headache of explaining to CIC why you did your medicals with a particular CIC designated Medical Practitioner.My cousin applied at the English embassy and at the eve of his vacation trip to the united states he received instructions for medicals. He just brought the papers here and did his medicals and no questions were asked and he received the passport request and visa was issued. He is one month old in Canada. Hey This is just my opinion.

HARRY2500:

HEALTH EXAMINATION & DESIGNATED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS (US & INDIA)
Here is DMP webpage:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/section-10.asp

Ottawa Addresses:

Operations Directorate
Director of Operations
Health Management Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Ave. West, 3rd floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1

Medical Examinations Issued Abroad

Immigration medical examinations performed in Canada (and the United States) should normally be forwarded to the Health Management Branch in Ottawa when completed, no matter where the documents were issued

Handbook which CIC will send/refer:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/dmp-handbook.pdf
Download and save in your computer.

DMP located in India:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1995&CountryName=India

DMP located in United States, Select your state:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
rascojenkins said:
When CIC sends you medical instruction they just give you the website to go and do your medicals through one of CIC's designated Medical Practitioners so I don't think it matters if you applied in Buffalo and did medicals in india or anywhere else.I also do not think you need to go through the headache of explaining to CIC why you did your medicals with a particular CIC designated Medical Practitioner.Their main concern is for it to be fine. My cousin applied at the English embassy and at the eve of his vacation trip to the united states he received instructions for medicals. He just brought the papers here and did his medicals and no questions were asked and he received the passport request and visa was issued. He is one month old in Canada. Hey This is just my opinion.
This is what I was looking for, someone who did medicals from the country other than where the application is being processed. This sounds assuring.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
I have the following questions. Any help will be appreciated.

What is the time frame in which we have to do the medicals?

Within what time frame do we have to send the passports?

Is there any cut out or timelines for these which can adversely affect the PR process?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
1. 60 Days
2. 15 Days (or may be a little more)
3. Yes, if you don't send/undergo within this time frame, your PR application will be rejected.

Once visa is affixed on your passports, you can land withing one year from the date of your medicals were done, the expiry date will be on visa.

A

Albertagoverner

NewYorker said:
1. 60 Days
2. 15 Days (or may be a little more)
3. Yes, if you don't send/undergo within this time frame, your PR application will be rejected.

Once visa is affixed on your passports, you can land withing one year from the date of your medicals were done, the expiry date will be on visa.
Thanks for this information. This is very useful.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
After you have done your medicals, approx how long does it take till they request for the passports?

j2alberta

May 11, 2009
Hey El.Bee
Can you please update us where you finally did your medicals, India or US with the outcome?
I might be on a vacation at a time when I might recieve a medical request and wanna know if doing it outside has worked for you.

Ell.Bee said:
rascojenkins said:
This is what I was looking for, someone who did medicals from the country other than where the application is being processed. This sounds assuring.